|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Work Ethic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miller believe makes one useless in human society?
(a) Resisting authority.
(b) Miller did not address this.
(c) Being too nice to people.
(d) Having an "I don't care" attitude.
2. What does MacMurray believe is his payment for high-quality work?
(a) Everyone pays MacMurray for his best work.
(b) MacMurray does not have to pay for quality work.
(c) Sacrifices in time with his family.
(d) Many failed trips to get pictures.
3. In Chapter 11 on work ethics, what sacrifices does success often require early in one's life?
(a) No sacrifices are required.
(b) People must have many failure at having a loving family.
(c) People must have health and money problems.
(d) People must work long and hard and and have lean years.
4. What is another place where Miller and his mother attempt to find father figures for him?
(a) The police station.
(b) At church.
(c) His school.
(d) The community center.
5. What organization did Miller join in order to develop his idea of manhood?
(a) A gym.
(b) The local YMCA.
(c) A sports club.
(d) Promise Keepers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miller state that a "callused heart toward sin" is?
2. What were MacMurray and Miller going to do when Miller begins to understand the connection between God and fathers?
3. How long does Miller live in his new home in Boring, Oregon?
4. Miller learned a valuable life lesson in Chapter 11 despite the absence of who in his life?
5. Miller uses the story of a girl who met and broke up with several boys in one morning to illustrate his points about girls. How many boys did this girl talk to in this story?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)