|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mentor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller asks for what from the reader?
(a) Open mindedness.
2. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) All boys without fathers.
(b) All children without parents.
(c) The author, Donald Miller.
(d) The book's co-author, John MacMurray.
3. What kind of class does Miller attend at church in Oregon?
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Bible study.
(d) New members class.
4. Writing this book appears to have been what type of experience for the author?
5. True of False: only men who grew up without fathers and boys who are being without fathers will benefit from reading this book.
(a) True. Only these type of men and boys will understand this book.
(b) False. Male and female readers of all ages can benefit from reading this book.
(c) False. Only single mothers should read this book.
(d) False. Only young adult males preparing to be fathers should read this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miller's Pinewood Derby Car not make it in the derby race?
2. Miller uses these stories about animals to illustrate what point in Chapter 2?
3. How do these stories from Miller's childhood help the reader understand Miller, the author?
4. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
5. What activity does Miller not enjoy until he begins college?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)