|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maire's last name mean?
2. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Yolland says to Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that they must have looked like what?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were horses.
(c) They were being chased.
(d) They were in a war.
4. What does Yolland say the private core of Ireland would always be to him, even if he lived there?
5. In what year does Translations take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jimmy shout at the soldiers outside the pub in Act 3?
2. Maire's aunt who taught her the one line of English she knows?
3. What poet does Yolland say he lived three miles from in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Owen states that every Dubh in Irish has been translated to what in English?
5. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)