|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger siblings does Maire have?
2. What name does Yolland mistakenly call Owen for much of the play?
3. What poet does Yolland say he lived three miles from in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who comes running in looking for Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. According to Doalty, there are two men up the road looking for whom in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Where is the hedge-school held?
(a) A church.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) A courthouse.
(d) A barn.
7. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
(a) Sean O'Williams.
(b) Dan O'Connell.
(c) Michael Connelly.
(d) Stephen O'Flaherty.
9. What does Owen say is the Irish word for "bottom" in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does Manus offer Maire when she asks for water in Act 1?
11. What does Hugh tell Owen and Yolland that Anna na mBreag means in English?
(a) Anna with curly hair.
(b) Anna of the Crown.
(c) Anna of the Village.
(d) Anna of the Lies.
12. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
13. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
(a) Machaire Buidhe.
(c) Cnoc na nGabhar.
(d) Carraig an Phoill.
14. At what pub does Sarah tell Manus that Hugh is in Act 1?
(b) Con Connie Tim's.
(c) Anna na mBreag's.
15. Sarah's community considers her to be which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh states that the parish priest in a worthy man but barely what in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How much money does Hugh ask Owen to borrow in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In what Irish County does the play take place?
4. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the one word that Jimmy knows in English?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)