Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
(a) He moves to escort Julian to see Miss Alice.
(b) He tells Julian it is time to leave.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He answers the door.
2. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
(a) Have you slept with many women?
(b) Will you sleep with me?
(c) Why do you want to be a priest?
(d) Do you find me attractive?
3. About what do they continue to rib each other?
(a) Their strange clothing.
(b) Their school yard nicknames.
(c) Their mistresses.
(d) Their love of birds.
4. How does the man react at having been discovered cooing to the caged birds?
(a) Not surprised.
(d) Flustered and a bit embarrassed.
5. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The Cardinal.
(d) Miss Alice.
6. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
(a) His interest in birds.
(b) His relationship with the Cardinal.
(c) His training in the priesthood.
(d) His background.
7. What do the two discuss about the details of this creation?
(a) When the church was built.
(b) Whether or not there is a more beautiful garden in the country.
(c) Whether or not there might be another model of the room inside the model's library, and so on and so on.
(d) How many birds are in the estuary.
8. To what are the second man's words compared?
(a) The exaggerated sneer of the animal in question.
(b) A growl.
(c) Nails down a chalkboard.
(d) Brown, sticky, smelly mud.
9. What does Julian say he heard on that night in the asylum?
(b) Cries or sobbing.
(c) Cats meowing.
(d) Rain falling on the roof.
10. Not to be outdone, what does the second person sling back?
(a) Mud from the garden.
(b) Comments about the lawyer's family.
(c) The name the school children had for the lawyer, Hyena.
(d) Remarks about the lawyer's career.
11. Why does Alice want to do this for the church?
(a) She loves to sew.
(b) She wants to give back to the needy.
(c) She loves children.
(d) She is burdened with too much wealth.
12. Who delights in the lawyer's discomfort?
(b) Miss Alice.
(c) The Cardinal.
(d) The birds.
13. What becomes clearer as the first person becomes more verbal and forthright about the second?
(a) The connection between the two.
(b) The animosity.
(c) The love.
(d) The curiosity.
14. Julian is intrigued by the butler's coincidence. How does the Butler feel?
(a) Just as excited.
(c) Nonplussed about almost everything.
(d) Unsure about Julian.
15. How does the second person make his insult more insulting?
(a) He draws it out in his speech dramatically.
(b) She throws more mud.
(c) He makes the same comment over and over again.
(d) He throws more mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Alice's response when the lawyer proceeds to introduce Julian to her for the first time?
2. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
3. How does this observer address the man who is cooing at the birds?
4. How does the scene end?
5. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)