|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this scene open?
(a) It is set in the mansion's chapel during a service.
(b) It is set in the mansion's library and opens with no one on stage.
(c) It is set in the mansion's garden at a party.
(d) It is set in the Cardinal's inner rooms.
2. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
(a) The movement was in the chapel.
(b) It is the chapel that is engulfed in flames.
(c) Julian forgot a gift for Miss Alice.
(d) It is the most beautiful location.
3. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He kisses Miss Alice.
(c) He tells Miss Alice to follow the other two men.
(d) He violently grabs Miss Alice by the wrist and forces her to the floor.
4. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
(a) He will marry her.
(b) He will never be a priest.
(c) He is serving.
(d) He cannot run away.
5. What do they discuss?
(a) His role as a lay man.
(b) His legal rights.
(c) How much fun they had riding horses today.
(d) Whether or not he should leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
2. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
3. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
4. What are they discussing as Julian enters the library?
5. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)