|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Window Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Ramsay become annoyed with Mrs. Ramsay, thinking he will go off alone?
(a) She doesn't want Andrew to go to college.
(b) All she talks about are flowers.
(c) She keeps talking about going to the Lighthouse.
(d) She won't share her thoughts with him
2. Why is Mr. Ramsay angry with his wife, cursing her?
(a) She burned dinner.
(b) She dropped his book in the water at the beach.
(c) For giving James false hope about going on the trip to the Lighthouse
(d) She laughed at his poetry recitation.
3. What does Mr. Ramsay tell James as Mrs. Ramsay is measuring his foot for the stockings?
(a) They can go to the beach instead of the Lighthouse.
(b) They will take a tip to town.
(c) There is a chance that the weather will be clear for the trip to the Lighthouse.
(d) There is no chance that they will be able to go to the Lighthouse.
4. Why has Mr. Tansley never been to the circus?
(a) His father believed circus people were evil.
(b) He is afraid of large crowds.
(c) He comes from a family with nine siblings and his father was a working man.
(d) He thinks they are for imbeciles.
5. What is Mr. Ramsay afraid will happen if Andrew doesn't work harder?
(a) He will lose his job.
(b) His zest for live
(c) The chance for a scholarship
(d) He will become a lazy ne'er do well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Ramsay concerned when the sound of the children playing and the men talking suddenly stops?
2. Where are James and his mother planning to take a trip?
3. How does Mrs. Ramsay try to lift James' spirits after his father's negative comments
4. What does Mr. Bankes call Mr. Ramsay?
5. What does Mr. Ramsay think about the intelligence of human beings?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)