|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miller, why does he neglect his homework?
(a) He hates to study.
(b) He is not supervised in the evening.
(c) He is on a sports team and does not have time.
(d) He works at night.
2. Miller believes that sex is never simply what type of response?
(a) A biological response.
(b) An emotional response.
(c) An enjoyable response.
(d) An aggressive response.
3. Why does Miller refuse to participate in a Bible study group in his church?
(a) The members would not listen to him.
(b) Mostly women attended these meetings.
(c) There were no Bible study groups in his church.
(d) The Bible study groups did not meet at times that were convenient for him.
4. In Chapter 11, Miller learns a lesson about integrity and describes examples of his actions that are character flaws. After learning this lesson, what does Miller do?
(a) He asks God for forgiveness.
(b) He promises to never to do this again.
(c) He does not do anything.
(d) He returns his cell phone.
5. What happens to Miller in the high school class he has to get permission to register for?
(a) He finally understands his life.
(b) He drops out of school.
(c) He learns that he really liked psychology.
(d) He fails the class.
6. Who tells Miller about real love in Chapter 9?
(a) A married friend.
(b) Dr. Kinsey.
(c) Miller's mother.
(d) No one.
7. In the story of a woman who does not return correct change for a purchase, what is equated with a callused heart?
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Being unlovable.
8. Miller learned a valuable life lesson in Chapter 11 despite the absence of who in his life?
(a) A friend.
(b) His father.
(c) A wife.
(d) A brother.
9. Who should man work to please, according to MacMurray?
(c) His family.
(d) His friends.
10. What does Miller believe about himself that affects his school performance?
(a) He has no opinion about himself.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He has a learning disability.
(d) He is a genius.
11. In Chapter 7, why is Miller unsuccessful in his new organization?
(a) He is ostracized by the members.
(b) He fails to follow through on two of the major rules.
(c) He makes negative statements about the organization.
(d) Miller is very successful in this new organization.
12. What organization did Miller join in order to develop his idea of manhood?
(a) A sports club.
(b) The local YMCA.
(c) Promise Keepers.
(d) A gym.
13. In Chapter 9, what point for boys raised without fathers does Miller reinforce?
(a) The importance of father's in a man's life.
(b) The importance of love.
(c) The importance of seeking a proper mentor.
(d) The importance of women in a man's life.
14. Where does Miller find a job when he moves to Oregon?
(a) At a publishing company.
(b) In a automotive shop.
(c) At a coffee shop.
(d) At a bookstore.
15. Why does Miller date girls?
(a) Because he likes girls.
(b) Validation for his ego.
(c) Miller did not like to date girls.
(d) To prove he was a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Miller permission to register for the high school class he wanted to take?
2. What usually happens after Miller begins to date a woman?
3. What does Miller state that a "callused heart toward sin" is?
4. What time do people on the MacMurray household need to be awake by?
5. Miller writes Chapter 11 without making reference to whom?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)