|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress did Sarah wear at the dance?
2. What word does Maire ask Yolland for the meaning of in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Doalty tell Owen to translate for Lancey in Act 3?
(a) That the camp is on fire.
(b) That the potato blight has arrived.
(c) That the church is on fire.
(d) That the soldiers are leaving.
4. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks Irish.
(b) Speaks German.
(c) Speaks Latin.
(d) Speaks loudly.
5. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
(a) Her house.
(b) The fields.
(c) His tent.
(d) The castle.
6. Yolland tells Maire that he spends his days either thinking of her or what in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Looking at the ocean.
(b) Looking at her fields.
(c) Looking at her house.
(d) Wishing to be with her.
7. In what language does Maire attempt to speak to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does Maire call Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lieutenant George.
(d) Lieutenant Yolland.
9. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
10. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A rope.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A suit jacket.
(d) A paper bag.
11. In Act 2, Scene 2, Maire wonders whether her aunt taught her something which is what?
12. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Randolph O'Casey.
(b) Michael Flannery.
(c) Hugh O'Michaels.
(d) Bartley Timlin.
13. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
(a) Saint Mary.
(b) Saint Murray.
(c) Saint Muranus.
(d) Saint Murren.
14. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(a) Tra Bhan.
(c) Bun na hAbhann.
(d) Maire hAbhann.
15. What is the music from the dance replaced with as Maire and Yolland enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Harp music.
(b) Crickets chirping.
(c) Guitar music.
(d) Piano music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hugh call the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
2. What was Hugh's wife's name?
3. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
4. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
5. What did the soldiers demolish while searching for Yolland in Act 3?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)