|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Belonging.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John MacMurray do for a living?
(a) Owns his own business.
(b) Artist and educator.
(c) Teacher and photographer.
(d) Pastor and youth minister.
2. According to Miller, what lesson is a father responsible for instilling in a young child?
(a) The difference between right and wrong.
(b) That the child is worthless.
(c) That the child's existence makes an impact in the world.
(d) That the world is unfair.
3. How long does Miller live in his new home in Boring, Oregon?
(a) A couple of years.
(b) Four months.
(c) Forever. He never leaves.
(d) Four years.
4. As a child, Miller remembers hearing fairy tales about which animals?
(c) Dwarves and dragons.
5. Miller describes his mother as being exhausted because of him. He learns the real reason she is exhausted. What is this?
(a) Miller's mother is sick.
(b) Because her partner left her as a single mother.
(c) Miller's mother drinks too much.
(d) Miller's mother works too hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of class does Miller attend at church in Oregon?
2. The author wants the reader to encourage and relate to what type of men?
3. Is Miller's concern with the social problem of all boys who grow up without fathers?
4. Miller's uses many words to describe his meeting with MacMurray. Which of the following is not a work he used to describe his meeting with MacMurray?
5. True of False: only men who grew up without fathers and boys who are being without fathers will benefit from reading this book.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)