|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Ramsay do while they are sailing to the Lighthouse?
(a) He hangs his hand in the water.
(b) He steers the boat.
(c) He argues with James.
(d) He reads a book.
2. What becomes of Mrs. Ramsay?
(a) She becomes a famous writer
(b) She abandons her children
(c) She leaves Mr. Ramsay
(d) She dies suddenly
3. What does the Macalister boy use for fishing bait while they are on the boat?
(a) He uses stale bread.
(b) He uses worms he found in the garden.
(c) He caught flies the day before.
(d) He cuts a square out of the side of a fish.
4. What helps Mr. Ramsay get his mind off his sorrow?
(a) Talking about his boots
(b) Playing cricket
(c) Looking at Lily's painting
(d) Walking on the beach
5. Why is Lily surprised that when she looks at her painting, she cannot see it?
(a) She didn't realize that her hat had fallen over her eyes.
(b) She realizes that she is crying, but didn't think she felt anything for Mrs. Ramsay.
(c) She suddenly loses vision in both eyes.
(d) A swarm of gnats fly in her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. McNab locks the door to the house, how does the author describe it?
2. Why can't Lily paint after she sets up her easel?
3. Who are the first guests to arrive at the Ramsay's house?
4. What does James remember as they all sit in the hot sun on the boat?
5. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Ramsay get into so many arguments?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)