|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
(a) She panics.
(b) She is calm and seems a bit amused at his advances.
(c) She begins to scream.
(d) She kisses him.
2. What does the butler say when at last he softens?
(a) He will cut fresh flowers for the lawyer.
(b) He will cook him dinner.
(c) He will make up a bed for him.
(d) They will have Julian very soon now.
3. What about the butler infuriates the lawyer even further?
(a) His indifference.
(b) His disrespect.
(c) His rude behavior.
(d) His crude humor.
4. What do these two explore?
(a) The mansion.
(b) Miss Alice's mail.
(c) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
(d) Other options besides hurting Julian.
5. What does Julian beg of Miss Alice?
(a) To please not leave him.
(b) To please stay away from him.
(c) To hold him.
(d) To marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lawyer trying to do to Alice?
2. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
3. Where is the scene set?
4. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
5. To what topic of discomfort does Julian move?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)