|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mentor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 emphasizes what difficulties for boys who grow up without fathers?
(a) The lack of money.
(b) Unstable relationships with others.
(c) The absence of traditional father-son experiences.
(d) Poor communication skills with others.
2. Is Miller's concern with the social problem of all boys who grow up without fathers?
(a) Sometimes he is and sometimes he is not.
(b) No, he is not concerned at all.
(c) Only slightly, as he is more concerned about his life without a father.
(d) Yes, very much so.
3. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) All boys without fathers.
(b) The author, Donald Miller.
(c) The book's co-author, John MacMurray.
(d) All children without parents.
4. What does Miller state that the dragon reminds him of?
(a) A real father figure.
(d) A giant protector.
5. Why is Miller particularly upset with older men?
(a) Their apparent show of powers.
(b) Their lives are easy.
(c) They do not understand him.
(d) They are not interested in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
2. Miller also remembers watching a documentary on what animal?
3. As a child, Miller remembers hearing fairy tales about which animals?
4. The author wants the reader to encourage and relate to what type of men?
5. What group of people does Miller suggest are similar to orphaned elephants?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)