|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what languages is Jimmy fluent (in addition to Irish)?
(a) Latin and Greek.
(b) Spanish and Russian.
(c) Greek and Spanish.
(d) German and Latin.
2. What is the name of the group who are conducting the land surveys?
(a) The Royal Land Surveyers.
(b) The Royal Military.
(c) The Royal Engineers.
(d) The Engineers of the Crown.
3. What is Jimmy's nickname?
(a) Old Man.
(c) Child Genius.
(d) Infant Prodigy.
4. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
(a) Loch an Iubhar.
(b) Cnoc na nGabhar.
(c) Carraig an Phoill.
(d) Poll na gCaorach.
5. Where were the two men from who spoke to Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Druim Dubh.
(b) Ca na hMair.
(c) Inis Meadhon.
(d) Dubh Michol.
6. Yolland asks Owen how long Manus has been what in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Of what female does Jimmy speak to Manus from his reading in Act 1?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
8. Who is Jimmy reading in Act 1?
9. Until what age are you required to stay in school at the new national schools?
10. Who does Owen say are the best fishermen out there?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Donnelly twins.
(c) The O'Conners.
(d) The O'Flaherty's.
11. In what Irish County does the play take place?
12. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
(a) Dan O'Connell.
(b) Michael Connelly.
(c) Stephen O'Flaherty.
(d) Sean O'Williams.
13. What language does Maire say she knows better than English?
14. According to Doalty, there are two men up the road looking for whom in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. Where is the hedge-school held?
(a) A barn.
(b) A church.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Yolland say the sappers are pulling out of the town in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Owen tells Yolland that his father always speaks of "an expedito" with how many points in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
4. Who does Yolland say reminds him of his father?
5. What does Manus offer Maire when she asks for water in Act 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)