|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these two explore?
(a) Miss Alice's mail.
(b) Other options besides hurting Julian.
(c) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
(d) The mansion.
2. What has Julian become during his stay at the mansion?
(a) A man.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A tremendous help.
(d) A priest.
3. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
(a) He is embarrassed for Miss Alice.
(b) He is personally and professionally outraged.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is intrigued.
4. What does Miss Alice do when Julian is still in his dreamlike state, musing on the greatness of sacrifice?
(a) Miss Alice says a prayer for him.
(b) Miss Alice moves behind him, her arms around his neck, and then on his chest, urging him to come to her in his sacrifice.
(c) Miss Alice leaves him.
(d) Miss Alice humiliates him even further.
5. What does the butler say about Miss Alice?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is in love with Julian.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She will rise above her human qualities and do her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the lawyer and butler say that Julian has been looking?
2. What does Julian fear?
3. What does Miss Alice do after the lawyer leaves her?
4. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
5. What does Miss Alice ask Julian to do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)