|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Raphael say he makes on a good day?
(a) 25 pesos.
(b) 100 pesos.
(c) 50 pesos.
(d) 200 pesos.
2. Of what objects does Father Juilliard say that Rat's fingers remind him?
(b) Pipe cleaners.
3. With what crime was Jose Angelico charged before his death?
4. When the police ask Raphael about the bag he has found and he denies finding a bag, what does he say he has found instead?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A basketball.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A shoe.
5. How old are Raphael and Gardo within the narrative?
6. To what police station is Raphael taken upon his arrest?
(a) Ermita Police Station.
(b) Palos Verdes Police Station.
(c) Carlitos Police Station.
(d) Puebla Police Station.
7. What number is on the yellow tag attached to the key Raphael finds inside the wallet?
8. What location does Raphael decide the boys must visit in order to deliver the letter they have found in the train station locker?
(a) Leavenworth Prison.
(b) Sing Sing Prison.
(c) Cuervo Prison.
(d) Colva Prison.
9. What does Raphael say is the meaning of the word "stuppa" (3)?
(a) Human muck.
(b) Animal muck.
(c) Radioactive Waste.
10. What color of plastic fetches the best prices, according to Raphael?
11. How many van-loads of police arrive at Raphael's house when they come to arrest him?
12. In what type of vehicle had Pascal Aguila been riding when his death occurred?
(a) Motorcycle sidecar.
13. What does Raphael say he cannot stop doing when he is arrested and is being dragged to the police car?
(d) Thinking about his Auntie.
14. What is the word people in the area use to demonstrate respect for their elders when addressing them?
15. How much are Rat, Gardo, and Raphael paid for their help in looking for the bag at the dumpsite?
(a) 100 pesos.
(b) 50 pesos.
(d) 200 pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to keep the dumpsite boys away from the crane-belts while they are running?
2. How many basketball courts does Raphael estimate the dumpsite to be in area?
3. What job does Grace perform for Senator Zapanta?
4. What position had Pascal Aguila held before his untimely death?
5. What term does Raphael apply to Gordo while introducing him to the reader?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)