|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Our Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the responsibility of the adult male elephant in a young elephant's life?
(a) To teach the young elephant to hunt and feed a family.
(b) To teach the young elephant how to select a mate.
(c) To show the young elephant what it means to be a male elephant.
(d) To teach the young elephant how to bathe himself.
2. Who is Miller's intended audience?
(a) Men and women.
(d) Boys only.
3. Why does Miller's Pinewood Derby Car not make it in the derby race?
(a) Miller and the other boys' fathers ignore each other.
(b) He does not have the supplies to build a derby car.
(c) He built a derby car but it breaks.
(d) He built a derby car, but is too embarassed to enter it in the race.
4. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
(a) His young adult years only.
(b) His birth.
(c) His teen age years only.
(d) His childhood and youth.
5. What happens to elephant's behavior when they reach puberty?
(a) They become extremely intelligent.
(b) They become docile.
(c) They become very sexually aggressive.
(d) They become increasingly violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The message of this book is presented by the author with a strong bias for which he does not do what?
2. What activity does Miller not enjoy until he begins college?
3. Miller writes about what part of his life in this book?
4. The author wants the reader to encourage and relate to what type of men?
5. As a child, which animal does Miller most want to own?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)