|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Yolland say he lived three miles from in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who has Hugh spoken to in the morning in Act 1?
(a) Captain Marshall.
(b) Lieutenant Yolland.
(d) Captain Lancey.
3. What is the salary Manus is offered at the new hedge school in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 50 pounds a year.
(b) 30 pounds a year.
(c) 42 pounds a year.
(d) 25 pounds a year.
4. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
(b) Carraig an Phoill.
(c) Cnoc na nGabhar.
(d) Machaire Buidhe.
5. Yolland states in Act 2, Scene 1 that "Your Irish air has made me" what?
6. According to Doalty, there are two men up the road looking for whom in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What is the Irish word for "river" as stated in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What is Maire's last name?
9. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
10. What is the Irish word for "black"?
11. Hugh states that the parish priest in a worthy man but barely what in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Of age.
12. Who is Jimmy reading in Act 1?
13. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
(a) Michael Connelly.
(b) Stephen O'Flaherty.
(c) Dan O'Connell.
(d) Sean O'Williams.
14. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
15. Owen tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1, "You can learn to _____ us."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the living-quarters of the headmaster and his son?
2. Who does Manus say isn't coming to class in Act 1?
3. Who does Jimmy compare to a goddess in Act 1?
4. In what town does Translations take place?
5. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)