|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because the mansion is so large, what must she do?
(a) Hire someone to clean it.
(b) Feel ownership of at least one item in each room.
(c) Spend a day in each room to feel that it is used.
(d) Keep track of all the furniture, to make sure none goes missing.
2. What do the two discuss about the details of this creation?
(a) When the church was built.
(b) Whether or not there might be another model of the room inside the model's library, and so on and so on.
(c) Whether or not there is a more beautiful garden in the country.
(d) How many birds are in the estuary.
3. Julian says "It is God the mover, not God ______________."
(a) The puppet.
(b) The shaker.
(c) The maker.
(d) The frozen.
4. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
(a) The Cardinal.
(b) The lawyer.
(d) Miss Alice.
5. What is Miss Alice's response when the lawyer proceeds to introduce Julian to her for the first time?
(a) She responds enthusiastically.
(b) She coldy offers her hand.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She does not respond.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the larger of the two chairs?
2. What will Julian do for Miss Alice?
3. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
4. Why is Julian confused about Miss Alice's deafness, withered face, and gray and white matted hair?
5. Why does Miss Alice play this game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Julian assumed about their departure? What does he now realize?
2. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
3. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
4. What makes Julian more and more frustrated wit h Miss Alice?
5. What idea do the two men explore, regarding the Cardinal?
6. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
7. What does the lawyer do when he enters?
8. How does this scene end?
9. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
10. What does Julian believe?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)