|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) He wants her.
(c) To watch her step.
(d) To go after her precious Julian.
2. Where is Julian?
(a) In Miss Alice's sitting room,
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the garden.
3. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
(a) He is embarrassed for Miss Alice.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is personally and professionally outraged.
(d) He is intrigued.
4. In what do the two men relish?
(a) The idea of telling Miss Alice they are no longer interested in her plan.
(b) The idea of telling Julian about their plans, to see his reaction.
(c) The idea of telling Miss Alice that Julian does not like him.
(d) The idea of telling His Eminence that the precious Julian will soon be taken from him.
5. What does Julian beg of Miss Alice?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To please not leave him.
(c) To please stay away from him.
(d) To hold him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Miss Alice spreads her arms?
2. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
3. To whom is he talking?
4. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
5. What are almost too much for him to avoid any longer?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)