Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
(a) He moves to escort Julian to see Miss Alice.
(b) He tells Julian it is time to leave.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He answers the door.
2. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
(a) Have you slept with many women?
(b) Will you sleep with me?
(c) Why do you want to be a priest?
(d) Do you find me attractive?
3. About what do they continue to rib each other?
(a) Their strange clothing.
(b) Their school yard nicknames.
(c) Their mistresses.
(d) Their love of birds.
4. How does the man react at having been discovered cooing to the caged birds?
(a) Not surprised.
(d) Flustered and a bit embarrassed.
5. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The Cardinal.
(d) Miss Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
2. What do the two discuss about the details of this creation?
3. To what are the second man's words compared?
4. What does Julian say he heard on that night in the asylum?
5. Not to be outdone, what does the second person sling back?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is Julian astonished?
2. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
3. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
4. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
5. Describe the upstairs sitting room of the castle.
6. How does their animosity become clearer?
7. How does this scene open? Describe the room.
8. Why is the lawyer infuriated with the butler?
9. Where are Miss Alice and Julian? About what do they discuss?
10. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)