|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her children does Mrs. Ramsay want to stay young?
(a) Andrew and Prue
(b) Nancy and Cam
(c) James and Cam
(d) Charles and James
2. What is the children's opinion of Mr. Tansley?
(a) He is athletic and bold.
(b) He is bright, handsome, and friendly.
(c) He would be a good catch for any woman.
(d) He is a miserable, sarcastic brute.
3. What makes Mr. Ramsay a happy man?
(a) Reciting his poetry
(b) Going for a walk on the beach
(c) His books and his lectures
(d) He has his wife, children, and his career teaching young men philosophy.
4. Who says that the weather will not be nice enough for the trip?
(a) Mr. Ramsay
(b) Mr. Carmichael
(c) Lily Briscoe
5. What does Mrs. Ramsay think she could have managed better in her 50 years?
(a) Her ledger book
(b) Her inheritance
(c) Her husband, money, her husband's books
(d) Her children
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Ramsay try to lift James' spirits after his father's negative comments
2. Why does Mrs. Ramsay want Lily to get married?
3. What does Mrs. Ramsay regret will happen when her children are grown?
4. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel after giving Mr. Ramsay the sympathy he needs?
5. What does James imagine doing to his father?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)