|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Girls.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Miller's writing style changes. How does it change?
(a) He reveals his secret desires.
(b) He tells more stories about other people.
(c) His writing style does not change.
(d) He shares more personal information about himself.
2. What is another place where Miller and his mother attempt to find father figures for him?
(a) The community center.
(b) The police station.
(c) His school.
(d) At church.
3. What does Miller's search to understand himself as a child without a father lead to?
(a) An emotional journey.
(b) A spiritual journey.
(c) A new life.
(d) It does not lead to anything.
4. Miller describes his mother as being exhausted because of him. He learns the real reason she is exhausted. What is this?
(a) Because her partner left her as a single mother.
(b) Miller's mother works too hard.
(c) Miller's mother drinks too much.
(d) Miller's mother is sick.
5. Miller's mother dies without doing what?
(a) Making a will.
(b) Telling Miller who his father is.
(c) Telling Miller that she loved him.
(d) Making arrangements for her funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Miller and John MacMurray when Miller first begins to understand the relationship between God and fathers?
2. How does Miller make up for not having a father to give him information?
3. Who tells Miller about real love in Chapter 9?
4. This prologue is does which of the following?
5. As a teenager, one of Miller's most successful and key relationships with a male father figure was with whom?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)