|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Jimmy getting married in Act 3?
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
2. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Bun na hAbhann.
(c) Tobair Vree.
(d) Druim Dubh.
3. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks loudly.
(b) Speaks Irish.
(c) Speaks German.
(d) Speaks Latin.
4. What is the first townland which will be affected by the army's procedure in Act 3?
(c) Baille Baeg.
(d) Cra na Wilheaim.
5. What does Yolland call himself to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Lieutenant Yolland.
6. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
(a) The milk can.
(b) A satchel.
(c) A calf.
(d) A rope.
7. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Level the church.
(b) Burn the crops.
(c) Shoot the livestock.
(d) Level every house.
8. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Randolph O'Casey.
(b) Bartley Timlin.
(c) Hugh O'Michaels.
(d) Michael Flannery.
9. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Who does Jimmy ask to be his best man in Act 3?
11. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Listen to me. I want you too, ____."
12. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
(a) His tent.
(b) The castle.
(c) The fields.
(d) Her house.
13. Who does Manus say never returned the dictionary in Act 3?
(b) The Donnelly Twins.
(d) Nora Dan.
14. What did the soldiers demolish while searching for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) The church.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) A cornfield.
(d) A hayfield.
15. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What place does Yolland speak of first to Maire in attempting Irish in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What did Jimmy shout at the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
4. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)