|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Maire attempt to speak to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What place does Yolland speak of first to Maire in attempting Irish in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Dubh Carraig.
(c) Loch an Iubhair.
(d) Bun na hAbhann.
3. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(a) The Donnelly twins.
4. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(b) Tobair Vree.
(d) Druim Dubh.
5. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What does Maire stoop down and pick up to show Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) A rock.
(c) A twig.
(d) A leaf.
7. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks loudly.
(b) Speaks Latin.
(c) Speaks Irish.
(d) Speaks German.
8. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
(a) The crickets.
(b) His speech.
(c) His voice.
(d) The music.
9. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
10. Who does Jimmy ask to be his best man in Act 3?
11. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
(a) They were horses.
(b) They were crazy.
(c) They were in a war.
(d) They were being chased.
12. What does Yolland say he is doing because of Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. Who is playing music in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fiddler O'Conner.
(b) Fiddler O'Shea.
(c) Fiddler McManus.
(d) Fiddler Warren.
14. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
15. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A paper bag.
(b) A rope.
(c) A suit jacket.
(d) A suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
2. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Yolland say he never thinks of himself as in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Sarah enters and sees what in the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)