|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What case is Dr. Scarpetta consulting on?
2. Where was Mrs. Paulsson returning from the morning of Gilly's death?
3. What does Lucy do while she is upstairs in Kate's home?
4. What does Lucy leave in Kate's mailbox?
5. What color is Dr. Fielding's Mustang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Guts Man?
2. Why does Dr. Kay Scarpetta come to Richmond, Va?
3. Describe the dining and living area of Lucy's Florida home.
4. Describe the evidence that Junius Eise cannot understand?
5. What does Scarpetta notice about Marino in the beginning of chapter twenty-six that lets her know how hard Marino is taking things?
6. Why does Scarpetta tell Lucy she will be sorry for moving to Miami?
7. On the day of Henri's assault, why was Lucy driving the blue Ferrari?
8. While interviewing Mrs. Paulsson, what does Dr. Scarpetta learn about Dr. Paulsson?
9. Describe Edgar Allen Pogue's supervisor,Dave, at the Anatomical Division.
10. Describe Mrs. Paulsson's bathroom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Paulsson and Rudy both are seen very little in the story although they have a large impact on the other characters in the book.
Part 1) Speculate on why the author chose to limit these two character's role in the story.
Part 2) What was accomplished by having Rudy be the one that connected the finger prints at both Lucy's home and the Paulsson murder?
Part 3) Describe the effect that seeing Dr. Paulsson has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Lucy and Scarpetta are very different characters.
Part 1) Discuss the major differences in these two characters.
Part 2) What is the different roles that these two characters play?
Part 3) Is it easier to like one of these two characters over the other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Arnette is never met in the story although she is talked about often.
Part 1) Explain what the significance is about Mrs. Arnette.
Part 2) Was it necessary for the reader to know as much about Mrs. Arnette as was told, such as the fact that she was killed just as Gilly was after giving Pogue money and letting him live in the house?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)