|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about the sympathy that Mrs. Ramsay gives Mr. Ramsay?
(a) Mrs. Ramsay gives in to his needs too easily.
(b) She agrees with giving him sympathy.
(c) She wishes she could be like Mrs. Ramsay.
(d) She admires Mrs. Ramsay for giving him what he needs.
2. Where are James and his mother planning to take a trip?
(a) To the Lighthouse
(b) To the beach
(c) Into town to buy yarn
(d) To visit relatives
3. What does Lily tell William Bankes about Mr. Ramsay?
(a) Mr. Ramsay is afraid of the dark.
(b) Mr. Ramsay cries at night while in bed.
(c) Mr. Ramsay likes to swim in the dark.
(d) Mr. Ramsay frightens her because of his mood swings.
4. How does Mr. Bankes refer to the Ramsay children?
(a) With names like the Kings and Queens of England
(b) With the names of famous artists
(c) With the names of wild animals
(d) With the names of fairy tale characters
5. What does James imagine doing to his father?
(a) To go to one of his philosophy classes
(b) To grab any weapon and gash a hole in his father's breast
(c) To go to town to the picture show
(d) To go fishing for the afternoon
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily react to the rapture that Mr. Bankes feels toward Mrs. Ramsay?
2. What does Mr. Ramsay think about the intelligence of human beings?
3. What is the thing Mr. Bankes and Lily Briscoe see that they are not supposed to?
4. How does Mr. Ramsay react to being seen reciting poetry by Lily and Mr. Bankes?
5. Why does Mrs. Ramsay think it is a good idea for her husband to spend time at the summerhouse?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)