|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Miller make when he finishes this high school class?
(a) The lowest grade in the class.
(b) He withdraws from the class.
(c) He never finishes the class.
(d) Second highest grade in the class.
2. What time do people on the MacMurray household need to be awake by?
(a) There is no set time to wake up.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) Everyone wakes up early except Miller.
3. MacMurray criticizes which parts of Miller's work ethic?
(a) Miller has no problems with his work ethics.
(b) His laziness.
(c) His sleep and work habits.
(d) His getting to lwork late.
4. In Chapter 10, Miller tells the story of giving a talk to a group. What was the subject of this talk?
(b) Faith journey.
(d) Boys raised without fathers.
5. In Chapter 9, Miller describes a story of watching a girl who met and broke up with several girls. What is the setting of the meetings between this girl and the boys?
(c) Coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Feeling lucky to share your life with your wife and amazed that your wife remains committed to you" is an example of what in a loving relationship?
2. What usually happens after Miller begins to date a woman?
3. Miller learned a valuable life lesson in Chapter 11 despite the absence of who in his life?
4. How old is Miller when he read his first book, cover to cover?
5. What fear does Miller have about his participation in mens' Bible study groups?
Short Essay Questions
1. Miller stresses the importance of making wise decisions in Chapter 8. He believes young men without fathers need to be intentional about learning to make decisions. How does he recommend they do this and why?
2. In Chapter 12, work is defined as honorable and spiritual. What does this mean?
3. In Chapter 11, what does the author tell us that he believes about college?
4. In Chapter 10, Why does Miller promote maturity for young men?
5. In Chapter 11, the author focuses on the importance of reading as a significant skill for success in life. What does he say?
6. In Chapter 12, Miller examines work ethic with several stories. What are characteristics of a good work ethic according to Miller?
7. In Chapter 11, Miller uses an example from a movie about a woman who does not return proper change for a purchase. This story illustrates an unusual way to describe sin. What is this?
8. Miller learns the secret to a successful love relationship from a married friend. According this married friend, what is this secret and what does it look like?
9. In Chapter 9, Girls, Miller tells the story of a young woman in a coffee shop. Why does he tell this story?
10. Many people, including the famous Dr. Alfred Kinsey, have researched sex. What have we learned from these sex researchers?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)