|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are James and his mother planning to take a trip?
(a) Into town to buy yarn
(b) To the Lighthouse
(c) To visit relatives
(d) To the beach
2. What does James imagine doing to his father?
(a) To go to town to the picture show
(b) To go fishing for the afternoon
(c) To go to one of his philosophy classes
(d) To grab any weapon and gash a hole in his father's breast
3. Why has Mr. Tansley never been to the circus?
(a) He comes from a family with nine siblings and his father was a working man.
(b) His father believed circus people were evil.
(c) He thinks they are for imbeciles.
(d) He is afraid of large crowds.
4. What does Mr. Ramsay compare men's minds to?
(a) The months of the year
(b) Numbers up to one hundred
(c) Letters of the alphabet
(d) The days of the week
5. Why is Lily thankful that Mr. Ramsay is reciting poetry?
(a) She thinks it makes him look distinguished.
(b) She is trying to learn poetry herself.
(c) He will not bother to look at her painting.
(d) She enjoys the sound of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily Briscoe doing on the edge of the lawn?
2. What is Lily's opinion of Mr. Ramsay?
3. Why is Mr. Ramsay angry with his wife, cursing her?
4. What is Mrs. Ramsay's opinion on human relationships?
5. What is Lily's view of Mr. Bankes?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)