|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Work Ethic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller believes that young men should do what in order to make decisions?
(a) Talk to people with authority.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Pray and go to church.
(d) Find a mentor who makes wise decisions.
2. According to MacMurray, which of the following is not an important task for families?
(a) Submit to authority.
(b) Teach responsiblity.
(c) Promote unity.
(d) Promote maturity.
3. As a child, Miller remembers hearing fairy tales about which animals?
(b) Dwarves and dragons.
4. Who is Miller's intended audience?
(a) Boys only.
(b) Men and women.
5. In Chapter 10, Miller tells the story of giving a talk to a group. What was the subject of this talk?
(c) Faith journey.
(d) Boys raised without fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What audience does Miller address in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 12 on work ethics, Miller uses a story about children to illustrate his point. What does he learn about children?
3. What metaphor does Miller use to describe the role of elders in transferring information to the next generation?
4. How does Miller make up for not having a father to give him information?
5. What does Miller ask God to do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)