|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
(a) His chickens.
(b) A cow.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) A lamb.
2. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The bushes.
(b) The grass.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The trees.
3. What word does Maire ask Yolland for the meaning of in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(b) Druim Dubh.
(c) Tobair Vree.
5. Where have Hugh and Jimmy been in Act 3?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wake.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A christening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
2. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
3. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
4. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Listen to me. I want you too, ____."
5. Where does Manus say he is going in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maire want to happen with Yolland in the future in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What are Bridget and Doalty talking about when they enter in Act 3?
3. How do Maire and Yolland express that they have both had feelings for one another building up to Act 2, Scene 2?
4. In what ways are Maire and Yolland shy and awkward in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Maire's demeanor in Act 3 when she enters? What does she ask Owen?
6. What danger is involved in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is the ultimate conflict in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does Doalty imply in Act 3 regarding the Donnelly twins?
9. What is ironic about Maire's speaking English in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Describe the importance of language in Act 2, Scene 2.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)