|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Alice do after the lawyer leaves her?
(a) She goes to the chapel to find the men.
(b) She cries.
(c) She calls for Julian.
(d) She assumes a more comfortable position on the floor, where she goes into a mantra.
2. What does the first man not leave without?
(a) Hugging the second man.
(b) Making a rude comment to Miss Alice.
(c) A snide comment or two.
(d) Kissing Miss Alice on the cheek.
3. About what do they continue to rib each other?
(a) Their love of birds.
(b) Their mistresses.
(c) Their strange clothing.
(d) Their school yard nicknames.
4. What is Julian?
(a) A priest.
(b) A member of the church choir.
(c) A lay brother.
(d) An evangelist.
5. What does Miss Alice ask Julian to do?
(a) Move into the mansion with her.
(b) Go back to the monastery.
(c) Move into the guest house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
2. What does Julian confide about a period during his stay at the asylum?
3. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
4. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
5. How does the play open?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)