|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men taught chess to boys to teach them decision-making skills?
(a) David Gentiles.
(b) Donald Miller.
(c) John MacMurray.
(d) Salome Thomas-El.
2. Miller also tells a story of watching an interview with a famous person which teaches him more about sin. Who was this famous person?
(a) Oprah Winfrey.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Rev. Billy Graham.
(d) Bill Clinton.
3. Which of MacMurray's children gets Miller out of bed by begging to be carried down the stairs?
(a) MacMurray's children are grown.
(b) Elle MacMurray.
(c) MacMurray does not have any children.
(d) Cassy MacMurray.
4. In the book, "Wild at Heart', what is the wound left in a man's soul by the absence of a father referred to as?
(a) Scar tissue.
(b) There is no term for this.
(c) "Hole in the up of a man's soul."
(d) "Father wound."
5. What usually happens after Miller begins to date a woman?
(a) She loses her attraction.
(b) They fight and break up.
(c) They become engaged.
(d) She falls in love with Miller.
6. In Chapter 10, Miller gives a talk referring to "taking a moral high ground." Which of the following does this phrase not refer to?
(a) Being right all the time.
(b) Saying no to violence.
(c) Saying no to drugs.
(d) Saying no to sex.
7. What do sex researchers demonstrate in their research?
(a) Sex is good for emotional well-being.
(b) Sex is addictive.
(c) Sex is not necessary for people.
(d) Sex does not exists apart from emotions.
8. Which of the following is an important characteristic of becoming a man, according to Miller?
(a) Believing in God and attending church.
(b) Making good decisions and taking responsiblity for one's decisions.
(c) Time and life experiences.
(d) Making mistakes and learning from these mistakes.
9. As a child, Miller thinks that manhood does not arrive until men are what age?
(a) When they married.
(b) In their fifties.
(c) In their thirtiies.
(d) When they become teenagers.
10. According to Miller, wise moves will pay off, but what can they not do?
(a) Make everyone a winner.
(b) Guarantee security.
(c) Make everyone wealthy.
(d) Ensure victory.
11. When Miller observes the girl breaking up with several boys, what is he doing?
(a) Eating a meal.
(c) Talking to a friend.
(d) Playing cards.
12. What does Miller believe about himself that affects his school performance?
(a) He is a genius.
(b) He has no opinion about himself.
(c) He has a learning disability.
(d) He is stupid.
13. In Chapter 12 on work ethics, Miller uses a story about children to illustrate his point. What does he learn about children?
(a) Children are a blessing.
(b) Chldren are loud and noisy.
(c) Children are to be seen and not heard.
(d) Children wake early and wake everyone up.
14. What does Miller say God gives for moral protection?
15. In Chapter 10, the men who listen to Miller present his talk question ________________?
(a) The need to believe in God.
(b) Will they find someone to love?
(c) The moral wrongness of sex.
(d) Will they ever be loved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Miller first read cover to cover?
2. What does Miller believe that men possess?
3. Which of the following is not an important step of learning to make decisions?
4. According to Miller, why does he neglect his homework?
5. In Chapter 9, Miller describes a story of watching a girl who met and broke up with several girls. What is the setting of the meetings between this girl and the boys?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)