|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maturin doing as Aubrey conferences with the Admiral?
(a) Replenishing his medical supplies.
(b) Visiting a desert island near Malta to study lizard specimens.
(c) Visiting his patients in the hospital.
(d) He is enroute back to England.
2. What has happened to many of the men's uniforms?
(b) Lost in gambling.
(c) Torn from wear.
3. To whom does Aubrey report upon his return to Malta?
(a) Admiral Leighton.
(b) The aide de camp to the Commander-in-Chief.
(c) Admiral Hartley.
(d) The Commander-in-Chief.
4. What does Maturin think could happen if it becomes known what has happened to Mr. Fielding?
(a) Mrs. Fielding may die of grief.
(b) Mrs. Fielding's life may be in danger.
(c) Maturin would have to take care of Mrs. Fielding financially.
(d) Maturin would divorce Diana and marry Mrs. Fielding.
5. How does Ponto respond to his rescuer?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With jealousy.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Dromedary?
2. How does Wray become indebted to Maturin?
3. What do some of Aubrey's crew mistake animals for?
4. For what is Aubrey grateful?
5. How does Aubrey pass the voyage home?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)