Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yolland say reminds him of his father?
2. What is the salary Manus is offered at the new hedge school in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 30 pounds a year.
(b) 42 pounds a year.
(c) 25 pounds a year.
(d) 50 pounds a year.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
4. What is going mad from the heat in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The shepherds.
(b) The cattle.
(c) The chickens.
(d) The sheep.
5. Owen says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1 that Manus doesn't have enough money to do what?
(c) Buy a house.
6. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A few days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) Two years.
7. Who is Jimmy reading in Act 1?
8. Manus asks if who is no longer coming to classes in Act 1?
(b) The Donnelly twins.
9. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
10. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
11. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The map.
(b) The wine.
(c) The book.
(d) The bottle.
12. What is the Irish word for "black"?
13. What does Manus offer Maire when she asks for water in Act 1?
14. What language will the new national schools teach?
(a) English and Irish.
15. Yolland states in Act 2, Scene 1 that "Your Irish air has made me" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yolland say he would be if he'd not joined the army in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Hugh tell Owen and Yolland that Anna na mBreag means in English?
3. Who does Yolland mention talking about Apollo with Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When does Yolland say the sappers are pulling out of the town in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)