|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ramsay think it is a good idea for her husband to spend time at the summerhouse?
(a) To get some fresh air and sunshine
(b) To swim and sail with the children
(c) To get away from his lectures and academia
(d) To finish writing his new book
2. What makes Mr. Ramsay a happy man?
(a) Reciting his poetry
(b) Going for a walk on the beach
(c) He has his wife, children, and his career teaching young men philosophy.
(d) His books and his lectures
3. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel young men regard her?
(a) As a senile lump
(b) With reverence and trust
(c) As an old, stupid woman
(d) As if she were invisible
4. Where are James and his mother planning to take a trip?
(a) To visit relatives
(b) To the beach
(c) To the Lighthouse
(d) Into town to buy yarn
5. Why has Mr. Tansley never been to the circus?
(a) His father believed circus people were evil.
(b) He is afraid of large crowds.
(c) He comes from a family with nine siblings and his father was a working man.
(d) He thinks they are for imbeciles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's view of Mr. Bankes?
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel after giving Mr. Ramsay the sympathy he needs?
3. What kind of lives do Prue, Nancy, and Rose want to live?
4. What does James imagine doing to his father?
5. What is Mrs. Ramsay's opinion on human relationships?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)