|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Time Passes Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minta realize she lost when they reach the top of the cliff?
(a) Her beaded necklace
(b) Her favorite book
(c) One of her shoes
(d) Her grandmother's brooch
2. How does Mrs. Ramsay clean her mind from all the odds of the day after dinner is over?
(a) She works in her garden
(b) She watches Lily paint
(c) She reads
(d) She sings to the children
3. What did Mr. Tansley tell Lily at one time about women's artistic abilities?
(a) He says that women can paint but not write.
(b) He says that women can write but not paint.
(c) He says that women are very creative.
(d) He says that women can't paint or write.
4. Why is Mrs. Ramsay concerned when the sound of the children playing and the men talking suddenly stops?
(a) She fears one of the children might be hurt.
(b) The silence makes her think of the destruction of the island and the years slipping away from her.
(c) She is afraid of being left alone.
(d) She feels more comfortable with the noise of children playing.
5. What does Lily see in Mr. Bankes' face as he watches Mrs. Ramsay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that goes to the Ramsay's house?
2. Which one of Mr. Ramsay's daughters does he escort down the aisle to be married?
3. What is the image the author gives of Mrs. Ramsay as she looks at her dinner guests?
4. What was the worst moment of Paul's life?
5. What is the comment Andrew makes about women while they are looking for the brooch?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)