|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Our Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller also remembers watching a documentary on what animal?
(a) Orphaned elephants.
(b) Beached whales.
(c) Endangered animals.
(d) Exotic pets.
2. The message of this book is presented by the author with a strong bias for which he does not do what?
(a) Ask the reader's forgiveness.
(c) Show remorse.
(d) State that he is sorry.
3. What activity does Miller not enjoy until he begins college?
4. How do these stories from Miller's childhood help the reader understand Miller, the author?
(a) They explain his writing style.
(b) They explain his sad childhood.
(c) They offer understanding of his relationship with his mother.
(d) They validate Miller's authority on the subject of fatherless childhood.
5. What group of people does Miller suggest are similar to orphaned elephants?
(a) Children from single-parent families.
(b) Foster children in the child welfare system.
(c) Male prisoners who grow up without a father.
(d) All prisoners in in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
2. Miller uses these stories about animals to illustrate what point in Chapter 2?
3. Miller's mother attempts to find father figures for her son by involving him in which community organization?
4. Miller's stories in Chapter 1 seem to highlight what emotions from his childhood?
5. The author uses the prologue to do which of the following?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)