|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mentor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author uses the prologue to do which of the following?
(a) Tell the reader his life story.
(b) Explain his writing style.
(c) Discuss issues related to fathers who abandon their children.
(d) Discuss issues related to fatherless boys.
2. What does the landlord's son, who attempts to fill in as a father figure on a camping trip, forget?
(a) Miller's first name.
(b) How to light a fire.
(c) The tent.
(d) To show up.
3. Who is Miller's intended audience?
(c) Men and women.
(d) Boys only.
4. What does Miller do after completing high school?
(a) Travels the country.
(b) Finds a job.
(c) Goes to college.
(d) Miller does not graduate from high school.
5. True of False: only men who grew up without fathers and boys who are being without fathers will benefit from reading this book.
(a) False. Only single mothers should read this book.
(b) True. Only these type of men and boys will understand this book.
(c) False. Male and female readers of all ages can benefit from reading this book.
(d) False. Only young adult males preparing to be fathers should read this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 emphasizes what difficulties for boys who grow up without fathers?
2. As a child, Miller remembers hearing fairy tales about which animals?
3. What is the responsibility of the adult male elephant in a young elephant's life?
4. What group of people does Miller suggest are similar to orphaned elephants?
5. The message of this book is presented by the author with a strong bias for which he does not do what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)