|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
(a) They must attend church regularly.
(b) They create a false God in their own image.
(c) They must evangelize.
(d) They must pray to God and confess their sins.
2. Who does Julian describe as a quiet, plain woman with soft features; one year or so on either side of forty, married to the owner of a dry goods store?
(a) A woman that worked at the asylum.
(b) A woman he befriended.
(c) A woman in the asylum who thinks she is the Virgin Mary.
(d) His cellmate.
3. How did Julian struggle?
(a) Making friends with children at school.
(b) He felt alone growing up in the orphanage.
(c) Mentally and spiritually over the Nature of God.
(d) Leaving his wife and child to join the priesthood.
4. Why does Julian ask whether or not someone will soon be available?
(a) To confess his sins.
(b) To get a tour of the garden.
(c) To take photographs of him and the birds.
(d) To see him for his appointment.
5. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
(a) Have you slept with many women?
(b) Why do you want to be a priest?
(c) Do you find me attractive?
(d) Will you sleep with me?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do they continue to rib each other?
2. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
3. What is the most intriguing element?
4. How does the scene end?
5. How does Miss Alice challenge Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
2. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
3. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
4. What does the lawyer say how the Cardinal's caged birds?
5. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
6. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
7. What does Julian do when the lawyer moves to take his leave?
8. What makes Julian more and more frustrated wit h Miss Alice?
9. Why does the lawyer enter the room?
10. Why is Julian confused?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)