|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily feeling as she sits drinking coffee on her first morning back at the Ramsay's?
2. What does James ask his mother when she tucks him into bed?
(a) He asks her to tell him a story.
(b) He asks if Mr. Ramsay is angry with him
(c) He asks if she will get him a new catalogue.
(d) He asks if they will go to the Lighthouse the next day
3. Why does Mrs. Ramsay want Lily to get married?
(a) Because single women miss what life has to offer
(b) So she won't be lonely
(c) So she can have a family
(d) To have someone to support her
4. How does Lily feel as she sits alone in the Ramsay's house?
(a) She feels like a daughter to Mr. Ramsay.
(b) She feels like a sister to Nancy.
(c) She feels like a member of the family.
(d) She feels cut off from people, with no attachments there.
5. What is Mrs. Ramsay bringing to the Lighthouse for the keeper's ailing son?
(a) Knitted hat
(b) Knitted stockings
(c) A winter coat
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Mr. Ramsay wants Mrs. Ramsay to say to him, but she is unable to?
2. What is the children's opinion of Mr. Tansley?
3. Who writes a volume of poetry that becomes very successful?
4. What is the brown spot Lily sees out in the bay?
5. What is Andrew's opinion of Minta?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)