|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lighthouse Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the worst moment of Paul's life?
(a) Losing his mother and father
(b) Losing his job
(c) Asking Minta to marry him
(d) Being rejected by a college
2. What is Mrs. Ramsay sorry for after she tells James they cannot go to the Lighthouse?
(a) That she raises his hopes for the trip
(b) That she ever offered to bring him there in the first place
(c) That she ever told Mr. Ramsay they were going
(d) That they hadn't gone before
3. As Mrs. Ramsay sits at the head of the dinner table, what is she contemplating?
(a) She wonders why dinner is late.
(b) She wonders what will become of her children.
(c) She thinks about leaving her husband.
(d) She wonders what she has accomplished, feeling her life is over.
4. What does Mr. Bankes think Mr. Tansley feels about the people around the table?
(a) That they are all having a wonderful time
(b) That they are all his true friends
(c) That they have wasted their lives, and are behind the times
(d) That the conversations are engrossing
5. What is the condition of the house in the heat of the summer?
(a) The heat is warping the roof.
(b) The sun adds warmth to the cheery rooms.
(c) Flies weave webs in the sunny rooms, weeds grow near the glass
(d) The summer sun is shining on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. McNab imagine as she takes a break from cleaning to have some tea?
2. What is Mr. Ramsay thinks as he watches his wife reading?
3. What do Paul, Minta, Andrew, and Nancy do, once they reach the beach?
4. Why is Minta terrified that they will not find the brooch?
5. How does Mrs. Ramsay try to lift James' spirits after his father's negative comments
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)