|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Belonging.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller describes his mother as being exhausted because of him. He learns the real reason she is exhausted. What is this?
(a) Miller's mother drinks too much.
(b) Miller's mother works too hard.
(c) Because her partner left her as a single mother.
(d) Miller's mother is sick.
2. Who gives Miller the key to his new home?
(a) Terri MacMurray.
(b) Elle MacMurray.
(c) John MacMurray.
(d) Cassie MacMurray.
3. What does Miller read that also helps him to understand importance of a father in a child's fife?
(a) A Bible story.
(b) A magazine article in People Magazine.
(c) A newspaper story in the New York Times.
(d) An autobiography by President Eisenhower.
4. As a child, Miller remembers hearing fairy tales about which animals?
(d) Dwarves and dragons.
5. In Chapter 4, as Miller thinks about his pain as child without a father, what happens to him?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He begins to heal.
(d) He feels sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. MIller learns many lessons from watching the MacMurray family? Which of the following is a lesson that Miller does not learn?
2. Chapter 1 emphasizes what difficulties for boys who grow up without fathers?
3. What does Miller's search to understand himself as a child without a father lead to?
4. What tasks must elephants accomplish when they reach puberty?
5. Why does Miller settle in Boring, Oregon?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)