|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Marcus take for his panic attacks?
2. What does Scarpetta pull out of her jacket pocket?
3. Why is an autopsy table sloped?
4. What color is Lucy's Ferrari?
5. How does Lucy introduce herself to her neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lucy and Frank Marino's relationship.
2. Describe what the Decomposed Room looks like.
3. In chapter thirty when Scarpetta tells Marino to tell her all about what happened with Mrs. Paulsson, what are the reasons that makes Marino considers lying?
4. Where does Lucy plant listening devices in Kate's home?
5. Describe Dr. Marcus' behavior on Monday and Thursdays' of every week.
6. While interviewing Mrs. Paulsson, what does Dr. Scarpetta learn about Dr. Paulsson?
7. What does Lucy fabricate for her neighbor Kate?
8. Describe Edgar Allen Pogue's supervisor,Dave, at the Anatomical Division.
9. What does Scarpetta notice about Marino in the beginning of chapter twenty-six that lets her know how hard Marino is taking things?
10. Why does Dr. Kay Scarpetta come to Richmond, Va?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Paulsson talked about the dog Sweetie.
Part 1) What was significant about Mrs. Paulsson's explanation about the non existent dog?
Part 2) Why does Mrs. Paulsson continue to cling to the idea of a dog even after she is told that they know there never was a dog?
Part 3) Could there have been a pet other than a dog introduced or was the fact that the mythical pet was a dog important? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Marino is ashamed to have to explain that he was sexually assaulted by Mrs. Paulsson.
Part 1) Why is it that Marino was so ashamed to show Scarpetta his body?
Part 2) Would Marino have been less ashamed if Scarpetta had been a man or if Marino had not had feelings for Scarpetta.
Essay Topic 3
Marino inadvertently gets pulled into Mrs. Paulsson's scam and she almost accuses him of raping her.
Part 1) What does this say about Mrs. Paulsson's personality? What does it say about Marino's personality that he was so easily pulled into Mrs. Paulsson's trap?
Part 2) What does it convey to the reader that Scarpetta was so eager to go and confront Mrs. Paulsson after Marino's attack?
Part 3) Is it understandable that Mrs. Paulsson was so eager to drop her accusations after Scarpetta confronted her? Explain.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)