|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scene Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maire speaks in English in Act 2, Scene 2, saying, "In Norfolk we besport ourselves around the ____."
2. What is the salary Manus is offered at the new hedge school in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 30 pounds a year.
(b) 25 pounds a year.
(c) 50 pounds a year.
(d) 42 pounds a year.
3. Where did Yolland's father get him a job?
(a) East India Company.
(b) The English roadworkers.
(c) The British Crown.
(d) The Army.
4. Maire tells Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2 she loves the sound of what?
(a) His speech.
(b) The music.
(c) His voice.
(d) The crickets.
5. Where were two of the soldiers' horses were found at the bottom of the cliffs?
(b) Carraig an Phoill.
(c) Machaire Buidhe.
(d) Cnoc na nGabhar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Hugh ask Owen to borrow in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Jimmy's full name?
3. Where were the two men from who spoke to Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where does Yolland say he would be if he'd not joined the army in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Jimmy's nickname?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)