|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah enters and sees what in the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Maire and Yolland kissing.
(b) Maire and Yolland laughing.
(c) Maire and Yolland talking.
(d) Maire and Yolland weeping.
2. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Hugh O'Michaels.
(b) Bartley Timlin.
(c) Michael Flannery.
(d) Randolph O'Casey.
4. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2, "Of course I know you're _____."
(a) With Manus.
(c) With Owen.
5. What does Yolland call himself to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Lieutenant Yolland.
6. What is the name of the small village from which Yolland's mother is actually from?
(a) Little Seashire.
(b) Little Walsingham.
(c) Little Norwolk.
(d) Little Wellington.
7. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
8. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Listen to me. I want you too, ____."
9. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(b) A gun.
(c) A stone.
(d) A stick.
10. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he sees her feeding what every day?
(a) Brown hens.
(b) Her dog.
(c) The cows.
(d) The sheep.
11. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
(a) His voice.
(b) The crickets.
(c) His speech.
(d) The music.
12. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
13. What does Maire stoop down and pick up to show Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A twig.
(c) A rock.
(d) A leaf.
14. How much later is Act 3 than Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The next month.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next year.
(d) The next evening.
15. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
(a) Weeps silently.
(b) Turns away.
(c) Puts her hands out.
(d) Kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where does Maire comment that Sarah got the dress she wore at the dance in Act 3?
3. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
4. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)