|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do the two original characters banter a while longer?
(a) Their careers.
(b) Miss Alice's purpose for her donation.
(c) Each other's childhood nicknames.
(d) The vice that money can be.
2. Who is cooing and talking to the birds, trying to engage them to interact with him?
(a) Miss Alice.
(b) The Cardinal.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What species of bird is in the birdcage?
4. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
(a) He woke up one morning and no longer had faith.
(b) It was a slow, gradual, and painful loss.
(c) He let contact with his faith slip away, seeding a deep sadness.
(d) He lost his faith when his parents died.
5. Who delights in the lawyer's discomfort?
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) Miss Alice.
(d) The birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first man insinuate about the second man?
2. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
3. What becomes evident about the two men as the conversation shifts?
4. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
5. Julian is intrigued by the butler's coincidence. How does the Butler feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julian's initial encounter with Miss Alice.
2. How does the butler act, when he walks in on Miss Alice and the lawyer?
3. Why does the lawyer enter the room?
4. What had Julian assumed about their departure? What does he now realize?
5. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
6. What do the lawyer and butler do to Julian? What is Julian's response?
7. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
8. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
9. What does the lawyer do to Miss Alice, when the other two men leave?
10. What does the lawyer do to fend off his embarrassment?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)