|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the weather will not be nice enough for the trip?
(a) Mr. Ramsay
(c) Lily Briscoe
(d) Mr. Carmichael
2. Who does Mrs. Ramsay think are getting engaged?
(a) Minta and Andrew
(b) Lily and Mr. Bankes
(c) Lily and Paul
(d) Minta Doyle and Paul Rayley
3. What does Mrs. Ramsay think she could have managed better in her 50 years?
(a) Her ledger book
(b) Her husband, money, her husband's books
(c) Her inheritance
(d) Her children
4. Why does Mr. Tansley feel proud for the first time in his life?
(a) Mr. Ramsay compliments him on his thesis.
(b) He is walking to town with Mrs. Ramsay on his arm.
(c) His philosophy book is published.
(d) He wins a cricket game.
5. What does Mr. Ramsay tell James as Mrs. Ramsay is measuring his foot for the stockings?
(a) They can go to the beach instead of the Lighthouse.
(b) They will take a tip to town.
(c) There is a chance that the weather will be clear for the trip to the Lighthouse.
(d) There is no chance that they will be able to go to the Lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ramsay like Lily Briscoe?
2. Why is Mrs. Ramsay concerned when the sound of the children playing and the men talking suddenly stops?
3. What does Mr. Ramsay think about the intelligence of human beings?
4. What does James imagine doing to his father?
5. How does Mr. Bankes refer to the Ramsay children?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)