|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pogue believe he is guided by?
(a) Pogue believes he is guided by his father's spirit.
(b) Pogue believes he is guided by a bright light.
(c) Pogue believes he is guided by his mother.
(d) Pogue believes he is guided by the eye.
2. Who is recording Lucy's session with Dr. Paulsson?
3. What does Dr. Paulsson do to Lucy first during his exam?
(a) He asks her age.
(b) He cleans her teeth.
(c) He takes her blood pressure.
(d) He asks how long she uses her computer each day.
4. Who does Benton believe is Pogue's intended victim?
5. How is those who work in the Anatomical Division thought of by their fellow employees?
(a) They are thought of as being rather odd.
(b) They are thought of being rather meek.
(c) They are thought of being very conservative.
(d) They are thought of being rather quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Lucy have with her?
2. Where is the snow piled high outside from where Lucy is?
3. What is Pogue's personal worries each time he drinks?
4. What logo is on the cup Rudy found in Lucy's mailbox?
5. How long has Rudy been at the training camp office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta find in the abandoned building where she and Pogue used to work in chapter fifty-four?
2. What does Scarpetta begin to gather up and tell Mrs. Paulsson after she is in Mrs. Paulsson's home in chapter thirty-one?
3. What is the salesman in the tobacco shop able to tell Marino?
4. In chapter thirty-five how does Pogue describe the eye?
5. Describe the scene in chapter fifty-seven when Pogue goes into buy the Cuban cigars.
6. What does Rudy call Scarpetta to tell her in chapter forty-two?
7. Why does Scarpetta say that Pogue wouldn't have worried about catching the flu from Gilly Paulsson when he broke in to kill her even though Pogue had a disability that would have made the flu deadly to him?
8. Why does Scarpetta not advise Rudy what to do about calling the police about the bomb?
9. What does Mrs. Paulson tell Marino and Scarpetta about the man living next door, Pogue, in chapter forty-three?
10. Describe what happens when Scarpetta first arrives at Mrs. Paulsson's home in the beginning of chapter thirty-one when Scarpetta goes to confront Mrs. Paulsson about the attack on Marino.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)