|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Time Passes Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the worst moment of Paul's life?
(a) Asking Minta to marry him
(b) Losing his job
(c) Being rejected by a college
(d) Losing his mother and father
2. Where does Mrs. Ramsay wish she could go with Paul and Minta?
(a) To the beach
(b) To the picture show
(c) To town
(d) On a walk
3. What does James ask his mother when she tucks him into bed?
(a) He asks if they will go to the Lighthouse the next day
(b) He asks her to tell him a story.
(c) He asks if Mr. Ramsay is angry with him
(d) He asks if she will get him a new catalogue.
4. What is the comment Andrew makes about women while they are looking for the brooch?
(a) Women are too sentimental
(b) Women are more patient than men
(c) Women are useless in a crisis
(d) Women have no control over their emotions
5. What is the thing Mr. Bankes and Lily Briscoe see that they are not supposed to?
(a) The children pulling up Mrs. Ramsay's flowers
(b) Mr. Ramsay reciting is poetry.
(c) A present James made for his mother.
(d) Mrs. Ramsay crying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prue feel about her mother as she sees her standing on the stairs?
2. What does Lily feel the Ramsays are flooded with?
3. How does Mr. Ramsay feel about marriage engagements?
4. What is it in human beings that nature looks upon complacently?
5. What is Mr. Ramsay's reaction as he sees his wife sitting in sadness?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)