|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scene end?
(a) The lawyer, Cardinal, and Miss Alice plot.
(b) The lawyer goes back to talking to the birds.
(c) As the Cardinal coos to the birds, asking if they are able to comfort each other.
(d) Miss Alice asks the birds to help her deal with the plans she has in mind.
2. To what are the second man's words compared?
(a) Brown, sticky, smelly mud.
(b) The exaggerated sneer of the animal in question.
(c) A growl.
(d) Nails down a chalkboard.
3. Why does Miss Alice begin a flirtatious conversation asking if he had been intimidated by herself or the lawyer, and if he had liked the butler?
(a) In order to show she cares about him.
(b) To make him feel more uncomfortable.
(c) To encourage him to leave.
(d) In order to draw him out of himself a bit.
4. Why does Julian ask whether or not someone will soon be available?
(a) To take photographs of him and the birds.
(b) To confess his sins.
(c) To get a tour of the garden.
(d) To see him for his appointment.
5. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
(a) Miss Alice.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
2. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
3. What does the first man insinuate about the second man?
4. What will Julian do for Miss Alice?
5. When the lawyer enters the room to join in the dialogue, what is established?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Julian leaves the room?
2. What does Julian do when the lawyer moves to take his leave?
3. How does Julian feel about Miss Alice's topic of discussion? How does he respond?
4. How does this scene end?
5. What does Julian do when the lawyer leaves?
6. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
7. What does Miss Alice do when Julian becomes embarrassed?
8. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
9. What do the two men relish?
10. What becomes evident about the two men? How do you know this?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)