|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Belonging.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John MacMurray do for a living?
(a) Teacher and photographer.
(b) Owns his own business.
(c) Artist and educator.
(d) Pastor and youth minister.
2. How do these stories from Miller's childhood help the reader understand Miller, the author?
(a) They explain his sad childhood.
(b) They offer understanding of his relationship with his mother.
(c) They explain his writing style.
(d) They validate Miller's authority on the subject of fatherless childhood.
3. Writing this book appears to have been what type of experience for the author?
4. Who is Miller's intended audience?
(b) Boys only.
(d) Men and women.
5. What does Miller believe about his relationship with his mother?
(a) That she does not like him.
(b) That it is a very positive relationship.
(c) That he is a burden to her.
(d) That he is lovable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miller state that the dragon reminds him of?
2. What does Miller read that also helps him to understand importance of a father in a child's fife?
3. Who teaches this church class that Miller attends in Boring, Oregon?
4. Why does Miller join a church in Boring, Oregon?
5. How long does Miller live in his new home in Boring, Oregon?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)