|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Ramsay's reaction as he sees his wife sitting in sadness?
(a) He thinks she is looking for attention.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He feels she is overreacting.
(d) He is hurt by his wife's distance, feeling that he can't speak to her.
2. What does James imagine doing to his father?
(a) To go to town to the picture show
(b) To grab any weapon and gash a hole in his father's breast
(c) To go fishing for the afternoon
(d) To go to one of his philosophy classes
3. How does Mr. Bankes refer to the Ramsay children?
(a) With the names of wild animals
(b) With the names of famous artists
(c) With names like the Kings and Queens of England
(d) With the names of fairy tale characters
4. What did Mr. Tansley tell Lily at one time about women's artistic abilities?
(a) He says that women can't paint or write.
(b) He says that women are very creative.
(c) He says that women can write but not paint.
(d) He says that women can paint but not write.
5. What does Mr. Ramsay compare men's minds to?
(a) The days of the week
(b) The months of the year
(c) Numbers up to one hundred
(d) Letters of the alphabet
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lives do Prue, Nancy, and Rose want to live?
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay feel young men regard her?
3. What is the children's opinion of Mr. Tansley?
4. What is Lily's opinion of Mr. Ramsay?
5. What does Mr. Ramsay think about the intelligence of human beings?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)