|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Raphael and Rat take the letter while Olivia and Gardo are at Colva Prison?
(a) By the river.
(b) By the canal.
(c) By the sea.
(d) By the lake.
2. What method does Gabriel Olondriz say that the government usually uses in order to steal money?
(a) Deposing government officials.
(b) Starting Swiss bank accounts.
(c) Bogus contracts.
(d) Hiding charity money.
3. What two names does Rat call Olivia in lieu of using her first name?
(a) Miss and Sister.
(b) Sister and Mother.
(c) Teacher and Sister.
(d) Missus and Madame.
4. Why does Rat not tell Raphael or Gardo his reasons for returning to the dumpsite?
(a) He does not want them to be able to tell his whereabouts if they are caught.
(b) He does not want them to think he is a bad person.
(c) He thinks it would bring bad luck.
(d) He does not have time to tell them before he catches the train.
5. What does Rat say is something Father Juilliard did once that no one had done for Rat before and that no one had done since?
(a) Father Juilliard had given Rat a birthday card.
(b) Father Juilliard had given Rat a hug.
(c) Father Juilliard had given Rat a gold coin.
(d) Father Juilliard had given Rat a kiss.
6. What does Rat have to do to Raphael in order to get him to unfreeze and to escape out of the roof hatch when the police come?
(a) Smack him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Yell at him.
(d) Show him a knife.
7. Who do the police mention in their warning to Gardo when they are yelling after the boys during their escape from the room above the laundry?
(a) Gardo's aunt.
(b) Gardo's cousin.
(c) Father Juilliard.
8. What is the position of Senator Zapanta?
(b) Attorney General.
(c) City Councilman.
(d) Vice President.
9. What natural phenomenon has been rumored to arrive in the area as Gardo and Olivia are traveling to Colva Prison
(a) A tornado.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) A cyclone.
(d) A tsunami.
10. With what implement does Gardo cut Marco so that he can escape from the trap set by Marco?
(a) A hook.
(b) A switchblade.
(c) An awl.
(d) A screwdriver.
11. How long do the boys spend thinking about how to get the bribe required to pay Marco for his procurement of the Bible?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
12. When Olivia meets Gabriel Olondriz in Colva Prison, she says that he is not just weak, but he is what?
(c) Barely alive.
(d) Wasting away.
13. For how long does Senator Zapanta inhabit the role of vice-president?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 8 years.
14. How does Gardo conceal his identity while going back to Colva Prison to find Marco?
(a) He wraps a scarf around his face.
(b) He walks with a limp.
(c) He cuts his hair off.
(d) He pretends to be deaf and dumb.
15. How much money does Jose Angelico pay Frederico Gonz as a deposit on the second job?
(a) 200 pesos.
(b) 500 pesos.
(c) 400 pesos.
(d) 100 pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat say that Raphael does every night when the boys are hiding in their little room above the laundry?
2. How many visits does Rat say the prisoners in Colva Prison get per month?
3. What does Rat fear may happen to him if he is caught, since he has no biological family?
4. What color does Rat use to describe the influx of police that lead the boys to flee from Behala at the start of Part Four?
5. Who tells Olivia that his grandfather is in Colva Prison in order to get her to accompany him on the next step toward unraveling the mystery of the leather bag?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)