|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the play open?
(a) In the garden of a Cardinal of the Catholic Church.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) In Miss Alice's garden.
(d) In a Catholic Church.
2. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is intrigued.
(c) He is embarrassed for Miss Alice.
(d) He is personally and professionally outraged.
3. How does this observer address the man who is cooing at the birds?
(a) Saint Michael.
(d) Saint Francis.
4. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
(a) They must evangelize.
(b) They create a false God in their own image.
(c) They must attend church regularly.
(d) They must pray to God and confess their sins.
5. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
(a) It is the most beautiful location.
(b) It is the chapel that is engulfed in flames.
(c) The movement was in the chapel.
(d) Julian forgot a gift for Miss Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
2. What does Julian believe about his faith and his sanity?
3. What does the first man do in an attempt to fend off his feelings about being caught?
4. Where is the scene set?
5. What do the men wonder about the Cardinal, since he is, after all, a man of God, even though he seems to worship the symbol and not the substance?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)