|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what languages is Jimmy fluent (in addition to Irish)?
(a) Latin and Greek.
(b) Spanish and Russian.
(c) German and Latin.
(d) Greek and Spanish.
2. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
(a) She could understand him.
(b) She would marry him.
(c) She spoke English.
(d) They could leave together.
3. Who does Jimmy compare to a goddess in Act 1?
4. What is the foreboding sweet smell an indication of in Act 1?
(a) Potato famine.
(b) The coming troops.
(c) War signals.
(d) Fire in the woods.
5. What is the location of the dance in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tobair Vree.
(c) Druim Dubh.
(d) Bun na hAbhann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manus tell Owen his father's clean socks are in Act 3?
2. Jimmy reads, "Ulysses went forth through the harbour and through the woodland to the place where Athene had shown him he could find the good" what?
3. Who is teaching Sarah to speak at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Yolland states in Act 2, Scene 1 that "Your Irish air has made me" what?
5. How many younger siblings does Maire have?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)