|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Turns away.
(c) Weeps silently.
(d) Puts her hands out.
2. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he sees her feeding what every day?
(a) Brown hens.
(b) Her dog.
(c) The cows.
(d) The sheep.
4. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, Maire wonders whether her aunt taught her something which is what?
6. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) Under the dresser.
(b) The butter box.
(c) On his nightstand.
(d) In the drawer.
7. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lis na nGradh.
(c) Machaire Buidhe.
(d) Loch na Iubhar.
8. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Burn the crops.
(b) Level the church.
(c) Shoot the livestock.
(d) Level every house.
9. What does Maire call Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Lieutenant Yolland.
(d) Lieutenant George.
10. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
(a) Saint Murren.
(b) Saint Mary.
(c) Saint Muranus.
(d) Saint Murray.
11. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(b) Tra Bhan.
(d) Maire hAbhann.
12. When is Jimmy getting married in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
13. What is the name of the small village from which Yolland's mother is actually from?
(a) Little Seashire.
(b) Little Norwolk.
(c) Little Wellington.
(d) Little Walsingham.
14. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
15. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They are muscular.
(b) They are stong and lean.
(c) They are dark.
(d) They are long and thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maire comment that she hopes there's no hay to be saved in Act 3?
2. What does Maire stoop down and pick up to show Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
4. What color dress did Sarah wear at the dance?
5. Sarah enters and sees what in the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)