|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
(a) She is burdened with too much wealth.
(b) She wants to give back to the needy.
(c) She loves children.
(d) She loves to sew.
2. Julian is intrigued by the butler's coincidence. How does the Butler feel?
(a) Just as excited.
(c) Nonplussed about almost everything.
(d) Unsure about Julian.
3. Why is Julian confused about Miss Alice's deafness, withered face, and gray and white matted hair?
(a) He wonders why she is not in a facility for the elderly.
(b) He was told by the Cardinal that the woman was neither ill nor old.
(c) He did not realize how sorry he would feel for her.
(d) He is surprised she has no nurse to assist her.
4. Why is Julian part of this trio?
(a) They believe Miss Alice would enjoy his company.
(b) They want Julian to feel comfortable around them.
(c) The lawyer has such disdain for the Cardinal that the lawyer does not want the Cardinal's personal participation in the activities related to Miss Alice's grant to the church.
(d) Julian would make a good addition to their group.
5. " God the creator, not the God _______________," he says.
(a) Who destroys.
(b) Of creation.
(c) Who hates.
(d) Created by man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would she like to do for the church for twenty years?
2. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
3. What kind of conversation does the trio enter?
4. What does the first man not leave without?
5. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Alice reveal to Julian?
2. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
3. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
4. What is the most intriguing element of the room?
5. What idea do the two men explore, regarding the Cardinal?
6. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
7. Describe the upstairs sitting room of the castle.
8. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
9. What does the butler carry into the library?
10. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)