|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
2. What does Sarah give to Manus in Act 1?
(a) An apple.
3. What does Owen call his father in Act 2, Scene 1 when speaking to Yolland after his father leaves?
4. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
5. Owen tells Yolland that his father always speaks of "an expedito" with how many points in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does Yolland's father do for a living?
(a) Works for the military.
(b) Builds houses.
(c) Is an architect.
(d) Builds roads.
7. What is Lieutenant Yolland's first name?
8. Owen tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1, "You can learn to _____ us."
9. Hugh notes that Owen should address himself to what regarding the poteen in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What did Doalty do for Yolland in the morning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Cut the grass.
(b) Washed his floor.
(c) Got him water.
(d) Brought him milk.
11. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
12. In what language does Hugh write poetry?
13. What does Maire's last name mean?
14. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
15. Who translates for Captain Lancey when he comes to the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jimmy reading in Act 1?
2. Who has Hugh spoken to in the morning in Act 1?
3. What language does Maire say she knows better than English?
4. Who is Hugh's younger son?
5. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)