|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yolland say he is doing because of Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(d) One hundred.
3. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he sees her feeding what every day?
(a) Brown hens.
(b) The sheep.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The cows.
4. What does Hugh tell Maire he will teach her in the end of the play?
(a) Irish history.
5. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that her English is what?
6. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
7. Who can't reply their name when questioned by Lancey in Act 3?
8. What place does Yolland speak of first to Maire in attempting Irish in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(c) Dubh Carraig.
(d) Loch an Iubhair.
9. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
(a) She spoke English.
(b) She would marry him.
(c) She could understand him.
(d) They could leave together.
10. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
11. Where does Yolland tell Maire his mother is from in Act 2, Scene 2?
12. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
13. When is Jimmy getting married in Act 3?
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
14. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
15. In what language does Maire attempt to speak to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the leap across what nearly killed her?
2. What was Hugh's wife's name?
3. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
4. Who does Manus say never returned the dictionary in Act 3?
5. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)