|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer demand that the butler do?
(a) Make up a bed for him.
(b) Put flowers in a vase for him.
(c) Make him dinner.
(d) Keep an eye on Miss Alice and Julian at all times.
2. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
(a) He begins to sob.
(b) He takes a deep breath.
(c) He gives a sort of dying cry.
(d) He screams her name.
3. What does the butler pretend?
(a) Dinner has already been served.
(b) He does not know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
(c) There is no place for him to take a nap.
(d) He does not hear the lawyer.
4. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
(a) "You are mine and God's!"
(b) "What shall I do with you, my sweet?"
(c) "NO! I can't do this to you!"
(d) "He will be yours! He will be yours! ALICE!"
5. How does the scene end?
(a) The two men search for Miss Alice.
(b) With the two men wondering if Julian will survive.
(c) The men are laughing about their plot to destroy Julian.
(d) The men see the model of the mansion begin to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are they discussing as Julian enters the library?
2. In what do the two men relish?
3. What does Julian want to do?
4. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
5. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)