|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian do as she beckons him to come to her?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He runs away from her.
(c) He crawls slowly to her.
(d) He continues to plead for sacrifice.
2. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
(a) He violently grabs Miss Alice by the wrist and forces her to the floor.
(b) He kisses Miss Alice.
(c) He tells Miss Alice to follow the other two men.
(d) He leaves.
3. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
(a) If she is alright.
(b) Where the lawyer ran off to.
(c) How there could be flames in both the model of the chapel and the real chapel.
(d) If she would like to have some wine.
4. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
(a) Be angry with the lawyer.
(b) She will run away with Julian.
(c) Her job.
(d) Return soon.
5. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
(a) She is calm and seems a bit amused at his advances.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She panics.
(d) She begins to scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what topic of discomfort does Julian move?
2. What does Miss Alice think about the lawyer's hair on his back, the fat between his shoulder blades, even his genitalia?
3. In what do the two men relish?
4. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
5. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)