|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scene One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Owen say that where the priest lives, Lis na Muc, has been translated to in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Bowling Green.
(b) Green Hill.
(c) Cliff of Liston.
2. What does Sarah give to Manus in Act 1?
(c) An apple.
3. What is Doalty carrying when he enters in Act 1?
(b) A surveyer pole.
(c) A milk pail.
(d) A baby lamb.
4. Where were the two men from who spoke to Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Ca na hMair.
(b) Druim Dubh.
(c) Inis Meadhon.
(d) Dubh Michol.
5. Where is the hedge-school held?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A church.
(c) A barn.
(d) A courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
2. What language does Maire say she knows better than English?
3. Who was found drowned in the well at Tobair Vree?
4. What language will the new national schools teach?
5. Who is the Kerry politician that Maire talks about in Act 1?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)