|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scene Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the two men from who spoke to Manus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Ca na hMair.
(b) Inis Meadhon.
(c) Druim Dubh.
(d) Dubh Michol.
2. Where does Yolland say is his own village in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Maire remark about Yolland's arms in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They are muscular.
(b) They are long and thin.
(c) They are stong and lean.
(d) They are dark.
4. What language will the new national schools teach?
(c) English and Irish.
5. Where does Yolland walk home along every day?
(b) Maire hAbhann.
(c) Bun na hAbhann.
(d) Tra Bhan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
2. Who had asked Manus to write to her sister in Act 1?
3. In what Irish County does the play take place?
4. What is the one word that Jimmy knows in English?
5. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)