|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2, "Of course I know you're _____."
(a) With Owen.
(b) With Manus.
3. What is the music from the dance replaced with as Maire and Yolland enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Harp music.
(b) Guitar music.
(c) Piano music.
(d) Crickets chirping.
4. When is Jimmy getting married in Act 3?
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
5. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he sees her feeding what every day?
(a) Her dog.
(b) The sheep.
(c) Brown hens.
(d) The cows.
6. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
(a) Jimmy Jack.
(b) Barney Petey.
(c) Sean Casey.
7. What color dress did Sarah wear at the dance?
8. To whom does Jimmy say he's getting married in Act 3?
9. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
10. Yolland tells Maire that he spends his days either thinking of her or what in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Looking at her house.
(b) Wishing to be with her.
(c) Looking at her fields.
(d) Looking at the ocean.
11. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
12. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A rope.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A paper bag.
(d) A suit jacket.
13. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(a) Soda bread.
14. Whose name does Sarah call out when she exits in Act 2, Scene 2?
15. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolland say he's made up his mind to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
3. What is the first townland which will be affected by the army's procedure in Act 3?
4. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Manus suggest Owen get to fix the banister in Act 3?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)