|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Whose name does Sarah call out when she exits in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who does Manus suggest Owen get to fix the banister in Act 3?
(c) Big Ned Frank.
(d) Sean O'Connell.
4. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Listen to me. I want you too, ____."
5. In what language does Maire attempt to speak to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
2. What word does Maire ask Yolland for the meaning of in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Hugh tell Maire he will teach her in the end of the play?
4. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
5. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doalty imply in Act 3 regarding the Donnelly twins?
2. How do Maire and Yolland express that they have both had feelings for one another building up to Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Describe the setting of Act 2, Scene 2.
4. What danger is involved in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What fire takes place in Act 3? What happens with the characters because of this?
6. What reason would Sarah have for crying and feeling guilt in Act 3?
7. Describe how the theme of love is depicted in Act 2, Scene 2.
8. What is Yolland's hope for the future with Maire in Act 2, Scene 2? How does his dream differ from hers?
9. Compare the characters of Yolland and Manus as they relate to Maire as a love interest.
10. Describe the importance of language in Act 2, Scene 2.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)