1. The speaker in the first poem is the ____________________, as she introduces herself.
(d) Middle aged witch.
2. Who is NOT one of the names which is mentioned in the poem, "The Gold Key?"
3. Alice is asked whether she remembers being ____________ when she was a child.
(a) Read to.
(d) Sung to.
4. Samuel is asked whether he remembers the ________ where the wicked king went up in smoke.
5. How old is the boy who wants some answers in the poem, according to the narrator?
6. Sexton's poem reads that it is not enough to read Hesse and to drink __________________.
(d) Clam chowder.
7. The boy finds a key and looks for the lock to open, just as he would look for a __________ upon finding a nickel.
This section contains 4,344 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)