|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Justice of the Peace?
(a) Hugh O'Connell.
(b) George Alexander.
(c) Michael Connelly.
(d) George McAnderson.
2. What does Yolland's father do for a living?
(a) Builds roads.
(b) Builds houses.
(c) Works for the military.
(d) Is an architect.
3. At what pub does Sarah tell Manus that Hugh is in Act 1?
(b) Con Connie Tim's.
(c) Anna na mBreag's.
4. How old is Jimmy?
(a) His forties.
(b) His sixties.
(c) His thirties.
(d) His fifties.
5. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
6. What is going mad from the heat in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The cattle.
(d) The shepherds.
7. In what year does Translations take place?
8. In Act 1, Jimmy ask Manus who he would choose between whose three daughters?
9. What does Owen call his father in Act 2, Scene 1 when speaking to Yolland after his father leaves?
10. Who does Yolland say reminds him of his father?
11. What does Yolland say the private core of Ireland would always be to him, even if he lived there?
12. What poet does Yolland say he lived three miles from in Act 2, Scene 1?
13. What language does Maire say she knows better than English?
14. Yolland asks Owen how long Manus has been what in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. Jimmy reads, "Ulysses went forth through the harbour and through the woodland to the place where Athene had shown him he could find the good" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
2. Yolland states in Act 2, Scene 1 that "Your Irish air has made me" what?
3. Yolland tells Manus that the soldiers got a crate of what from Dublin in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Maire's last name?
5. Owen tells Yolland that his father always speaks of "an expedito" with how many points in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)