|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ramsay want Lily to get married?
(a) To have someone to support her
(b) So she can have a family
(c) So she won't be lonely
(d) Because single women miss what life has to offer
2. How does Nancy feel when she sees Paul and Minta kissing?
(a) She is happy for them.
(b) She doesn't care what they do.
(c) It bolsters her spirits.
(d) She is angry and indignant.
3. What responsibility falls on Mrs. Ramsay's shoulders as she watches her guests remain distant from one another?
(a) To say grace before dinner
(b) To get up and serve dinner
(c) To make an effort to get her guest flowing, and merging, conversing
(d) To go look for Nancy and Andrew
4. What does Prue feel about her mother as she sees her standing on the stairs?
(a) She thinks her mother looks old.
(b) Prue feels she is lucky to have her mother and she will never grow up, and never leave home.
(c) She is annoyed with her mother's overbearing nature.
(d) She wishes she did not have a mother.
5. What does Lily want to do as the children come out of the house to go sailing to the Lighthouse?
(a) Run away from Mr. Ramsay
(b) Cry with Mr. Ramsay
(c) Go with the family
(d) Give sympathy to Mr. Ramsay
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does George do at the summerhouse?
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel young men regard her?
3. How does Mrs. Ramsay clean her mind from all the odds of the day after dinner is over?
4. What is Lily's opinion of the dead?
5. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel about her husband as she looks at him across the table?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)