|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
2. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that her English is what?
3. What does Lancey say the army will do if Yolland is not found in 24 hours?
(a) Burn down the church.
(b) Burn down the village.
(c) Shoot the townspeople.
(d) Shoot all the livestock.
4. When is Jimmy getting married in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
5. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
(a) Puts her hands out.
(b) Weeps silently.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Turns away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Sarah enters and sees what in the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
5. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the significance and repetition of the word "always" in Act 2, Scene 2.
2. What reason would Sarah have for crying and feeling guilt in Act 3?
3. How do Maire and Yolland express that they have both had feelings for one another building up to Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Compare the characters of Yolland and Manus as they relate to Maire as a love interest.
5. What are Bridget and Doalty talking about when they enter in Act 3?
6. What is ironic about Maire's speaking English in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What danger is involved in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What is Yolland's hope for the future with Maire in Act 2, Scene 2? How does his dream differ from hers?
9. What does Manus tell Owen just before he leaves regarding their father? What does he say to Sarah?
10. What fire takes place in Act 3? What happens with the characters because of this?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)