|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manus carrying when he descends the stairs in Act 3?
(a) A suit jacket.
(b) A paper bag.
(c) A rope.
(d) A suitcase.
2. What is the name of the small village from which Yolland's mother is actually from?
(a) Little Norwolk.
(b) Little Wellington.
(c) Little Seashire.
(d) Little Walsingham.
3. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2, "Of course I know you're _____."
(b) With Owen.
(c) With Manus.
4. What place does Yolland speak of first to Maire in attempting Irish in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Loch an Iubhair.
(b) Bun na hAbhann.
(d) Dubh Carraig.
5. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
(a) Virgil and Caesar.
(b) Homer and Cicero.
(c) Virgil and Cicero.
(d) Homer and Plato.
6. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Burn the crops.
(b) Shoot the livestock.
(c) Level every house.
(d) Level the church.
7. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Machaire Buidhe.
(c) Lis na nGradh.
(d) Loch na Iubhar.
8. Who has been appointed head master at the new school in Act 3?
(a) Randolph O'Casey.
(b) Bartley Timlin.
(c) Michael Flannery.
(d) Hugh O'Michaels.
9. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
10. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
11. In Act 3, what does Manus suggest Owen bake for his father?
(c) Soda bread.
12. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The bushes.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The trees.
(d) The grass.
13. What did the soldiers demolish while searching for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) The church.
(b) A cornfield.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) A hayfield.
14. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(b) One hundred.
15. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the new head master in the new school in Act 3?
2. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
3. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
4. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
5. What does Yolland say he's made up his mind to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)