|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Manus suggest Owen get to fix the banister in Act 3?
(b) Sean O'Connell.
(d) Big Ned Frank.
2. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2, "Of course I know you're _____."
(b) With Manus.
(d) With Owen.
3. Where does Sarah say she lives in Act 3?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(b) Baille Baeg.
(c) Cra na hMarhan.
(d) Druim Dubh.
4. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) The butter box.
(b) On his nightstand.
(c) Under the dresser.
(d) In the drawer.
5. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
(a) Sean Casey.
(b) Barney Petey.
(d) Jimmy Jack.
6. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
(a) A cow.
(b) A lamb.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) His chickens.
7. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Michael Flannery.
(b) Hugh O'Michaels.
(c) Bartley Timlin.
(d) Randolph O'Casey.
8. Whose name does Sarah call out when she exits in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Who does Jimmy ask to be his best man in Act 3?
10. Who does Manus say never returned the dictionary in Act 3?
(a) The Donnelly Twins.
(d) Nora Dan.
11. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The trees.
(d) The grass.
12. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
13. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(d) Soda bread.
14. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
15. What was Hugh's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
4. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
5. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)