|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmy's nickname?
(a) Old Man.
(c) Child Genius.
(d) Infant Prodigy.
2. What does Yolland's father do for a living?
(a) Builds roads.
(b) Is an architect.
(c) Builds houses.
(d) Works for the military.
3. Jimmy reads, "Ulysses went forth through the harbour and through the woodland to the place where Athene had shown him he could find the good" what?
4. What is Maire's last name?
5. Who does Manus say isn't coming to class in Act 1?
(a) Sean Beag.
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
7. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The wine.
(b) The map.
(c) The book.
(d) The bottle.
8. What does Manus offer Maire when she asks for water in Act 1?
9. Where is the hedge-school held?
(a) A church.
(b) A barn.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A courthouse.
10. Who is Jimmy reading in Act 1?
11. What language does Maire say she knows better than English?
12. What does the word "verecund" mean?
13. What does Maire's last name mean?
14. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
(a) Stephen O'Flaherty.
(b) Michael Connelly.
(c) Sean O'Williams.
(d) Dan O'Connell.
15. When does Yolland say the sappers are pulling out of the town in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Next year.
(c) Next week.
(d) Next month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yolland states in Act 2, Scene 1 that "Your Irish air has made me" what?
2. Yolland asks Owen how long Manus has been what in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who does Yolland say reminds him of his father?
4. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. At what pub does Sarah tell Manus that Hugh is in Act 1?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)