|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scene Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maire says in Act 2, Scene 2 that the leap across what nearly killed her?
(a) The creek.
(b) The train tracks.
(c) The ditch.
(d) The river.
2. What is the Irish word for "river" as stated in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Hugh notes that Owen should address himself to what regarding the poteen in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where does Yolland tell Maire his mother is from in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What name does Yolland mistakenly call Owen for much of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
2. What does the word "verecund" mean?
3. In what language is Jimmy reading at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Manus asks if who is no longer coming to classes in Act 1?
5. Maire says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2, "Tu es centurio in - in - in _____ Britannico."
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)