|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is cooing and talking to the birds, trying to engage them to interact with him?
(a) Miss Alice.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) The Cardinal.
2. Not to be outdone, what does the second person sling back?
(a) Mud from the garden.
(b) Comments about the lawyer's family.
(c) Remarks about the lawyer's career.
(d) The name the school children had for the lawyer, Hyena.
3. What does Julian admit to the butler when the lawyer leaves?
(a) The blank six years of his life were spent in an insane asylum.
(b) He has a wife and child in the country.
(c) He grew up in London.
(d) He was orphaned as a child.
4. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
(a) His name is also Julian.
(b) He does not enjoy being a butler.
(c) His name, as well as his occupation, is Butler.
(d) He is at Julian's service.
5. What is Julian?
(a) An evangelist.
(b) A member of the church choir.
(c) A priest.
(d) A lay brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. What does Julian think about how men use God?
3. What does the Butler point out?
4. To what are the second man's words compared?
5. What is the most intriguing element?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Alice do when Julian becomes embarrassed?
2. How is Julian's behavior similar to when he was at the asylum?
3. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
4. How does this scene end?
5. What had Julian assumed about their departure? What does he now realize?
6. What becomes evident about the two men? How do you know this?
7. What does Julian believe?
8. Why is Julian confused?
9. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
10. What is the most intriguing element of the room?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)