|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the treacherous sea through which they are sailing?
(a) Near La Compaigne.
(b) Near Ithaca.
(c) Near Thyrce.
(d) Near Cape Horn.
2. Who is Major Pollock?
(a) The Admiral's aide de camp.
(b) A spy for France.
(c) An Army major who is retiring from the service.
(d) A man whose brother is given command of the Blackwater.
3. What surprises Maturin about Mr. Fielding?
(b) That he is not the spy.
(c) That he is alive.
(d) That he is a traitor.
4. What is the Egyptian Wind?
(a) A type of sail.
(b) A superstitious sailor tale.
(c) A current out of the confluence of the Nile and Egypt.
(d) An air pattern.
5. What happens to Mr. Hairabedian?
(a) He is hung for murder.
(b) Aubrey refuses to set him ashore and he kills himself.
(c) He gets addicted to the opium.
(d) He is killed by sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aubrey and Maturin share?
2. How is visibility in the squalls?
3. Where are a group of British Navy officers gathered at the opening of Treason's Harbor?
4. Why does Aubrey want his crew to report to the shipyard?
5. How does one gain rank in the British navy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)