|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Time Passes Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily Briscoe doing on the edge of the lawn?
(a) Having a picnic with the children
(b) Painting a picture of Mrs. Ramsay and James
(c) Waving to a neighbor passing by
(d) Playing cricket with the children
2. Why can't the sleep once dinner is over?
(a) They are still excited over dinner.
(b) They are over tired.
(c) Mr. Ramsay hung a stuffed animal with large horns on the bedroom wall.
(d) They took a nap in the afternoon.
3. What helps Mr. Ramsay forget about the annoyances at dinner?
(a) Reciting poetry
(b) Playing cricket
(c) Talking to Mrs. Ramsay
(d) Reading Sir Walter Scott
4. How does Mrs. Ramsay try to lift James' spirits after his father's negative comments
(a) She says that he might wake up and find the sun shining.
(b) She promises to bake him his favorite cake.
(c) She says that she will buy him a new catalogue.
(d) She says that he can get a puppy.
5. What becomes of Mrs. Ramsay?
(a) She becomes a famous writer
(b) She leaves Mr. Ramsay
(c) She dies suddenly
(d) She abandons her children
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily react to the rapture that Mr. Bankes feels toward Mrs. Ramsay?
2. While the summerhouse is deserted, what is the weather like?
3. Why is Lily thankful that Mr. Ramsay is reciting poetry?
4. How does Nancy feel when she sees Paul and Minta kissing?
5. What is the fate of the Ramsay's son, Andrew?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)