|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Spirituality.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John MacMurray do for a living?
(a) Teacher and photographer.
(b) Artist and educator.
(c) Pastor and youth minister.
(d) Owns his own business.
2. Why does Miller's Pinewood Derby Car not make it in the derby race?
(a) He built a derby car, but is too embarassed to enter it in the race.
(b) Miller and the other boys' fathers ignore each other.
(c) He built a derby car but it breaks.
(d) He does not have the supplies to build a derby car.
3. What group of people does Miller suggest are similar to orphaned elephants?
(a) All prisoners in in the United States.
(b) Foster children in the child welfare system.
(c) Children from single-parent families.
(d) Male prisoners who grow up without a father.
4. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
(a) His teen age years only.
(b) His birth.
(c) His childhood and youth.
(d) His young adult years only.
5. As a child, which animal does Miller most want to own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Miller particularly upset with older men?
2. What does Miller ask God to do?
3. According to the author, what percentage of male prisoners grew up without a father?
4. What tasks must elephants accomplish when they reach puberty?
5. How do these stories from Miller's childhood help the reader understand Miller, the author?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)