|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jimmy reading in Act 1?
2. Whose baby was christened in the morning of Act 1?
(a) Nellie O'Keefe's.
(b) Sarah O'Conner's.
(c) Millie Reardon's.
(d) Nellie Ruadh's.
3. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) A hundred.
4. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The bottle.
(b) The map.
(c) The book.
(d) The wine.
5. In what language does Hugh write poetry?
6. How many younger siblings does Maire have?
7. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
(a) Stephen O'Flaherty.
(b) Dan O'Connell.
(c) Sean O'Williams.
(d) Michael Connelly.
8. Yolland claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that his father was born the very day that what fell?
(b) The British Empire.
(c) The American forces.
9. Who does Manus say isn't coming to class in Act 1?
(b) Sean Beag.
10. What is the one word that Jimmy knows in English?
11. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
12. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
13. How much money does Hugh ask Owen to borrow in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Three pence.
(b) Half a crown.
(d) One crown.
14. Who does Jimmy compare to a goddess in Act 1?
15. Who does Owen say are the best fishermen out there?
(a) The O'Flaherty's.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Donnelly twins.
(d) The O'Conners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugh states that the parish priest in a worthy man but barely what in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What did Manus' father attend that afternoon in Act 1?
4. Where are the living-quarters of the headmaster and his son?
5. What language does Hugh speak in as he descends the stairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)