|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the butler suggest that it is probably time for the lawyer to do?
(a) Seduce Julian.
(c) Find Miss Alice.
(d) Visit the Cardinal again.
2. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
(a) He begins to sob.
(b) He screams her name.
(c) He takes a deep breath.
(d) He gives a sort of dying cry.
3. What happens as Miss Alice spreads her arms?
(a) He begins to grow stronger.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He begins to grow fearful.
(d) He begins to weaken.
4. What is Miss Alice saying when the other men are gone?
(a) Nothing. She cries.
(c) She says Julian's name and then is silent.
(d) A monologue.
5. Who is the butler playing?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The underdog.
(c) The devil's advocate.
(d) The black pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they all peer into the model?
2. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
3. For what do the lawyer and butler say that Julian has been looking?
4. What does Miss Alice do after the lawyer leaves her?
5. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)