|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going mad from the heat in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The cattle.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The shepherds.
2. Where does Owen say that where the priest lives, Lis na Muc, has been translated to in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Green Hill.
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) Cliff of Liston.
3. Which character does Hugh say is not coming back to classes because she can now write her name?
(a) Susan O'Ross.
(b) Seania Beag.
(c) Sarah O'Neill.
(d) Nora Dan.
4. How many younger siblings does Maire have?
5. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
(a) Poll na gCaorach.
(b) Cnoc na nGabhar.
(c) Carraig an Phoill.
(d) Loch an Iubhar.
6. Of what female does Jimmy speak to Manus from his reading in Act 1?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
7. Where did Yolland's father get him a job?
(a) The Army.
(b) The British Crown.
(c) The English roadworkers.
(d) East India Company.
8. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) A hundred.
9. Whose baby was christened in the morning of Act 1?
(a) Nellie O'Keefe's.
(b) Nellie Ruadh's.
(c) Sarah O'Conner's.
(d) Millie Reardon's.
10. Who does Yolland mention talking about Apollo with Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
11. What language will the new national schools teach?
(a) English and Irish.
12. Who does Owen say are the best fishermen out there?
(a) The Donnelly twins.
(b) The O'Flaherty's.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The O'Conners.
13. What did Doalty do for Yolland in the morning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Got him water.
(b) Cut the grass.
(c) Washed his floor.
(d) Brought him milk.
14. In what languages is Jimmy fluent (in addition to Irish)?
(a) Spanish and Russian.
(b) Latin and Greek.
(c) German and Latin.
(d) Greek and Spanish.
15. What is Doalty carrying when he enters in Act 1?
(a) A baby lamb.
(b) A surveyer pole.
(d) A milk pail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
3. What poet does Yolland say he lived three miles from in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How old is Jimmy?
5. When does Maire say her passage money for America came?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)