|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Alice begin a flirtatious conversation asking if he had been intimidated by herself or the lawyer, and if he had liked the butler?
(a) To make him feel more uncomfortable.
(b) In order to show she cares about him.
(c) To encourage him to leave.
(d) In order to draw him out of himself a bit.
2. Who does Julian describe as a quiet, plain woman with soft features; one year or so on either side of forty, married to the owner of a dry goods store?
(a) A woman in the asylum who thinks she is the Virgin Mary.
(b) His cellmate.
(c) A woman that worked at the asylum.
(d) A woman he befriended.
3. To what building's architecture is this building compared?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A castle.
(c) A estuary.
(d) A cathedral.
4. What becomes evident about the two men as the conversation shifts?
(a) They have known each other a little while.
(b) They work together.
(c) They have just met.
(d) They have known each other since childhood.
5. What does Julian say he heard on that night in the asylum?
(b) Cries or sobbing.
(c) Cats meowing.
(d) Rain falling on the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of conversation does the trio enter?
2. What happens to the conversation.
3. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
4. What is in massive scale?
5. Who was Saint Francis?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)