|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julian respond?
(a) By saying that the past six years of his life were blank but not black.
(b) With the details of training to become a priest.
(c) He tells them all he knows about birds.
(d) That he is friends with the Cardinal.
2. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian tries to explain to her that he wondered if he imagined so many things or whether so many things he thought had come to play in his imagination?
(a) She finds him a perfect candidate for the priesthood.
(b) She wants to take him back to the asylum.
(c) She suggests that he may just be describing what passes for sanity.
(d) She thinks he is still insane.
3. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
(a) He let contact with his faith slip away, seeding a deep sadness.
(b) It was a slow, gradual, and painful loss.
(c) He woke up one morning and no longer had faith.
(d) He lost his faith when his parents died.
4. What does Miss Alice say about the chairs in the various rooms?
(a) There is a chair in each room that is hers and hers alone.
(b) They are by different makers.
(c) They are all antiques.
(d) She purshased each one, herself.
5. What is Julian?
(a) A priest.
(b) An evangelist.
(c) A lay brother.
(d) A member of the church choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian confide about a period during his stay at the asylum?
2. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
3. What does Julian say when Miss Alice invites him to talk about himself?
4. How are the periods of hallucination announced?
5. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)