|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Raphael and Rat take the letter while Olivia and Gardo are at Colva Prison?
(a) By the river.
(b) By the sea.
(c) By the lake.
(d) By the canal.
2. How does Rat create an emergency exit inside the boys' tiny room above the laundry?
(a) He chops a hole in the siding.
(b) He loosens part of the roof.
(c) He keeps a knotted rope hanging outside the window.
(d) He keeps a stick of dynamite by the bed.
3. For how long does Senator Zapanta inhabit the role of vice-president?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. What does the letter say would happen to the reader's soul if the reader were to visit Senator Zapanta's house?
(a) It would die.
(b) It would endure.
(c) It would burn.
(d) It would sing.
5. In what office does Olivia's father work?
(a) Foreign Office.
(b) Recruiting Office.
(c) Office of Finance.
(d) Legislation Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivia say is the only article of clothing worn by most of the prisoners?
2. What does Rat use to indicate a kiss in the picture he leaves for Father Juilliard inside the safe?
3. In what type of vehicle do Rat, Raphael, and Gardo flee after losing the police in the crowd of children?
4. What does Raphael say he has done with the last of his money, causing him to be too broke to pay for bus fare to Senator Zapanta's house?
5. What is the position of Senator Zapanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Olivia is confronted by the police due to her showing her passport at Colva Prison and arousing suspicion about her motives, what happens to her?
2. Why are there dozens of families living in shacks nearby Colva Prison?
3. In what way does Gabriel Olondriz say that he had been betrayed by his legal defense team?
4. What features of the prison result in Olivia's pronouncement of the place as a "hell" (100)?
5. How do the boys figure out that the money lies within the Navaro Graveyard at the center of the city?
6. Of what crimes was Gabriel Olondriz falsely accused after his attempt to expose Senator Zapanta's corruption?
7. What method do Raphael, Gardo, and Rat use in order to evade the police after they leap from rooftop to rooftop in an attempt to escape?
8. How does Gabriel Olondriz say he has ended up in Colva Prison?
9. After the boys escape from the police's raid of the tenement building, where do they go and why is the place they go so crowded on this particular day?
10. When the police return to the dumpsite in search of the boys, what plan does Rat suggest?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)