|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doalty, there are two men up the road looking for whom in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Yolland say the private core of Ireland would always be to him, even if he lived there?
3. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who had asked Manus to write to her sister in Act 1?
(a) Biddy Hanna.
(b) Biddy O'Shea.
(c) Mama Donnelly.
(d) Ginny O'Flaherty.
5. What does Hugh tell Owen and Yolland that Anna na mBreag means in English?
(a) Anna with curly hair.
(b) Anna of the Village.
(c) Anna of the Crown.
(d) Anna of the Lies.
6. Whose baby was christened in the morning of Act 1?
(a) Nellie O'Keefe's.
(b) Millie Reardon's.
(c) Nellie Ruadh's.
(d) Sarah O'Conner's.
7. In what language does Hugh write poetry?
8. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
9. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A few months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) A few days.
10. What is the Irish word for "black"?
11. Where are the living-quarters of the headmaster and his son?
(b) Next door.
(c) Across the street.
12. What does Manus offer Maire when she asks for water in Act 1?
13. What is Jimmy's full name?
(a) Jimmy Jack Cork.
(b) Jimmy Jack O'Flaherty.
(c) Jimmy Jack Cassie.
(d) Jimmy Jack O'Neill.
14. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
(a) Poll na gCaorach.
(b) Loch an Iubhar.
(c) Cnoc na nGabhar.
(d) Carraig an Phoill.
15. Of what female does Jimmy speak to Manus from his reading in Act 1?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owen call his father in Act 2, Scene 1 when speaking to Yolland after his father leaves?
2. Where does Yolland say he would be if he'd not joined the army in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Where is the hedge-school held?
4. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
5. What is the name of the group who are conducting the land surveys?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)