|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucy go after leaving the airport?
(a) Maroon Bells.
(b) Her house.
(c) The resort.
(d) A hotel.
2. What is the weather like in Aspen?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is windy and dry.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is hot and dry.
3. What do Scarpetta and Marino fine in the house behind the Paulsson home?
(a) They find pornographic magazines.
(b) They find the identification card belonging to Frank Paulsson.
(c) They find still warm food on the stove.
(d) They find trade publications for the entertainment industry.
4. What do Benton and Lucy do at Marron Bell's?
(a) They go snow shoeing.
(b) They go swimming.
(c) They go shopping.
(d) They go skiing.
5. What does Rudy find in Lucy's mailbox?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A dead rose.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Paulsson do to Lucy first during his exam?
2. Benton tells Kay she has a great sense of what?
3. Why is Gilly's bedroom window lock broken?
4. Who watches Scarpetta walk through the red mud?
5. What color baseball bat did Pogue carry inside the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Henri admits to remembering from the attack from Pogue?
2. In chapter fifty-one what events does Pogue recall that started his hatred for Lucy.
3. What does Pogue think of Lucy's neighbor as he is going to check Lucy's mailbox to make sure the bomb isn't still there?
4. How does Benton describe Henri in chapter forty-five?
5. What information is Dr. Paulsson able to give Lucy about Gilly?
6. Describe what happens when Scarpetta first arrives at Mrs. Paulsson's home in the beginning of chapter thirty-one when Scarpetta goes to confront Mrs. Paulsson about the attack on Marino.
7. What is the salesman in the tobacco shop able to tell Marino?
8. What does Scarpetta find in the abandoned building where she and Pogue used to work in chapter fifty-four?
9. What does Mrs. Paulson tell Marino and Scarpetta about the man living next door, Pogue, in chapter forty-three?
10. What does Scarpetta begin to gather up and tell Mrs. Paulsson after she is in Mrs. Paulsson's home in chapter thirty-one?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)