|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going mad from the heat in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The shepherds.
(c) The cattle.
(d) The sheep.
2. Who is Hugh's younger son?
3. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
4. When does Yolland say the sappers are pulling out of the town in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Next month.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next year.
5. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
6. Poteen is a type of what?
7. Owen tells Yolland that his father always speaks of "an expedito" with how many points in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. In Act 1, Jimmy ask Manus who he would choose between whose three daughters?
9. Whose baby was christened in the morning of Act 1?
(a) Nellie O'Keefe's.
(b) Nellie Ruadh's.
(c) Millie Reardon's.
(d) Sarah O'Conner's.
10. In what Irish County does the play take place?
11. What is Lieutenant Yolland's first name?
12. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
(a) Cnoc na nGabhar.
(b) Machaire Buidhe.
(c) Carraig an Phoill.
13. Who does Jimmy compare to a goddess in Act 1?
14. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
15. What does Maire's last name mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Maire say she knows better than English?
2. What does Owen say is the Irish word for "bottom" in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Who does Yolland say reminds him of his father?
5. In what year does Translations take place?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)