|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A suit jacket.
(c) A rope.
(d) A paper bag.
2. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) The national school.
(b) The British Army.
(c) Inis Meadhon.
(d) Ca na Bhurn.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, Maire wonders whether her aunt taught her something which is what?
4. What else is the new head master at the new school skilled at in Act 3?
(c) Bacon curing.
5. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(c) Soda bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first townland which will be affected by the army's procedure in Act 3?
2. Who can't reply their name when questioned by Lancey in Act 3?
3. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Manus say he is going in Act 3?
5. What does Doalty tell Owen to translate for Lancey in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Act 2, Scene 2.
2. What is the significance of Sarah's entrance in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Doalty imply in Act 3 regarding the Donnelly twins?
4. What reason would Sarah have for crying and feeling guilt in Act 3?
5. What does Hugh say to Owen after he finds the names book in Act 3?
6. What fire takes place in Act 3? What happens with the characters because of this?
7. What is Maire's demeanor in Act 3 when she enters? What does she ask Owen?
8. When Hugh and Jimmy enter in Act 3, what information is revealed about both of their futures?
9. Why does Maire return to the hedge school in Act 3? What conversation does she have?
10. What are Bridget and Doalty talking about when they enter in Act 3?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)