|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lancey say the army will do if Yolland is not found in 24 hours?
(a) Shoot the townspeople.
(b) Burn down the church.
(c) Burn down the village.
(d) Shoot all the livestock.
2. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were horses.
(c) They were being chased.
(d) They were in a war.
3. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks Irish.
(b) Speaks German.
(c) Speaks Latin.
(d) Speaks loudly.
4. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) A stick.
(c) A stone.
(d) A gun.
5. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) The butter box.
(b) On his nightstand.
(c) In the drawer.
(d) Under the dresser.
6. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) Ca na Bhurn.
(b) Inis Meadhon.
(c) The British Army.
(d) The national school.
7. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the leap across what nearly killed her?
(a) The train tracks.
(b) The river.
(c) The ditch.
(d) The creek.
8. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
9. What does Yolland say he is doing because of Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(b) The Donnelly twins.
11. Who is playing music in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fiddler O'Shea.
(b) Fiddler Warren.
(c) Fiddler McManus.
(d) Fiddler O'Conner.
12. What color dress did Sarah wear at the dance?
13. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A rope.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A paper bag.
(d) A suit jacket.
14. What does Yolland say he's made up his mind to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Sail to Bombay.
(d) Tell Manus.
15. Who says that when his grandfather was a boy the British did the same thing in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
2. Where does Maire comment that Sarah got the dress she wore at the dance in Act 3?
3. What was Hugh's wife's name?
4. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
5. What is the first townland which will be affected by the army's procedure in Act 3?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)