|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
2. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(a) Tra Bhan.
(c) Maire hAbhann.
(d) Bun na hAbhann.
3. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The bushes.
(b) The trees.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The grass.
5. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2, "Of course I know you're _____."
(b) With Manus.
(d) With Owen.
6. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Randolph O'Casey.
(b) Michael Flannery.
(c) Bartley Timlin.
(d) Hugh O'Michaels.
7. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
8. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
(a) The milk can.
(b) A satchel.
(c) A calf.
(d) A rope.
10. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
(a) The crickets.
(b) His voice.
(c) His speech.
(d) The music.
11. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
(a) Her house.
(b) The fields.
(c) The castle.
(d) His tent.
12. Where does Manus say he is going in Act 3?
(c) Ca na Burnh.
13. What else is the new head master at the new school skilled at in Act 3?
(d) Bacon curing.
14. Yolland tells Maire that he spends his days either thinking of her or what in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Looking at her fields.
(b) Looking at her house.
(c) Wishing to be with her.
(d) Looking at the ocean.
15. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(b) The Donnelly twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
2. What color dress did Sarah wear at the dance?
3. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
4. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
5. Who can't reply their name when questioned by Lancey in Act 3?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)