|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Fiddler O'Shea say he would be back in the town in Act 3?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
2. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that her English is what?
3. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Level every house.
(b) Shoot the livestock.
(c) Burn the crops.
(d) Level the church.
4. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
(a) The fields.
(b) Her house.
(c) The castle.
(d) His tent.
6. What did Hugh call the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
7. Who is playing music in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fiddler O'Conner.
(b) Fiddler O'Shea.
(c) Fiddler Warren.
(d) Fiddler McManus.
8. Yolland tells Maire that he spends his days either thinking of her or what in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Looking at her house.
(b) Looking at her fields.
(c) Wishing to be with her.
(d) Looking at the ocean.
9. Who does Manus say never returned the dictionary in Act 3?
(a) Nora Dan.
(d) The Donnelly Twins.
10. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) The butter box.
(b) On his nightstand.
(c) In the drawer.
(d) Under the dresser.
11. What does Yolland call himself to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lieutenant Yolland.
12. What is the name of the small village from which Yolland's mother is actually from?
(a) Little Wellington.
(b) Little Seashire.
(c) Little Norwolk.
(d) Little Walsingham.
13. What is the music from the dance replaced with as Maire and Yolland enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Piano music.
(b) Harp music.
(c) Crickets chirping.
(d) Guitar music.
14. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
(a) A rope.
(b) A satchel.
(c) A calf.
(d) The milk can.
15. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
(a) Saint Mary.
(b) Saint Murren.
(c) Saint Murray.
(d) Saint Muranus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the skin on Yolland's shoulders is very what?
2. What does Yolland say he never thinks of himself as in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
4. What does Lancey say the army will do if Yolland is not found in 24 hours?
5. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)