|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is cooing and talking to the birds, trying to engage them to interact with him?
(a) Miss Alice.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) A lawyer.
2. What does the butler do?
(a) Writes down the measurements.
(b) Dusts the model.
(c) Enters and agrees that the model is an extraordinary piece of work.
(d) Teases the Cardinal.
3. What does Julian find ironic about staying in the section of the asylum that is for people who are only mildly troubled?
(a) Most of the people there have severe mental illness.
(b) All mental illness is serious.
(c) Those staying in this section had no mental illness.
(d) He never considered the fleeing of faith a mild matter.
4. What is Julian?
(a) An evangelist.
(b) A lay brother.
(c) A priest.
(d) A member of the church choir.
5. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
(a) She loves children.
(b) She loves to sew.
(c) She wants to give back to the needy.
(d) She is burdened with too much wealth.
6. What species of bird is in the birdcage?
7. When the lawyer enters the room to join in the dialogue, what is established?
(a) Julian is not ordained.
(b) The lawyer and the butler are brothers.
(c) The lawyer and the butler are friends.
(d) Julian is a priest.
8. Why is it appropriate?
(a) They are cardinals, just like the Cardinal.
(b) The lawyer and the Cardinal are friends that have grown up in the same household.
(c) Because the birds understand each other so much better than would birds of any other kind.
(d) The Cardinal is no more intelligent than a bird.
9. Because the mansion is so large, what must she do?
(a) Feel ownership of at least one item in each room.
(b) Keep track of all the furniture, to make sure none goes missing.
(c) Spend a day in each room to feel that it is used.
(d) Hire someone to clean it.
10. What does Julian admit to the butler when the lawyer leaves?
(a) The blank six years of his life were spent in an insane asylum.
(b) He grew up in London.
(c) He was orphaned as a child.
(d) He has a wife and child in the country.
11. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
(a) The Cardinal.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) Miss Alice.
12. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
(a) Will you sleep with me?
(b) Have you slept with many women?
(c) Why do you want to be a priest?
(d) Do you find me attractive?
13. To what are the second man's words compared?
(a) A growl.
(b) Brown, sticky, smelly mud.
(c) The exaggerated sneer of the animal in question.
(d) Nails down a chalkboard.
14. What is Miss Alice's response when the lawyer proceeds to introduce Julian to her for the first time?
(a) She coldy offers her hand.
(b) She does not respond.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She responds enthusiastically.
15. Who enters the courtyard through an iron gate and moves quietly toward the man and watches him with mild amusement?
(a) Miss Alice.
(c) The Cardinal.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Miss Alice like to do for the church?
2. Julian says "It is God the mover, not God ______________."
3. What do the two discuss about the details of this creation?
4. What will Julian do for Miss Alice?
5. What are both the butler and the lawyer, who have known each other for some time, quite eager to do?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)