|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They are dark.
(b) They are muscular.
(c) They are long and thin.
(d) They are stong and lean.
2. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that her English is what?
3. Yolland tells Maire that he spends his days either thinking of her or what in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Wishing to be with her.
(b) Looking at her house.
(c) Looking at the ocean.
(d) Looking at her fields.
4. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks Irish.
(b) Speaks Latin.
(c) Speaks German.
(d) Speaks loudly.
5. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
6. Who can't reply their name when questioned by Lancey in Act 3?
7. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) The British Army.
(b) Inis Meadhon.
(c) Ca na Bhurn.
(d) The national school.
8. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Loch na Iubhar.
(c) Lis na nGradh.
(d) Machaire Buidhe.
9. Where does Manus say he is going in Act 3?
(a) Ca na Burnh.
10. What was Hugh's wife's name?
11. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The grass.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The trees.
12. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
(a) She spoke English.
(b) They could leave together.
(c) She could understand him.
(d) She would marry him.
13. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
14. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(b) Bun na hAbhann.
(c) Maire hAbhann.
(d) Tra Bhan.
15. In Act 2, Scene 2, Maire wonders whether her aunt taught her something which is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hugh call the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
2. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
3. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
5. How much later is Act 3 than Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)