|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kay want the credit of the bust to go to ?
2. What red brick hotel reminds Lucy of a dragon?
3. What is the name of Lucy's private investigation firm?
4. Where are Marino's injuries located?
5. What are the instructions Bruce has been given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the salesman in the tobacco shop able to tell Marino?
2. Why does Scarpetta say that Pogue wouldn't have worried about catching the flu from Gilly Paulsson when he broke in to kill her even though Pogue had a disability that would have made the flu deadly to him?
3. What does Scarpetta find in the abandoned building where she and Pogue used to work in chapter fifty-four?
4. How does Benton describe Henri in chapter forty-five?
5. What did Pogue and Mrs. Arnette discuss before he killed her as Pogue recalls in chapter fifty-one?
6. What does Scarpetta begin to gather up and tell Mrs. Paulsson after she is in Mrs. Paulsson's home in chapter thirty-one?
7. What does Scarpetta answer when Marino asks what if Mrs. Paulsson has aids?
8. What does Scarpetta speculate may be going on when they find all the old remains that Pogue has hidden?
9. Describe what happens when Scarpetta first arrives at Mrs. Paulsson's home in the beginning of chapter thirty-one when Scarpetta goes to confront Mrs. Paulsson about the attack on Marino.
10. Why does Scarpetta not advise Rudy what to do about calling the police about the bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one character in the story that you believe to be the most interesting.
Part 1) Which character did you pick and why?
Part 2) Would you enjoy playing the role of that character? Explain why or why not.
Part 3) Is this likely a reoccurring character in Cornwell's books? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There could arguably be several different main themes in the story.
Part 1) Pick a theme that you feel is the strongest and most prevalent in the story. What is it and why did you chose that theme.
Part 2) How does an author use themes as a literary tool? In what ways does this pertain to the book Trace?
Part 3) In the first ten chapters of the book is it clear what the theme of the book is going to be? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Paulsson talked about the dog Sweetie.
Part 1) What was significant about Mrs. Paulsson's explanation about the non existent dog?
Part 2) Why does Mrs. Paulsson continue to cling to the idea of a dog even after she is told that they know there never was a dog?
Part 3) Could there have been a pet other than a dog introduced or was the fact that the mythical pet was a dog important? Explain.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)