|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Belonging.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlord's son, who attempts to fill in as a father figure on a camping trip, forget?
(a) To show up.
(b) How to light a fire.
(c) Miller's first name.
(d) The tent.
2. What tasks must elephants accomplish when they reach puberty?
(a) They must leave their mother, go into the wild, and seek a male mentor.
(b) They must learn to hunt and feed themselves.
(c) They must mate and have baby elephants.
(d) They must grow new tusks.
3. Miller's mother attempts to find father figures for her son by involving him in which community organization?
(a) Little League.
(b) After school program.
(c) Cub Scouts.
(d) Boy Scouts.
4. Miller writes specifically to appeal to what type of humor?
(a) The author does not write with a sense of humor.
(b) A male sense of humor.
(c) Everyone's sense of humor.
(d) A female sense of humor.
5. How does the ability to accept a spiritual connection between God and fathers help Miller?
(a) It allows Miller to find a father.
(b) It has not impact on Miller.
(c) It helps Miller to feel accepted.
(d) It allows Miller to experience a sense of belonging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miller state that the dragon reminds him of?
2. Who does Miller remember as one of his first successful-father-figure role models in his life?
3. Miller's stories in Chapter 1 seem to highlight what emotions from his childhood?
4. What were MacMurray and Miller going to do when Miller begins to understand the connection between God and fathers?
5. MIller learns many lessons from watching the MacMurray family? Which of the following is a lesson that Miller does not learn?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)