|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of payment does Olivia use to pay for Gardo's new clothes?
(a) A credit card.
(b) American dollars.
(d) A check.
2. What is the job of Frederico Gonz?
(a) He fixes security systems.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a houseboy.
(d) He makes grave memorials.
3. In what neighborhood does Senator Zapanta live?
(b) Green Hills.
4. For what purpose does Senator Zapanta order police to clear squatter camps?
(a) To make way for a mall he wants to build.
(b) To make way for an amusement park he wants to build.
(c) To make way for a rock quarry he wants to build.
(d) To make way for a restaurant he wants to build.
5. What is Senator Zapanta's first name?
6. What does Raphael say he has done with the last of his money, causing him to be too broke to pay for bus fare to Senator Zapanta's house?
(a) He has given it to his mother.
(b) He has given it to his aunt.
(c) He has given it to his cousin.
(d) He has given it to his sister.
7. How does Rat create an emergency exit inside the boys' tiny room above the laundry?
(a) He loosens part of the roof.
(b) He chops a hole in the siding.
(c) He keeps a knotted rope hanging outside the window.
(d) He keeps a stick of dynamite by the bed.
8. For how long does Senator Zapanta inhabit the role of vice-president?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
9. When Gabriel Olondriz tells Olivia he is sorry that he has told the story of the government's corruption so often that it has lost something, what does he tell her it has lost?
(b) Breathing space.
10. With what implement does Gardo cut Marco so that he can escape from the trap set by Marco?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) An awl.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A hook.
11. How long does it take Rat to tell Raphael and Gardo where he has gotten the money to bribe Marco?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
12. What does Rat finally reveal to the reader about the source of the money he has saved up for a fishing boat?
(a) He has been begging on the streets at night.
(b) He has been stealing from Olivia's purse.
(c) He has been stealing from the school safe once or twice a month.
(d) He has been working at the local market.
13. What natural phenomenon has been rumored to arrive in the area as Gardo and Olivia are traveling to Colva Prison
(a) A typhoon.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A cyclone.
14. How many stories high is Colva Prison?
15. In what type of vehicle do Gardo and Olivia travel to Colva Prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what office does Olivia's father work?
2. What does Raphael say makes the Navaro Graveyard distinctive among the city's other graveyards?
3. What does Rat say that Raphael does every night when the boys are hiding in their little room above the laundry?
4. What do the boys figure out the slash in the code means?
5. What is the main thing Olivia says she has learned from the Behala dumpsite in her time there?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)