|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Making Decisions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miller decides to trust his mentor, what does he let go of?
(a) His dream of finding a man to take the place of his father.
(b) A desire to help others.
(c) His dreams for finding happiness.
(d) A desire for a family of his own.
2. Where are Miller and John MacMurray when Miller first begins to understand the relationship between God and fathers?
(a) At home.
(b) At work.
(c) On a trip up a mountain.
(d) In church.
3. In Chapter 1, Miller discusses several attempts to find a father figure during what part of his life?
(a) His teen age years only.
(b) His birth.
(c) His young adult years only.
(d) His childhood and youth.
4. Miller found the characteristics of a strong male authority figure in whom?
(a) His boss.
(b) John MacMurray, his mentor.
(d) David Gentiles.
5. Which of the following does not help Miller make successful and wise decisions?
(a) Developing goals.
(b) Breaking goals into steps.
(c) Willpower alone.
(d) Following through on the steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this church class meet?
2. Who does Miller remember as one of his first successful-father-figure role models in his life?
3. What does the landlord's son, who attempts to fill in as a father figure on a camping trip, forget?
4. Miller believes that young men should do what in order to make decisions?
5. In Chapter 4, as Miller thinks about his pain as child without a father, what happens to him?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)