|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
(a) His name is also Julian.
(b) He is at Julian's service.
(c) He does not enjoy being a butler.
(d) His name, as well as his occupation, is Butler.
2. What happens to the conversation.
(a) It turns into a brawl.
(b) It suddenly ends.
(c) It settles down.
(d) It gets even uglier.
3. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
(a) She wants to give back to the needy.
(b) She loves to sew.
(c) She loves children.
(d) She is burdened with too much wealth.
4. What is Miss Alice's response when the lawyer proceeds to introduce Julian to her for the first time?
(a) She responds enthusiastically.
(b) She does not respond.
(c) She coldy offers her hand.
(d) She hugs him.
5. How does Miss Alice say hello?
(a) In a soft, smooth voice.
(b) In a bright, cheery voice.
(c) In a piercing, high-pitched voice.
(d) In a cracked and ancient voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the second person react?
2. About what do they continue to rib each other?
3. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
4. How does the scene end?
5. What does Julian think about how men use God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the lawyer enter the room?
2. How does Julian feel about the way the conversation with the butler is going? What does he want to know?
3. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
4. Describe Julian's initial encounter with Miss Alice.
5. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
6. Why is Julian confused?
7. What does the butler tell the lawyer, after he softens?
8. How does the scene end?
9. How does this scene open? Describe the room.
10. Where are Miss Alice and Julian? About what do they discuss?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)