|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Hugh and Jimmy been in Act 3?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A christening.
(d) A wake.
2. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) A cow.
(c) A lamb.
(d) His chickens.
3. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, Maire wonders whether her aunt taught her something which is what?
5. What does Maire call Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lieutenant George.
(b) Lieutenant Yolland.
6. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(c) One hundred.
7. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(b) Soda bread.
8. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
(a) Jimmy Jack.
(c) Sean Casey.
(d) Barney Petey.
9. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lis na nGradh.
(b) Machaire Buidhe.
(d) Loch na Iubhar.
10. What does Maire stoop down and pick up to show Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rock.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A twig.
11. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(b) The Donnelly twins.
12. To whom does Jimmy say he's getting married in Act 3?
13. What did Hugh call the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
14. What was Hugh's wife's name?
15. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
2. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Lancey say the army will do if Yolland is not found in 24 hours?
4. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)