|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
2. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A day.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Three days.
3. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
(a) Puts her hands out.
(b) Turns away.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Weeps silently.
4. To whom does Jimmy say he's getting married in Act 3?
5. What is the first townland which will be affected by the army's procedure in Act 3?
(b) Baille Baeg.
(d) Cra na Wilheaim.
6. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
7. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) A stone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stick.
8. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(b) Tra Bhan.
(c) Maire hAbhann.
9. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They are dark.
(b) They are stong and lean.
(c) They are muscular.
(d) They are long and thin.
10. Whose boat does Doalty tell Owen he saw at port last night in Act 3?
(a) Sean O'Casey's.
(c) The Donnelly's.
(d) The O'Donnell boys'.
11. What does Hugh tell Maire he will teach her in the end of the play?
(a) Irish history.
12. What word does Maire ask Yolland for the meaning of in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. What does Maire stoop down and pick up to show Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A twig.
(c) A rock.
(d) A leaf.
14. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
15. What is the name of the small village from which Yolland's mother is actually from?
(a) Little Seashire.
(b) Little Wellington.
(c) Little Norwolk.
(d) Little Walsingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
2. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
4. Where does Maire comment that she hopes there's no hay to be saved in Act 3?
5. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)