|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin tell Mr. Fielding?
(a) That his wife is dead.
(b) That his wife has been very concerned for him.
(c) That Maturin will take Fielding's information to the admiral in Malta.
(d) That Sir Blaine will want to see Mr. Fielding immediately.
2. What does Aubrey encourage Honey and Maitland to do?
(a) Take their lieutenant's exam as soon as they return to Malta.
(b) Find a new career.
(c) Move to the United States.
(d) Accompany Maturin on his specimen-gathering expedition.
3. What does the wind bring to the ship?
(b) Smell of smoke.
(c) Smells of rotting fishes.
4. About what does Aubrey worry?
(a) Where the fort's inhabitants are.
(b) Where to obtain food.
(c) Where to obtain water.
(d) How to find a ship.
5. What does Mrs. Fielding ask Aubrey to help her write?
(a) An appeal for the release of her husband.
(b) A letter to her husband.
(c) Lyrics to a song she writes.
(d) An appeal for the release of her husband's funds at a local bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do the citizens gossip?
2. How does Aubrey pay for the repairs on his ship?
3. What secret occupation does Graham have in common with Maturin?
4. How is the crew that remains as far as their ties to Aubrey?
5. What do Maturin and Graham fear will happen to their naval maneuvers if there are French spies in the area?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)