|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mentor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a teenager, one of Miller's most successful and key relationships with a male father figure was with whom?
(a) The Landlord's son.
(b) Mr. Kilpin.
(c) David Gentiles.
(d) John MacMurray.
2. How long does Miller live in his new home in Boring, Oregon?
(a) Four months.
(b) Forever. He never leaves.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) Four years.
3. What tasks must elephants accomplish when they reach puberty?
(a) They must leave their mother, go into the wild, and seek a male mentor.
(b) They must learn to hunt and feed themselves.
(c) They must grow new tusks.
(d) They must mate and have baby elephants.
4. What is the responsibility of the adult male elephant in a young elephant's life?
(a) To teach the young elephant how to bathe himself.
(b) To teach the young elephant how to select a mate.
(c) To teach the young elephant to hunt and feed a family.
(d) To show the young elephant what it means to be a male elephant.
5. As a child, which animal does Miller most want to own?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller asks for what from the reader?
2. The message of this book is presented by the author with a strong bias for which he does not do what?
3. Why does Miller settle in Boring, Oregon?
4. Who is the main character of this book?
5. Who does Miller remember as one of his first successful-father-figure role models in his life?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)