|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Irish word for "black"?
2. What does Owen say is the Irish word for "bottom" in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who does Jimmy compare to a goddess in Act 1?
4. What does Yolland say that his father believes is just about to happen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Revolution.
(c) The Apocalypse.
(d) Irish-English War.
5. What does Yolland's father do for a living?
(a) Builds roads.
(b) Builds houses.
(c) Works for the military.
(d) Is an architect.
6. What poet does Yolland say he lived three miles from in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Who does Yolland mention talking about Apollo with Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How much money does Hugh ask Owen to borrow in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Half a crown.
(c) One crown.
(d) Three pence.
9. What is Lieutenant Yolland's first name?
10. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The map.
(b) The wine.
(c) The book.
(d) The bottle.
11. In what Irish County does the play take place?
12. When does Maire say her passage money for America came?
(b) Last Friday.
13. In what languages is Jimmy fluent (in addition to Irish)?
(a) Spanish and Russian.
(b) Greek and Spanish.
(c) German and Latin.
(d) Latin and Greek.
14. Who is Hugh's younger son?
15. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Doalty do for Yolland in the morning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
3. What language does Hugh speak in as he descends the stairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
5. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)