|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mentor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller writes specifically to appeal to what type of humor?
(a) The author does not write with a sense of humor.
(b) Everyone's sense of humor.
(c) A female sense of humor.
(d) A male sense of humor.
2. Who teaches this church class that Miller attends in Boring, Oregon?
(a) Mr. Kilpin.
(b) John MacMurray.
(c) The minister of the church.
(d) David Gentiles.
3. As a child and adolescent, who does Miller resent?
(a) Friends who had fathers.
(b) Fathers who left their families.
(c) Authority figures.
(d) Rich people.
4. What does Miller state that the dragon reminds him of?
(c) A real father figure.
(d) A giant protector.
5. Miller asks for what from the reader?
(d) Open mindedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of class does Miller attend at church in Oregon?
2. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
3. Why is Miller particularly upset with older men?
4. Miller also remembers watching a documentary on what animal?
5. What tasks must elephants accomplish when they reach puberty?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)