|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Julian do for Miss Alice?
(a) Love her.
(b) Allow her to stay in her home.
(c) Train her to be a priest.
(d) Take care of the menial details of her philanthropic bargain.
2. What does Julian admit to the butler when the lawyer leaves?
(a) The blank six years of his life were spent in an insane asylum.
(b) He grew up in London.
(c) He was orphaned as a child.
(d) He has a wife and child in the country.
3. What do they wonder if they should tell the Cardinal?
(a) That the Cardinal will not get any of the money.
(b) About Miss Alice's relationship with Julian.
(c) That Julian is out of the conspiracy.
(d) About the model of the mansion.
4. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
(a) He woke up one morning and no longer had faith.
(b) He let contact with his faith slip away, seeding a deep sadness.
(c) It was a slow, gradual, and painful loss.
(d) He lost his faith when his parents died.
5. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
(a) If she is alright.
(b) If she would like to have some wine.
(c) How there could be flames in both the model of the chapel and the real chapel.
(d) Where the lawyer ran off to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are both the butler and the lawyer, who have known each other for some time, quite eager to do?
2. In what do the two men then engage?
3. For whom is the larger of the two chairs?
4. What do the two men explore about Julian?
5. What does the lawyer demand when he enters?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)