|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wray agree to in order to cancel his debt?
(a) Taking on a dangerous spy mission.
(c) Political favors.
(d) Resigning his commission.
2. For what are the men thankful?
(b) The end of the desert.
(c) Food and friends.
(d) Orders sending them on furlough.
3. What does Aubrey fear about submitting his report?
(b) That the failed mission will end his career.
(c) That he will be held responsible for attacking the wrong galley.
(d) That he will not be given back the Surprise.
4. How do Dr. Maturin and Mr. Martin explore the waters off the side of the ship?
(a) By pulling up barrels of water.
(b) They cannot because there are too many sharks.
(c) In a diving bell.
(d) With a periscope.
5. From what does the Surprise escape?
(a) A severe hurricane.
(b) Destrution by a collision with the Pollux.
(c) Capture by an American frigate.
(d) Capture or damage by a Frence man-of-war near Zambara Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey know decreases the longer they are at sea?
2. What has to be rationed?
3. What does Maturin think could happen if it becomes known what has happened to Mr. Fielding?
4. What does Maturin suspect about Mr. Fielding?
5. Why does Mr. Fielding decline passage aboard the Surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Fielding change the atmosphere on board the Surprise?
2. Who leaves instructions for Aubrey and what are the orders?
3. What does Mr. Fielding falsely believe about Aubrey and how does that influence Mr. Fielding's choices?
4. What concerns the men when they arrive at the fort, but what happens in the end?
5. Describe the capture of a French privateer by the Surprise.
6. Who are Mr. Honey and Mr. Maitland and how does Aubrey help them?
7. With what is the Admiral most concerned about the events surrounding the treasure ship's trickery?
8. What seems to demonstrate that Aubrey's failure to gain the treasure will not be held against him?
9. Describe the encounter with the French man-of-war.
10. How does Maturin gain political favors from Wray and what are those favors?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)