|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the lawyer and butler say that Julian has been looking?
(a) A ride back to the asylum.
(b) Intimacy and love.
(c) A home.
2. What do the men wonder about the Cardinal, since he is, after all, a man of God, even though he seems to worship the symbol and not the substance?
(a) Can he take being told the full truth?
(b) Will he take Julian's side?
(c) Does he love Miss Alice?
(d) Will he go through with the plan?
3. What does Julian do as she beckons him to come to her?
(a) He crawls slowly to her.
(b) He runs away from her.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He continues to plead for sacrifice.
4. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
(a) He begins to sob.
(b) He screams her name.
(c) He gives a sort of dying cry.
(d) He takes a deep breath.
5. Where is the scene set?
(a) In the garden.
(b) The library of the mansion.
(c) In Miss Alice's bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
2. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
3. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
4. What does Miss Alice tell him?
5. What does the butler pretend?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)