|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
(a) His name, as well as his occupation, is Butler.
(b) He is at Julian's service.
(c) He does not enjoy being a butler.
(d) His name is also Julian.
2. How does the man react at having been discovered cooing to the caged birds?
(b) Flustered and a bit embarrassed.
(d) Not surprised.
3. About what do they continue to rib each other?
(a) Their strange clothing.
(b) Their mistresses.
(c) Their love of birds.
(d) Their school yard nicknames.
4. What does the Butler point out?
(a) The cardinals control the behavior of the other birds.
(b) If Julian were to look into the window of the model, an exact duplicate of the room in which they stand can be seen with every detail intact, even down to the brass candlesticks.
(c) The crucifix is exactly perpendicular to the altar.
(d) The garden is completely symmetrical.
5. Who is cooing and talking to the birds, trying to engage them to interact with him?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The Cardinal.
(d) Miss Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in massive scale?
2. What does Julian think about how men use God?
3. Why does Julian ask whether or not someone will soon be available?
4. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
5. Where does this scene open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the upstairs sitting room of the castle.
2. How does their animosity become clearer?
3. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
4. What does Julian do when the lawyer moves to take his leave?
5. What does the butler carry into the library?
6. How is Julian's behavior similar to when he was at the asylum?
7. Describe Julian's initial encounter with Miss Alice.
8. About what is Julian astonished?
9. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
10. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)