|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Julian?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In Miss Alice's sitting room,
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the garden.
2. What does Miss Alice say she has done?
(a) Given up on the lawyer.
(b) Nothing wrong.
(c) Tried to obey, tried to understand, she has tried!
(d) Sold her soul to the devil.
3. What do they discuss?
(a) His role as a lay man.
(b) Whether or not he should leave.
(c) His legal rights.
(d) How much fun they had riding horses today.
4. What does Julian want to do?
(a) Marry Miss Alice.
(b) Serve in some way and be forgotten.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Run away.
5. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
(a) "What shall I do with you, my sweet?"
(b) "You are mine and God's!"
(c) "NO! I can't do this to you!"
(d) "He will be yours! He will be yours! ALICE!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Alice tell him?
2. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
3. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
4. What does the lawyer do to the butler?
5. What is the lawyer trying to do to Alice?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)