|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do the two original characters banter a while longer?
(a) Miss Alice's purpose for her donation.
(b) The vice that money can be.
(c) Each other's childhood nicknames.
(d) Their careers.
2. With what is Julian not comfortable?
(a) This conceptual style of conversation.
(b) The many bird species in the estuary.
(c) The detailed discussion of the garden's plant varieties.
(d) The discussion of the crucifix.
3. Why is it appropriate?
(a) Because the birds understand each other so much better than would birds of any other kind.
(b) They are cardinals, just like the Cardinal.
(c) The lawyer and the Cardinal are friends that have grown up in the same household.
(d) The Cardinal is no more intelligent than a bird.
4. What does Julian admit to the butler when the lawyer leaves?
(a) He grew up in London.
(b) He has a wife and child in the country.
(c) He was orphaned as a child.
(d) The blank six years of his life were spent in an insane asylum.
5. Who enters the courtyard through an iron gate and moves quietly toward the man and watches him with mild amusement?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Miss Alice.
(d) The Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are of the expected variety in a place of this grandeur?
2. For whom is the larger of the two chairs?
3. To what building's architecture is this building compared?
4. What is said about the appropriateness of the two cardinals?
5. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Miss Alice, when she enters the scene?
2. What does the lawyer say about Miss Alice and Julian?
3. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
4. Describe the setting.
5. What is happening to Alice as the scene begins?
6. How does Julian feel about the way the conversation with the butler is going? What does he want to know?
7. What does Miss Alice say about Julian's memory? To what does this lead?
8. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
9. What do the two men relish?
10. What does the lawyer do when he enters?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)