|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
(a) His background.
(b) His relationship with the Cardinal.
(c) His training in the priesthood.
(d) His interest in birds.
2. About what do they continue to rib each other?
(a) Their love of birds.
(b) Their mistresses.
(c) Their strange clothing.
(d) Their school yard nicknames.
3. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
(a) She is burdened with too much wealth.
(b) She wants to give back to the needy.
(c) She loves to sew.
(d) She loves children.
4. Because the mansion is so large, what must she do?
(a) Keep track of all the furniture, to make sure none goes missing.
(b) Feel ownership of at least one item in each room.
(c) Hire someone to clean it.
(d) Spend a day in each room to feel that it is used.
5. How does Miss Alice say hello?
(a) In a soft, smooth voice.
(b) In a piercing, high-pitched voice.
(c) In a cracked and ancient voice.
(d) In a bright, cheery voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two discuss?
2. Where does this scene open?
3. Who does Julian say he found crying, "Help me, help me... help me, oh God, God, help me... oh help, help?"
4. What does the first man not leave without?
5. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
2. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
3. About what is Julian astonished?
4. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
5. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
6. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
7. What do the lawyer and butler do to Julian? What is Julian's response?
8. What does the lawyer say about Miss Alice and Julian?
9. How does this scene open? Describe the room.
10. What becomes evident about the two men? How do you know this?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)