|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
(a) A rope.
(b) The milk can.
(c) A satchel.
(d) A calf.
2. Whose boat does Doalty tell Owen he saw at port last night in Act 3?
(a) The O'Donnell boys'.
(c) The Donnelly's.
(d) Sean O'Casey's.
3. What was Hugh's wife's name?
4. To whom does Jimmy say he's getting married in Act 3?
5. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Bartley Timlin.
(b) Hugh O'Michaels.
(c) Randolph O'Casey.
(d) Michael Flannery.
6. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
7. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(c) Soda bread.
9. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
10. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he sees her feeding what every day?
(a) The sheep.
(b) Brown hens.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The cows.
11. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
12. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. Where does Yolland tell Maire his mother is from in Act 2, Scene 2?
14. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They are muscular.
(b) They are dark.
(c) They are stong and lean.
(d) They are long and thin.
15. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) Ca na Bhurn.
(b) Inis Meadhon.
(c) The national school.
(d) The British Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
2. Who can't reply their name when questioned by Lancey in Act 3?
3. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Doalty tell Owen to translate for Lancey in Act 3?
5. Where does Maire comment that Sarah got the dress she wore at the dance in Act 3?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)