|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one gain rank in the British navy?
(a) Through political ties.
(b) Through successful battles and conquests.
(c) By putting in the time required for each rank level.
(d) Through family connections.
2. What do Aubrey and Maturin share?
(a) An appreciation for the natural sciences.
(b) An appreciation for music.
(c) A hatred of the Irish.
(d) A hatred of all things Dutch.
3. Who has just been promoted to junior commander of his own ship?
(a) Mr. Pullings.
4. Against whom is England fighting during Treason's Harbor?
(c) The United States.
5. What is happening to many of Aubrey's best men?
(a) They are being hired by other Captains.
(b) They are getting into brawls in the taverns and being badly injured.
(c) They are leaving naval service.
(d) They are being promoted to other positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey send his wife?
2. How does Aubrey pay for the repairs on his ship?
3. Why does Aubrey want his crew to report to the shipyard?
4. What sort of relationship does Ponto's rescuer engender with Mrs. Fielding?
5. What has happened to many of the men's uniforms?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)