|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town does Translations take place?
(b) Cnoc na nGahar.
(c) Bun na hAbhann.
(d) Beale Beag.
2. When does Maire say her passage money for America came?
(a) Last Friday.
3. What does Hugh tell Owen and Yolland that Anna na mBreag means in English?
(a) Anna of the Village.
(b) Anna of the Crown.
(c) Anna of the Lies.
(d) Anna with curly hair.
4. What does Manus offer Maire when she asks for water in Act 1?
5. What is Doalty carrying when he enters in Act 1?
(a) A surveyer pole.
(b) A milk pail.
(d) A baby lamb.
6. What language does Hugh speak in as he descends the stairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Until what age are you required to stay in school at the new national schools?
8. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The book.
(b) The map.
(c) The wine.
(d) The bottle.
9. Which character does Hugh say is not coming back to classes because she can now write her name?
(a) Nora Dan.
(b) Seania Beag.
(c) Susan O'Ross.
(d) Sarah O'Neill.
10. Yolland tells Manus that the soldiers got a crate of what from Dublin in Act 2, Scene 1?
11. In Act 1, Jimmy ask Manus who he would choose between whose three daughters?
12. Hugh states that the parish priest in a worthy man but barely what in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Of age.
13. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A few days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) A few months.
14. According to Doalty, there are two men up the road looking for whom in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. Jimmy reads, "Ulysses went forth through the harbour and through the woodland to the place where Athene had shown him he could find the good" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Irish County does the play take place?
2. What is the Irish word for "beach"?
3. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Poteen is a type of what?
5. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)