|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Michael Flannery.
(b) Hugh O'Michaels.
(c) Bartley Timlin.
(d) Randolph O'Casey.
2. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Listen to me. I want you too, ____."
3. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A paper bag.
(b) A suit jacket.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A rope.
4. What does Doalty tell Owen to translate for Lancey in Act 3?
(a) That the church is on fire.
(b) That the potato blight has arrived.
(c) That the camp is on fire.
(d) That the soldiers are leaving.
5. What is the music from the dance replaced with as Maire and Yolland enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Crickets chirping.
(b) Piano music.
(c) Harp music.
(d) Guitar music.
6. What color dress did Sarah wear at the dance?
7. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
(a) In the drawer.
(b) The butter box.
(c) On his nightstand.
(d) Under the dresser.
8. What does Yolland say he is doing because of Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Speaks Latin.
(b) Speaks Irish.
(c) Speaks loudly.
(d) Speaks German.
10. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Level the church.
(b) Shoot the livestock.
(c) Burn the crops.
(d) Level every house.
11. Who is playing music in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fiddler McManus.
(b) Fiddler Warren.
(c) Fiddler O'Shea.
(d) Fiddler O'Conner.
12. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) The British Army.
(b) Inis Meadhon.
(c) The national school.
(d) Ca na Bhurn.
13. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Druim Dubh.
(c) Bun na hAbhann.
(d) Tobair Vree.
14. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(b) One hundred.
15. What else is the new head master at the new school skilled at in Act 3?
(a) Bacon curing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maire comment that she hopes there's no hay to be saved in Act 3?
2. Maire tells Yolland she sees himself washing every day in front of what?
3. What does Owen say that The Murren is named after in Act 3?
4. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2, "Of course I know you're _____."
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)