|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, at last, occurs?
(a) They cry and hug.
(b) A break in this ugly dialogue.
(c) They stop fighting and apologize.
(d) A fight.
2. What would Miss Alice like to do for the church?
(a) Teach Sunday school.
(b) Donate her time to a charity.
(c) Give a huge donation.
(d) Make new clothing for the priests.
3. What does Julian confide about a period during his stay at the asylum?
(a) When he began to hallucinate and withdraw to a point where he was not certain when his mind was tricking him or when it was not.
(b) He fell in love with one of the guards.
(c) He would not talk to anyone or eat anything.
(d) When he asked to leave, they put him in a single, dark cell.
4. Who is cooing and talking to the birds, trying to engage them to interact with him?
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Miss Alice.
(d) The Cardinal.
5. What is in massive scale?
(a) The crosses.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The room.
(d) The chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play open?
2. What kind of conversation does the trio enter?
3. How does Miss Alice challenge Julian?
4. What do the two discuss?
5. Why is Julian confused about Miss Alice's deafness, withered face, and gray and white matted hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
2. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
3. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
4. How does the ugly dialogue break?
5. What does the butler carry into the library?
6. Who does the butler suggest the lawyer visit? Why?
7. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
8. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
9. What does the butler tell the lawyer, after he softens?
10. What does Julian believe?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)