|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name of a place does Maire correct Yolland in saying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Loch na Iubhar.
(b) Machaire Buidhe.
(d) Lis na nGradh.
2. What word does Maire say initially in English when speaking to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
(a) A lamb.
(b) His chickens.
(c) A cow.
(d) His suitcase.
4. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They are dark.
(b) They are muscular.
(c) They are stong and lean.
(d) They are long and thin.
5. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(d) The Donnelly twins.
6. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
7. Who does Manus suggest Owen get to fix the banister in Act 3?
(a) Big Ned Frank.
(c) Sean O'Connell.
8. What does Manus say he had in his hand when he went looking for Yolland in Act 3?
(a) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stone.
9. How much later is Act 3 than Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The next week.
(b) The next month.
(c) The next year.
(d) The next evening.
10. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
(a) Ca na Bhurn.
(b) The British Army.
(c) Inis Meadhon.
(d) The national school.
11. Manus tells Owen to let his father know that he's taking which books?
(a) Virgil and Cicero.
(b) Homer and Cicero.
(c) Virgil and Caesar.
(d) Homer and Plato.
12. When is Jimmy getting married in Act 3?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
13. Whose name does Sarah call out when she exits in Act 2, Scene 2?
14. Where does Manus say he is going in Act 3?
(c) Ca na Burnh.
15. How many more soldiers arrived an hour ago, according to Doalty in Act 3?
(a) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
2. What does Yolland do to try to make himself be understood by Maire in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Whose boat does Doalty tell Owen he saw at port last night in Act 3?
4. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
5. Who is playing music in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)