|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Time Passes Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to the summerhouse while the Ramsay's are away?
(a) It is being renovated.
(b) It is being painted by neighbors
(c) Another family is living in it.
(d) It is becoming shabbier with each passing day.
2. How does Mr. Bankes refer to the Ramsay children?
(a) With names like the Kings and Queens of England
(b) With the names of wild animals
(c) With the names of fairy tale characters
(d) With the names of famous artists
3. What do the gulls, flowers, trees, and the earth itself seem to be saying on a summer evening at the Ramsay's house?
(a) Life is painful
(b) Sadness is everywhere
(c) Evil is rampant in the world
(d) Good triumphs, happiness prevails, and order rules
4. Why can't the sleep once dinner is over?
(a) They took a nap in the afternoon.
(b) Mr. Ramsay hung a stuffed animal with large horns on the bedroom wall.
(c) They are still excited over dinner.
(d) They are over tired.
5. What is the thing Mr. Bankes and Lily Briscoe see that they are not supposed to?
(a) The children pulling up Mrs. Ramsay's flowers
(b) Mr. Ramsay reciting is poetry.
(c) A present James made for his mother.
(d) Mrs. Ramsay crying
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nancy brooding?
2. What is it in human beings that nature looks upon complacently?
3. What is the condition of the house in the heat of the summer?
4. Who is the only person Lily doesn't mind looking at her painting?
5. What is the image the author gives of Mrs. Ramsay as she looks at her dinner guests?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)