|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yolland say he would be if he'd not joined the army in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Where were the two men from who spoke to Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Ca na hMair.
(b) Dubh Michol.
(c) Inis Meadhon.
(d) Druim Dubh.
3. What does Hugh tell Owen and Yolland that Anna na mBreag means in English?
(a) Anna of the Village.
(b) Anna of the Crown.
(c) Anna of the Lies.
(d) Anna with curly hair.
4. What is Lieutenant Yolland's first name?
5. Which character does Hugh say is not coming back to classes because she can now write her name?
(a) Seania Beag.
(b) Sarah O'Neill.
(c) Susan O'Ross.
(d) Nora Dan.
6. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
8. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
9. In what languages is Jimmy fluent (in addition to Irish)?
(a) Greek and Spanish.
(b) German and Latin.
(c) Latin and Greek.
(d) Spanish and Russian.
10. What did Manus' father attend that afternoon in Act 1?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A christening.
(d) A wake.
11. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hundred.
12. Jimmy reads, "Ulysses went forth through the harbour and through the woodland to the place where Athene had shown him he could find the good" what?
13. Where does Owen say that where the priest lives, Lis na Muc, has been translated to in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Bowling Green.
(b) Cliff of Liston.
(c) Green Hill.
14. When does Maire say her passage money for America came?
(c) Last Friday.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translates for Captain Lancey when he comes to the school?
2. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
3. In Act 1, Jimmy ask Manus who he would choose between whose three daughters?
4. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
5. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)