|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nancy feel when she sees Paul and Minta kissing?
(a) She is happy for them.
(b) She is angry and indignant.
(c) She doesn't care what they do.
(d) It bolsters her spirits.
2. How does Mr. Bankes feel about Mrs. Ramsay as the talk at the dinner table?
(a) He realizes that he feels nothing for her.
(b) He is infatuated with her.
(c) He considers her like his sister.
(d) He finds her seductive
3. What returns to Mr. Bankes as he begins to eat dinner?
(a) His longing to be at home
(b) His disgust with Mr. Tansley
(c) His annoyance with everyone at the table
(d) His love and reverence for Mrs. Ramsay.
4. How does Lily think Mr. Ramsay has changed through the years?
(a) He became even more obnoxious and unfriendly.
(b) He developed an interest in ordinary human things and shed his worries and ambitions
(c) He does not like books anymore.
(d) He is a more loving father.
5. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel young men regard her?
(a) With reverence and trust
(b) As a senile lump
(c) As an old, stupid woman
(d) As if she were invisible
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prue's pregnancy progress?
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay quiet the children down, so they can sleep?
3. Mrs. Ramsay is excited that this character accepted her dinner invitation.
4. Who does Mrs. Ramsay think are getting engaged?
5. Why is Nancy brooding?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)