|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily feel the Ramsays are flooded with?
(d) Being in love
2. As Lily paints, what does she think about Mr. Tansley?
(a) She remembers how wealthy he was.
(b) She remembers a time when he was nice.
(c) She remembers how interesting he was.
(d) She remembers how everyone liked him.
3. Why is Lily surprised that when she looks at her painting, she cannot see it?
(a) A swarm of gnats fly in her eyes.
(b) She suddenly loses vision in both eyes.
(c) She realizes that she is crying, but didn't think she felt anything for Mrs. Ramsay.
(d) She didn't realize that her hat had fallen over her eyes.
4. What does Mrs. Ramsay do on the beach while Lily paints and Charles skips stones?
(a) She puts her feet in the water.
(b) She reads a book Mr. Ramsay gave her.
(c) She yells at Charles to keep away from the water.
(d) She sits in silence, resting.
5. Where does Mrs. Ramsay wish she could go with Paul and Minta?
(a) To the beach
(b) To the picture show
(c) On a walk
(d) To town
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lily see sitting in the chair, knitting a stocking?
2. What is Mr. Ramsay thinks as he watches his wife reading?
3. Why is Mr. Tansley insulted when Lily asks him to take her to the Lighthouse?
4. What is the atmosphere around the house as Mrs. McNab's work at the summerhouse is finished?
5. Why is Mrs. Ramsay concerned when the sound of the children playing and the men talking suddenly stops?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)