|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maire comment that she hopes there's no hay to be saved in Act 3?
2. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
(a) Her house.
(b) The fields.
(c) His tent.
(d) The castle.
3. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
(a) She spoke English.
(b) She would marry him.
(c) She could understand him.
(d) They could leave together.
4. What else is the new head master at the new school skilled at in Act 3?
(c) Bacon curing.
5. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
6. Who does Jimmy ask to be his best man in Act 3?
7. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
8. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Hugh O'Michaels.
(b) Bartley Timlin.
(c) Randolph O'Casey.
(d) Michael Flannery.
9. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks German.
(b) Speaks Irish.
(c) Speaks loudly.
(d) Speaks Latin.
10. What is the music from the dance replaced with as Maire and Yolland enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Guitar music.
(b) Crickets chirping.
(c) Harp music.
(d) Piano music.
11. What did Jimmy shout at the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
12. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
13. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that her English is what?
14. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) On his nightstand.
(b) Under the dresser.
(c) In the drawer.
(d) The butter box.
15. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
(a) His speech.
(b) The crickets.
(c) His voice.
(d) The music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
2. What did the soldiers demolish while searching for Yolland in Act 3?
3. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
4. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
5. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)