|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) A hundred.
2. What language will the new national schools teach?
(b) English and Irish.
3. What does the word "verecund" mean?
4. Owen tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1, "You can learn to _____ us."
5. What kind of hair is Maire described as having?
6. Of what female does Jimmy speak to Manus from his reading in Act 1?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
7. In what town does Translations take place?
(a) Cnoc na nGahar.
(b) Bun na hAbhann.
(c) Beale Beag.
8. Where are the living-quarters of the headmaster and his son?
(a) Across the street.
(c) Next door.
9. What does Doalty say that Jimmy knows the first book of by heart in Act 1?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Bible.
(d) Plato's Cave.
10. Who does Yolland say reminds him of his father?
11. What did Doalty do for Yolland in the morning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Brought him milk.
(b) Got him water.
(c) Cut the grass.
(d) Washed his floor.
12. At what pub does Sarah tell Manus that Hugh is in Act 1?
(a) Anna na mBreag's.
(d) Con Connie Tim's.
13. Yolland asks Owen how long Manus has been what in Act 2, Scene 1?
14. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
15. Where does Owen say that where the priest lives, Lis na Muc, has been translated to in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Green Hill.
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) Cliff of Liston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
2. What does Owen say is the Irish word for "bottom" in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the Irish word for "black"?
4. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
5. What does Maire's last name mean?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)