|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Ramsay become annoyed with Mrs. Ramsay, thinking he will go off alone?
(a) She won't share her thoughts with him
(b) She doesn't want Andrew to go to college.
(c) She keeps talking about going to the Lighthouse.
(d) All she talks about are flowers.
2. What makes Mr. Ramsay a happy man?
(a) He has his wife, children, and his career teaching young men philosophy.
(b) Going for a walk on the beach
(c) Reciting his poetry
(d) His books and his lectures
3. Who says that the weather will not be nice enough for the trip?
(a) Mr. Carmichael
(c) Mr. Ramsay
(d) Lily Briscoe
4. What does Mr. Ramsay say he will do if Mr. Tansley marries Prue?
(a) He will disown her.
(b) He will wish her the best.
(c) He will give her away.
(d) He will have a celebration.
5. What does Mrs. Ramsay regret will happen when her children are grown?
(a) Her children will treat her like an old lady.
(b) Her children will forget about her, leaving her alone.
(c) Her children will not need her anymore.
(d) Her children to have to experience all the pain, suffering, and death involved in living life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily see in Mr. Bankes' face as he watches Mrs. Ramsay?
2. What is the only thing Mr. Tansley has to count on?
3. What kind of lives do Prue, Nancy, and Rose want to live?
4. How does Lily react to the rapture that Mr. Bankes feels toward Mrs. Ramsay?
5. What is Mr. Ramsay afraid will happen if Andrew doesn't work harder?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)