|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Travis and Miller think they may go to prison?
(a) Making stupid decisions at the wrong time.
(b) 85% of men in prison do not have fathers.
(c) They have broken many laws.
(d) All boys without fathers go to prison.
2. According the audience who listened to Miller give his talk, what happens to men who "take a moral high ground"?
(a) Nothing happens to these men.
(b) They become very popular.
(c) They can become social outcasts.
(d) They cannot keep friends.
3. Miller believes a famous person he saw interviewed is example of _____________?
(a) A person who does not have to pay for their sins.
(b) A callused heart toward sin.
(c) A person who raised without a father.
(d) God's ability to forgive people who sin.
4. Miller writes Chapter 11 without making reference to whom?
(b) Boys who are raised without fathers.
5. In the book, "Wild at Heart', what is the wound left in a man's soul by the absence of a father referred to as?
(a) "Hole in the up of a man's soul."
(b) Scar tissue.
(c) "Father wound."
(d) There is no term for this.
6. In Chapter 12 on work ethics, Miller uses a story about children to illustrate his point. What does he learn about children?
(a) Children are a blessing.
(b) Children are to be seen and not heard.
(c) Children wake early and wake everyone up.
(d) Chldren are loud and noisy.
7. How old is Miller when he read his first book, cover to cover?
(a) He has never read any book all the way through.
(b) 16 years of age.
(c) 5 years of age.
(d) 20 years of age.
8. Miller also tells a story of watching an interview with a famous person which teaches him more about sin. Who was this famous person?
(a) Rev. Billy Graham.
(b) Oprah Winfrey.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Bill Clinton.
9. In Chapter 11, Miller learns a lesson about integrity and describes examples of his actions that are character flaws. After learning this lesson, what does Miller do?
(a) He returns his cell phone.
(b) He asks God for forgiveness.
(c) He promises to never to do this again.
(d) He does not do anything.
10. What usually happens after Miller begins to date a woman?
(a) She falls in love with Miller.
(b) They fight and break up.
(c) They become engaged.
(d) She loses her attraction.
11. Which of the following is an important characteristic of becoming a man, according to Miller?
(a) Time and life experiences.
(b) Making good decisions and taking responsiblity for one's decisions.
(c) Believing in God and attending church.
(d) Making mistakes and learning from these mistakes.
12. Which of MacMurray's children gets Miller out of bed by begging to be carried down the stairs?
(a) MacMurray does not have any children.
(b) Cassy MacMurray.
(c) Elle MacMurray.
(d) MacMurray's children are grown.
13. What does Miller say God gives for moral protection?
14. What other group of people besides boys and men without fathers does Miller recognize in Chapter 7?
(a) Miller does not recognize any other groups in this chapter.
(b) Mothers of boys without fathers.
(c) Women who grow up without a father.
(d) All men and women with fathers.
15. According to Miller, living morally and responsibly in front of peers is an example of what type of behavior?
(a) Adult behavior.
(b) Adolescent behavior.
(c) Mature behavior.
(d) Christian behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Miller's friends tells Miller about real love. What does Miller's friends state is a core characteristic of real love?
2. Why does Miller date girls?
3. Initially, Miller assumes that work is God's punishment of people. Why?
4. What does Miller believe about himself that affects his school performance?
5. Miller's belief that he did not learn much about girls seems odd for a man who was raised in what kind of environment?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)