|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian think about how men use God?
(a) He is outraged by it.
(b) He struggles with it.
(c) He is not bothered by it.
(d) He tries not to think about it.
2. Who does Julian describe as a quiet, plain woman with soft features; one year or so on either side of forty, married to the owner of a dry goods store?
(a) A woman in the asylum who thinks she is the Virgin Mary.
(b) His cellmate.
(c) A woman he befriended.
(d) A woman that worked at the asylum.
3. What does the Butler point out?
(a) If Julian were to look into the window of the model, an exact duplicate of the room in which they stand can be seen with every detail intact, even down to the brass candlesticks.
(b) The cardinals control the behavior of the other birds.
(c) The crucifix is exactly perpendicular to the altar.
(d) The garden is completely symmetrical.
4. How does Miss Alice say hello?
(a) In a soft, smooth voice.
(b) In a piercing, high-pitched voice.
(c) In a bright, cheery voice.
(d) In a cracked and ancient voice.
5. How does Julian respond?
(a) He tells them all he knows about birds.
(b) By saying that the past six years of his life were blank but not black.
(c) With the details of training to become a priest.
(d) That he is friends with the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
2. What is feminine, but not frilly, decorated in shades of blue?
3. What does the first man insinuate about the second man?
4. About what do they continue to rib each other?
5. Why is it appropriate?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)