|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Miss Alice like to do for the church?
(a) Donate her time to a charity.
(b) Give a huge donation.
(c) Teach Sunday school.
(d) Make new clothing for the priests.
2. What does the first man not leave without?
(a) Making a rude comment to Miss Alice.
(b) Hugging the second man.
(c) Kissing Miss Alice on the cheek.
(d) A snide comment or two.
3. What is the most intriguing element?
(a) The crucifix hanging above the altar.
(b) A huge dollhouse model of the mansion.
(c) The fountain in the middle of the garden.
(d) The cardinals flying around.
4. Why does Julian ask whether or not someone will soon be available?
(a) To confess his sins.
(b) To get a tour of the garden.
(c) To see him for his appointment.
(d) To take photographs of him and the birds.
5. How does Miss Alice say hello?
(a) In a piercing, high-pitched voice.
(b) In a soft, smooth voice.
(c) In a cracked and ancient voice.
(d) In a bright, cheery voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the two continue to insult one another?
2. How does the second person make his insult more insulting?
3. What does Julian say he heard on that night in the asylum?
4. Why is Julian part of this trio?
5. What does Miss Alice do when Julian tries to explain one more time that there is nothing much to tell, and it is simply a matter of his faith in God leaving him, and he committed himself to an asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julian confused?
2. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
3. What does the lawyer do when he is satisfied with Julian's response?
4. Describe the setting.
5. What does the lawyer do to Miss Alice, when the other two men leave?
6. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
7. What does Julian believe?
8. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
9. What does Miss Alice say about Julian's memory? To what does this lead?
10. What does the Cardinal tell Julian to accept? How does Julian respond?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)