|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
2. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the one word that Jimmy knows in English?
4. Who is Hugh's younger son?
5. Yolland tells Manus that the soldiers got a crate of what from Dublin in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Who does Manus say isn't coming to class in Act 1?
(b) Sean Beag.
7. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) A hundred.
8. What language does Hugh speak in as he descends the stairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What is the foreboding sweet smell an indication of in Act 1?
(a) Potato famine.
(b) Fire in the woods.
(c) The coming troops.
(d) War signals.
10. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
12. Hugh notes that Owen should address himself to what regarding the poteen in Act 2, Scene 1?
13. In what town does Translations take place?
(a) Bun na hAbhann.
(b) Beale Beag.
(c) Cnoc na nGahar.
14. According to Doalty, there are two men up the road looking for whom in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. What is Maire's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Owen states that every Dubh in Irish has been translated to what in English?
2. What name does Yolland mistakenly call Owen for much of the play?
3. What did Manus' father attend that afternoon in Act 1?
4. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
5. Where is the hedge-school held?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)