|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Raphael say he makes on a good day?
(a) 50 pesos.
(b) 200 pesos.
(c) 25 pesos.
(d) 100 pesos.
2. What causes Gardo to consent to a plan to visit the train station, even though he has been reluctant to do so?
(a) He finds out that the train station is due for renovation soon.
(b) Rat threatens to go with Raphael and to leave Gardo out of the trip.
(c) Raphael threatens to go with Rat and to leave Gardo out of the trip.
(d) He thinks two weeks is sufficient for the danger to have passed.
3. What is another term for The Day of the Dead in the novel's unnamed country?
(a) All Souls' Night.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) All Souls' Day.
(d) All Hallows' Eve.
4. What method of payment does Olivia use to pay for Gardo's new clothes?
(a) A credit card.
(c) A check.
(d) American dollars.
5. What does Raphael say is unique about Rat?
(a) He lives in a real house.
(b) He has absolutely no family.
(c) He drives a car.
(d) He lives underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raphael say is the reason that he and the other rubbish boys do not wear shoes?
2. Raphael describes the mountains of trash as stretching from the docks to what feature?
3. When the boys retrieve the envelope from the locker at the train station, what is on the slip of paper attached to the letter inside the envelope?
4. What does Rat finally reveal to the reader about the source of the money he has saved up for a fishing boat?
5. Who tries to keep the rubbish boys away from the crane-belts while they are running?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)