|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Mentor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what percentage of male prisoners grew up without a father?
2. What does the landlord's son, who attempts to fill in as a father figure on a camping trip, forget?
(a) To show up.
(b) Miller's first name.
(c) How to light a fire.
(d) The tent.
3. What activity does Miller not enjoy until he begins college?
4. Miller writes specifically to appeal to what type of humor?
(a) The author does not write with a sense of humor.
(b) A female sense of humor.
(c) Everyone's sense of humor.
(d) A male sense of humor.
5. What tasks must elephants accomplish when they reach puberty?
(a) They must leave their mother, go into the wild, and seek a male mentor.
(b) They must mate and have baby elephants.
(c) They must grow new tusks.
(d) They must learn to hunt and feed themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miller's intended audience?
2. The author wants the reader to encourage and relate to what type of men?
3. True of False: only men who grew up without fathers and boys who are being without fathers will benefit from reading this book.
4. What is the responsibility of the adult male elephant in a young elephant's life?
5. Where does this church class meet?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)