|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the skin on Yolland's shoulders is very what?
2. What is Maire carrying when she enters in Act 3?
(a) The milk can.
(b) A satchel.
(c) A rope.
(d) A calf.
3. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
(a) Jimmy Jack.
(c) Sean Casey.
(d) Barney Petey.
4. Maire says that Yolland's hands are what in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
6. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) A stick.
(b) A stone.
(c) A gun.
7. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(d) Soda bread.
8. Where does Yolland tell Maire his mother is from in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What did the soldiers demolish while searching for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) The church.
(b) A cornfield.
(c) A hayfield.
(d) The cemetery.
10. Who does Manus suggest Owen get to fix the banister in Act 3?
(c) Sean O'Connell.
(d) Big Ned Frank.
11. How much time passes between Act 2, Scene 1 and Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Three days.
(d) A day.
12. Who is playing music in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fiddler O'Conner.
(b) Fiddler McManus.
(c) Fiddler Warren.
(d) Fiddler O'Shea.
13. Whose boat does Doalty tell Owen he saw at port last night in Act 3?
(a) The O'Donnell boys'.
(c) The Donnelly's.
(d) Sean O'Casey's.
14. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Shoot the livestock.
(b) Level every house.
(c) Level the church.
(d) Burn the crops.
15. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yolland say he's made up his mind to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
3. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
4. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)