|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to keep the dumpsite boys away from the crane-belts while they are running?
(a) The school teachers.
(b) The government officials.
(c) The older men.
(d) The guards.
2. When Olivia asks Gardo what all of the prisoners have done to get locked up in Colva Prison, what crime does he tell her most of them have committed, besides fighting?
(a) Being in poverty.
3. Raphael relates that his life consists of living "day to day" (6) and of hoping for what?
(a) That he does not get attacked by the older men.
(b) That he can find a treasure.
(c) That he does not die.
(d) That he does not get sick.
4. The view from the top of the trash mountain provides a look at what natural feature?
(a) The sea.
(b) The peninsula.
(c) The lake.
(d) The river.
5. What location does Raphael decide the boys must visit in order to deliver the letter they have found in the train station locker?
(a) Leavenworth Prison.
(b) Sing Sing Prison.
(c) Colva Prison.
(d) Cuervo Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boys retrieve the envelope from the locker at the train station, what is on the slip of paper attached to the letter inside the envelope?
2. What position had Pascal Aguila held before his untimely death?
3. How many people were killed when Smoky Mountain collapsed?
4. Whose son is Dante Jerome?
5. What two names does Rat call Olivia in lieu of using her first name?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)