|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do the two original characters banter a while longer?
(a) Miss Alice's purpose for her donation.
(b) Each other's childhood nicknames.
(c) Their careers.
(d) The vice that money can be.
2. When the lawyer enters the room to join in the dialogue, what is established?
(a) The lawyer and the butler are friends.
(b) Julian is a priest.
(c) Julian is not ordained.
(d) The lawyer and the butler are brothers.
3. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
(a) His relationship with the Cardinal.
(b) His training in the priesthood.
(c) His background.
(d) His interest in birds.
4. Why is Julian part of this trio?
(a) They want Julian to feel comfortable around them.
(b) The lawyer has such disdain for the Cardinal that the lawyer does not want the Cardinal's personal participation in the activities related to Miss Alice's grant to the church.
(c) Julian would make a good addition to their group.
(d) They believe Miss Alice would enjoy his company.
5. What is said about the appropriateness of the two cardinals?
(a) There should be two in such close quarters in that particular location.
(b) They are the same color as the Cardinal.
(c) They are best friends, just like the lawyer and Cardinal.
(d) They are as dull as the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian respond?
2. Why does Miss Alice play this game?
3. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
4. Why does the lawyer comment to Miss Alice, "that will be our bird of prey?"
5. Who delights in the lawyer's discomfort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Julian assumed about their departure? What does he now realize?
2. What does the lawyer say about Miss Alice and Julian?
3. Why is the lawyer infuriated with the butler?
4. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
5. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
6. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
7. How does the Cardinal respond to the lawyer's insults?
8. What makes Julian more and more frustrated wit h Miss Alice?
9. What do the two men relish?
10. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)