|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Alice recite?
(a) D.H. Lawrence's Love on the Farm.
(b) Her wedding vows in the form of a poem.
(c) A scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A poem she had written.
2. What does Miss Alice think about the lawyer's hair on his back, the fat between his shoulder blades, even his genitalia?
(a) She loves every part of him.
(b) She finds them revolting.
(c) They are unusual for a man.
(d) She finds them to be odd.
3. What does the butler say about Miss Alice?
(a) She will rise above her human qualities and do her job.
(b) She is in love with Julian.
(c) She is missing.
(d) She is upset.
4. Into what does Julian launch as he describes in intimate detail the experience of a Christian being fed to a lion?
(a) A dream.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) One of his religious, hallucinatory states.
(d) A seizure.
5. What does Julian remember about the Welsh man?
(a) The juice his farm produced.
(b) How good he was with horses.
(c) The incredible tufts of black hair on his fingers.
(d) How handsome he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are they discussing as Julian enters the library?
2. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
3. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
4. What has Julian become during his stay at the mansion?
5. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)