|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
2. What does Maire's last name mean?
3. Manus asks if who is no longer coming to classes in Act 1?
(c) The Donnelly twins.
4. Who translates for Captain Lancey when he comes to the school?
5. Where does Owen say that where the priest lives, Lis na Muc, has been translated to in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Green Hill.
(b) Cliff of Liston.
(d) Bowling Green.
6. When does Maire say her passage money for America came?
(a) Last Friday.
7. Who comes running in looking for Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What is the foreboding sweet smell an indication of in Act 1?
(a) Potato famine.
(b) War signals.
(c) The coming troops.
(d) Fire in the woods.
9. Where is the hedge-school held?
(a) A courthouse.
(b) A barn.
(c) A church.
(d) A schoolhouse.
10. Owen says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1 that Manus doesn't have enough money to do what?
(d) Buy a house.
11. What kind of hair is Maire described as having?
12. What does Yolland say that his father believes is just about to happen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Irish-English War.
(b) The Apocalypse.
(d) The Revolution.
13. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
14. What language does Hugh speak in as he descends the stairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. What does Sarah give to Manus in Act 1?
(a) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose baby was christened in the morning of Act 1?
2. What does Owen call his father in Act 2, Scene 1 when speaking to Yolland after his father leaves?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
4. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
5. At what pub does Sarah tell Manus that Hugh is in Act 1?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)