|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Authority.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller's mother attempts to find father figures for her son by involving him in which community organization?
(a) After school program.
(b) Boy Scouts.
(c) Little League.
(d) Cub Scouts.
2. Why does Miller's Pinewood Derby Car not make it in the derby race?
(a) Miller and the other boys' fathers ignore each other.
(b) He built a derby car, but is too embarassed to enter it in the race.
(c) He built a derby car but it breaks.
(d) He does not have the supplies to build a derby car.
3. The message of this book is presented by the author with a strong bias for which he does not do what?
(a) State that he is sorry.
(c) Ask the reader's forgiveness.
(d) Show remorse.
4. What kind of relationship does Miller want with a father?
(a) An distant, detached relationship.
(b) A generous, loving relationship.
(c) Miller does not want a relationship with a father.
(d) A personal, intimate relationship.
5. As a child, what type of clubs does Miller think men participated in?
(a) Clubs that only let certain people in.
(b) Card clubs.
(c) Country clubs.
(d) Clubs that shared secret information about women and cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller asks for what from the reader?
2. How does Miller make up for not having a father to give him information?
3. What activity does Miller not enjoy until he begins college?
4. How long does Miller live in his new home in Boring, Oregon?
5. What is another place where Miller and his mother attempt to find father figures for him?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)