|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Maire attempt to speak to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(a) Maire hAbhann.
(b) Bun na hAbhann.
(d) Tra Bhan.
3. To whom does Jimmy say he's getting married in Act 3?
4. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
5. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Three days.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A day.
6. What was Hugh's wife's name?
7. Who says that when his grandfather was a boy the British did the same thing in Act 3?
8. Who can't reply their name when questioned by Lancey in Act 3?
9. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(b) Soda bread.
10. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
(a) The music.
(b) His speech.
(c) His voice.
(d) The crickets.
11. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
(a) A calf.
(b) The milk can.
(c) A rope.
(d) A satchel.
12. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
(a) Saint Muranus.
(b) Saint Murren.
(c) Saint Mary.
(d) Saint Murray.
13. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
14. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(b) A gun.
(c) A stone.
(d) A stick.
15. What does Yolland say he's made up his mind to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Sail to Bombay.
(d) Tell Manus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maire stoop down and pick up to show Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where does Manus say he is going in Act 3?
4. What does Yolland call himself to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)