|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scene Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
(a) Machaire Buidhe.
(b) Carraig an Phoill.
(d) Cnoc na nGabhar.
2. What does Maire say must be wet in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The trees.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The bushes.
(d) The grass.
3. What place does Yolland speak of first to Maire in attempting Irish in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Loch an Iubhair.
(c) Dubh Carraig.
(d) Bun na hAbhann.
4. What is the salary Manus is offered at the new hedge school in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 42 pounds a year.
(b) 50 pounds a year.
(c) 25 pounds a year.
(d) 30 pounds a year.
5. Of what female does Jimmy speak to Manus from his reading in Act 1?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Irish word for "river" as stated in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Maire do in Act 2, Scene 2 when she says "Lag"?
3. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
4. Who does Yolland mention talking about Apollo with Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Yolland tells Maire in Act 2, Scene 2 that he wishes to God what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)