|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) The butter box.
(b) In the drawer.
(c) On his nightstand.
(d) Under the dresser.
2. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
(a) Saint Murren.
(b) Saint Mary.
(c) Saint Muranus.
(d) Saint Murray.
3. Who says that when his grandfather was a boy the British did the same thing in Act 3?
4. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) Ca na Bhurn.
(b) The British Army.
(c) Inis Meadhon.
(d) The national school.
5. What does Yolland call himself to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lieutenant Yolland.
6. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Where does Maire comment that she hopes there's no hay to be saved in Act 3?
8. What does Yolland say he is doing because of Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(b) One hundred.
10. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A paper bag.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A suit jacket.
(d) A rope.
11. What did Hugh call the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
12. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the leap across what nearly killed her?
(a) The train tracks.
(b) The ditch.
(c) The creek.
(d) The river.
13. What does Maire call Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Lieutenant Yolland.
(d) Lieutenant George.
14. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
(a) A cow.
(b) His chickens.
(c) A lamb.
(d) His suitcase.
15. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lis na nGradh.
(b) Loch na Iubhar.
(d) Machaire Buidhe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hugh's wife's name?
2. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
3. What place does Yolland speak of first to Maire in attempting Irish in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where have Hugh and Jimmy been in Act 3?
5. Whose name does Sarah call out when she exits in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)