|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Translations take place?
2. Who does Jimmy compare to a goddess in Act 1?
3. How many younger siblings does Maire have?
4. Which character does Hugh say is not coming back to classes because she can now write her name?
(a) Sarah O'Neill.
(b) Seania Beag.
(c) Nora Dan.
(d) Susan O'Ross.
5. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
6. Who does Yolland mention talking about Apollo with Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
8. When does Yolland say the sappers are pulling out of the town in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Next week.
(c) Next month.
(d) Next year.
9. Who had asked Manus to write to her sister in Act 1?
(a) Biddy Hanna.
(b) Mama Donnelly.
(c) Biddy O'Shea.
(d) Ginny O'Flaherty.
10. What does Hugh tell Owen and Yolland that Anna na mBreag means in English?
(a) Anna of the Lies.
(b) Anna of the Village.
(c) Anna with curly hair.
(d) Anna of the Crown.
11. Who translates for Captain Lancey when he comes to the school?
12. Yolland asks Owen how long Manus has been what in Act 2, Scene 1?
13. What did Doalty do for Yolland in the morning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Brought him milk.
(b) Cut the grass.
(c) Got him water.
(d) Washed his floor.
14. Who does Manus say isn't coming to class in Act 1?
(a) Sean Beag.
15. What is the Irish word for "beach"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Jimmy ask Manus who he would choose between whose three daughters?
2. Owen tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1, "You can learn to _____ us."
3. What is the Irish word for "river" as stated in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is going mad from the heat in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Maire's last name mean?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)