|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the neighbor see Henri the morning of the attack?
2. What does Lucy leave in Kate's mailbox?
3. What does Kate do while Lucy is upstairs in Kate's home?
4. What does Scarpetta want when re examining the Paulsson body?
5. What does the Army Intern bring to Scarpetta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Marcus' behavior on Monday and Thursdays' of every week.
2. Why does Dr. Kay Scarpetta come to Richmond, Va?
3. Describe the treasured items that Edgar Allen Pogue moved with.
4. How does the visit go when Lucy goes to see her next door neighbor?
5. Describe the dining and living area of Lucy's Florida home.
6. Why is Bailey doing the funeral home a favor by tying off the carotid during autopsy?
7. What does Lucy fabricate for her neighbor Kate?
8. Describe Dr. Joel Marcus.
9. What does Marino and Scarpetta find in Gilly Paulsson's dresser?
10. Describe the evidence that Junius Eise cannot understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used at several different intervals in the story.
Part 1) Pick out three major instances of foreshadowing and explain what they allude to.
Part 2) How would the story have been different without these instances of foreshadowing?
Part 3) Is it possible to write a story with NO foreshadowing in place? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are a lot of colors and images used in the story to grab the reader's attention.
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that the author chose the red, white and blue for the paint chips.
Part 2) What other colors could have been used in their place? Explain.
Part 3) What was significant about the fact that Lucy's mansion was pink?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Arnette is never met in the story although she is talked about often.
Part 1) Explain what the significance is about Mrs. Arnette.
Part 2) Was it necessary for the reader to know as much about Mrs. Arnette as was told, such as the fact that she was killed just as Gilly was after giving Pogue money and letting him live in the house?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)