|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, at last, occurs?
(a) A break in this ugly dialogue.
(b) A fight.
(c) They stop fighting and apologize.
(d) They cry and hug.
2. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
(a) He let contact with his faith slip away, seeding a deep sadness.
(b) He lost his faith when his parents died.
(c) He woke up one morning and no longer had faith.
(d) It was a slow, gradual, and painful loss.
3. What is Julian?
(a) A lay brother.
(b) An evangelist.
(c) A priest.
(d) A member of the church choir.
4. How does Julian respond?
(a) He tells them all he knows about birds.
(b) With the details of training to become a priest.
(c) By saying that the past six years of his life were blank but not black.
(d) That he is friends with the Cardinal.
5. Who was Saint Francis?
(a) A friend to all animals who often talked to creatures, even birds of the sky.
(b) A martyr burned at the stake.
(c) A man who hunted wild animals.
(d) A pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play open?
2. How does Julian respond to Miss Alice's game?
3. How does this observer address the man who is cooing at the birds?
4. What kind of conversation does the trio enter?
5. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julian confused?
2. Why does the lawyer enter the room?
3. Describe the setting.
4. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
5. About what is Julian astonished?
6. What does Julian believe?
7. What does the butler tell the lawyer, after he softens?
8. How does this scene end?
9. What does Miss Alice reveal to Julian?
10. How does the butler act, when he walks in on Miss Alice and the lawyer?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)