|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most intriguing element?
(a) A huge dollhouse model of the mansion.
(b) The crucifix hanging above the altar.
(c) The cardinals flying around.
(d) The fountain in the middle of the garden.
2. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
(a) He woke up one morning and no longer had faith.
(b) He let contact with his faith slip away, seeding a deep sadness.
(c) He lost his faith when his parents died.
(d) It was a slow, gradual, and painful loss.
3. Why is Julian confused about Miss Alice's deafness, withered face, and gray and white matted hair?
(a) He did not realize how sorry he would feel for her.
(b) He wonders why she is not in a facility for the elderly.
(c) He is surprised she has no nurse to assist her.
(d) He was told by the Cardinal that the woman was neither ill nor old.
4. When the lawyer enters the room to join in the dialogue, what is established?
(a) Julian is not ordained.
(b) The lawyer and the butler are brothers.
(c) Julian is a priest.
(d) The lawyer and the butler are friends.
5. How does Julian respond to Miss Alice's game?
(a) With astonishment.
(b) With embarrassment.
(c) With desire.
(d) With anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Alice play this game?
2. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
3. What is said about the appropriateness of the two cardinals?
4. How does the butler feel about listening to Julian?
5. Why is Julian part of this trio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes evident about the two men? How do you know this?
2. What does Miss Alice reveal to Julian?
3. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
4. How is Miss Alice, when she enters the scene?
5. Why is Julian confused?
6. Where are Miss Alice and Julian? About what do they discuss?
7. How does the ugly dialogue break?
8. What happens when Julian leaves the room?
9. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
10. How does the butler act, when he walks in on Miss Alice and the lawyer?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)