|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that when his grandfather was a boy the British did the same thing in Act 3?
2. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, Maire wonders whether her aunt taught her something which is what?
4. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
(a) Homer and Cicero.
(b) Virgil and Cicero.
(c) Homer and Plato.
(d) Virgil and Caesar.
5. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were horses.
(c) They were being chased.
(d) They were in a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
2. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
3. Who does Maire say will wonder where she's got to in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Yolland tells Maire that he spends his days either thinking of her or what in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. To whom does Jimmy say he's getting married in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugh say to Owen after he finds the names book in Act 3?
2. In what ways are Maire and Yolland shy and awkward in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is ironic about Maire's speaking English in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. When Lancey enters in Act 3, what does he inform the students?
5. What danger is involved in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What is Maire's demeanor in Act 3 when she enters? What does she ask Owen?
7. Describe the setting of Act 2, Scene 2.
8. What is Yolland's hope for the future with Maire in Act 2, Scene 2? How does his dream differ from hers?
9. What is the ultimate conflict in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does Maire want to happen with Yolland in the future in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)