|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia say is the most seductive thing in the world?
(a) Charity work.
(b) A child's smile.
(c) A comfortable life.
(d) A lover's embrace.
2. How old are Raphael and Gardo within the narrative?
3. Where do Raphael and Rat take the letter while Olivia and Gardo are at Colva Prison?
(a) By the sea.
(b) By the river.
(c) By the lake.
(d) By the canal.
4. What does Father Juilliard say he has given Rat, though he has never seen Rat wear it?
(a) A cravat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A tie.
(d) A school uniform.
5. What does Raphael say is the reason that he and the other rubbish boys do not wear shoes?
(a) They degrade too quickly as the boys walk amidst the trash.
(b) They need to feel around with their bare feet.
(c) They are growing too fast to keep shoes long anyway.
(d) They are too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rat and Gardo come to ask Olivia to accompany them to Colva Prison, what other purpose is she at first positive that they have in mind?
2. For how long does Senator Zapanta inhabit the role of vice-president?
3. What is the name of the dumpsite in which Raphael and the other rubbish boys scavenge?
4. What does Father Juilliard say are "what we live by, even though we all know they're sometimes foolish" (52)?
5. What name does the interrogator call Raphael when he asks him who taught him to read?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)