|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Fielding ask Aubrey to help her write?
(a) Lyrics to a song she writes.
(b) A letter to her husband.
(c) An appeal for the release of her husband.
(d) An appeal for the release of her husband's funds at a local bank.
2. How does one gain rank in the British navy?
(a) Through political ties.
(b) Through family connections.
(c) Through successful battles and conquests.
(d) By putting in the time required for each rank level.
3. Why does Aubrey request camels immediately?
(a) He wants to learn to command one.
(b) He wants to leave immediately.
(c) He wants to reserve the best camels while Ramadan is going on.
(d) He wants to learn to ride one.
4. What has happened to many of the men's uniforms?
(a) Lost in gambling.
(b) Torn from wear.
5. What does the Dromedary encounter at sea?
(a) An American privateer.
(b) A Barbary coast pirate.
(c) Good weather.
(d) A French privateer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey fear?
2. Who does Graham believe is visiting Malta?
3. How long does Aubrey think it will be before the Surprise is ready to sail?
4. Where is Aubrey to disembark with his crew?
5. Who is Ponto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aubrey learn about the Worcester and Surprise when he meets with the Admiral?
2. Describe Stephan Maturin.
3. What is Ramadan?
4. What does Aubrey find when he checks on his crew?
5. Who do Aubrey and his crew meet in Mubara and what does he tell them?
6. Where do Aubrey and Maturin encounter each other and why is Maturin there?
7. What does Aubrey fear about his crew as time passes?
8. What are Aubrey's orders from the Admiral for him and his crew?
9. What is Captain Aubrey's specific situation?
10. What does Aubrey do with his prize money?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)