|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, at last, occurs?
(a) A fight.
(b) A break in this ugly dialogue.
(c) They stop fighting and apologize.
(d) They cry and hug.
2. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
(a) He knows Julian is friends with the Cardinal.
(b) He is satisfied with Julian's information.
(c) He cannot contain his hatred.
(d) He is bored by Julian's responses.
3. What does Julian think about how men use God?
(a) He tries not to think about it.
(b) He is outraged by it.
(c) He is not bothered by it.
(d) He struggles with it.
4. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
(a) They must evangelize.
(b) They must attend church regularly.
(c) They create a false God in their own image.
(d) They must pray to God and confess their sins.
5. What do the two discuss?
(a) The colors of the birds.
(b) The merits of the model, as well as the intention and purpose of having such a work created.
(c) The beauty of the flowers.
(d) The detail of the crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this observer address the man who is cooing at the birds?
2. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
3. What does Miss Alice say about the chairs in the various rooms?
4. Julian says "It is God the mover, not God ______________."
5. " God the creator, not the God _______________," he says.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Julian leaves the room?
2. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
3. What does Miss Alice do when Julian becomes embarrassed?
4. How does this scene end?
5. What does the lawyer say about Miss Alice and Julian?
6. What does the butler tell the lawyer, after he softens?
7. What is the most intriguing element of the room?
8. What does the lawyer do when he is satisfied with Julian's response?
9. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
10. Where are Miss Alice and Julian? About what do they discuss?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)