|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about the sympathy that Mrs. Ramsay gives Mr. Ramsay?
(a) Mrs. Ramsay gives in to his needs too easily.
(b) She wishes she could be like Mrs. Ramsay.
(c) She admires Mrs. Ramsay for giving him what he needs.
(d) She agrees with giving him sympathy.
2. Why is Minta terrified that they will not find the brooch?
(a) The sand is blowing everywhere
(b) The tide is coming in
(c) They can't remember everywhere they have been
(d) There are too many stones to look through
3. What does the Macalister boy use for fishing bait while they are on the boat?
(a) He uses worms he found in the garden.
(b) He caught flies the day before.
(c) He cuts a square out of the side of a fish.
(d) He uses stale bread.
4. What does Mrs. Ramsay regret will happen when her children are grown?
(a) Her children will forget about her, leaving her alone.
(b) Her children to have to experience all the pain, suffering, and death involved in living life.
(c) Her children will not need her anymore.
(d) Her children will treat her like an old lady.
5. What does Mrs. McNab imagine as she takes a break from cleaning to have some tea?
(a) She imagines herself the owner of the house.
(b) She imagines the children playing cricket.
(c) She imagines Mrs. Ramsay in the garden.
(d) She imagines Mr. Ramsay talking to himself on the lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mr. Ramsay a happy man?
2. How does Mr. Ramsay look at Lily?
3. What does Mrs. Ramsay think she could have managed better in her 50 years?
4. What consoles Lily from her anguish over Mrs. Ramsay's death?
5. What finally gives James relief from his negative thoughts about his father?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)