|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ramsay annoyed with Mr. Ramsay when he calls the island a "poor little place"?
(a) Because it is a lovely night and he is complaining
(b) Because he is insulting their vacation spot
(c) Because he is ruining their stroll
(d) Because he is so moody
2. How does Mr. Ramsay react to being seen reciting poetry by Lily and Mr. Bankes?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He wants to recite more to them.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is happy someone heard his recitation
3. What does Mr. Ramsay say he will do if Mr. Tansley marries Prue?
(a) He will have a celebration.
(b) He will disown her.
(c) He will wish her the best.
(d) He will give her away.
4. Why doesn't Lily want to see the paintings of the great artists?
(a) Because she thinks they are overrated
(b) Because she doesn't understand them
(c) Because she will be discontented with her own art
(d) Because she prefers modern art
5. Why is Nancy brooding?
(a) She is upset that Andrew left her alone.
(b) She is angry that Paul is with Minta.
(c) She is angry with her mother.
(d) She reduced her body, her life, and all the people in the world into nothingness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily think life is aimless, chaotic, and unreal?
2. How does Mr. Bankes feel about Mrs. Ramsay as the talk at the dinner table?
3. What does James imagine himself doing to his father as they sit in the boat waiting for the breeze to pick up?
4. Why is Lily thankful that Mr. Ramsay is reciting poetry?
5. What kind of lives do Prue, Nancy, and Rose want to live?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)