|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jimmy ask to be his best man in Act 3?
2. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) A gun.
(c) A stone.
(d) A stick.
3. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(c) Soda bread.
4. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) The butter box.
(b) Under the dresser.
(c) On his nightstand.
(d) In the drawer.
5. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he sees her feeding what every day?
2. What does Hugh tell Maire he will teach her in the end of the play?
3. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
5. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Yolland's hope for the future with Maire in Act 2, Scene 2? How does his dream differ from hers?
2. What does Doalty imply in Act 3 regarding the Donnelly twins?
3. What are Bridget and Doalty talking about when they enter in Act 3?
4. What reason would Sarah have for crying and feeling guilt in Act 3?
5. What fire takes place in Act 3? What happens with the characters because of this?
6. In what ways are Maire and Yolland shy and awkward in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is ironic about Maire's speaking English in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does Manus tell Owen just before he leaves regarding their father? What does he say to Sarah?
9. When Hugh and Jimmy enter in Act 3, what information is revealed about both of their futures?
10. Describe the significance and repetition of the word "always" in Act 2, Scene 2.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)