|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Maire say her passage money for America came?
(d) Last Friday.
2. What kind of hair is Maire described as having?
3. Yolland claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that his father was born the very day that what fell?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The American forces.
4. How many younger siblings does Maire have?
5. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
6. Who does Manus say isn't coming to class in Act 1?
(b) Sean Beag.
7. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) A hundred.
8. What is Maire's last name?
9. In what languages is Jimmy fluent (in addition to Irish)?
(a) Spanish and Russian.
(b) Latin and Greek.
(c) Greek and Spanish.
(d) German and Latin.
10. Where is the hedge-school held?
(a) A church.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) A courthouse.
(d) A barn.
11. What is Lieutenant Yolland's first name?
12. Where does Owen say that where the priest lives, Lis na Muc, has been translated to in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Green Hill.
(b) Cliff of Liston.
(d) Bowling Green.
13. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
14. Where are the living-quarters of the headmaster and his son?
(a) Next door.
(d) Across the street.
15. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doalty say that Jimmy knows the first book of by heart in Act 1?
2. Owen says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1 that Manus doesn't have enough money to do what?
3. What is Jimmy's nickname?
4. Who does Owen say are the best fishermen out there?
5. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)