|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Maire ask Yolland for the meaning of in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Hugh tell Maire he will teach her in the end of the play?
(d) Irish history.
3. Who does Maire say will wonder where she's got to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Her father.
4. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
5. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
(a) They were horses.
(b) They were in a war.
(c) They were crazy.
(d) They were being chased.
6. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
7. What is the first townland which will be affected by the army's procedure in Act 3?
(b) Baille Baeg.
(d) Cra na Wilheaim.
8. What else is the new head master at the new school skilled at in Act 3?
(d) Bacon curing.
9. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
(a) Virgil and Cicero.
(b) Virgil and Caesar.
(c) Homer and Cicero.
(d) Homer and Plato.
10. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Machaire Buidhe.
(b) Loch na Iubhar.
(d) Lis na nGradh.
11. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
12. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
13. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(c) The Donnelly twins.
14. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the skin on Yolland's shoulders is very what?
15. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the leap across what nearly killed her?
(a) The river.
(b) The creek.
(c) The ditch.
(d) The train tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancey say the army will do if Yolland is not found in 24 hours?
2. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
3. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
5. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)