|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
(a) His interest in birds.
(b) His relationship with the Cardinal.
(c) His training in the priesthood.
(d) His background.
2. What does Julian find ironic about staying in the section of the asylum that is for people who are only mildly troubled?
(a) Most of the people there have severe mental illness.
(b) He never considered the fleeing of faith a mild matter.
(c) All mental illness is serious.
(d) Those staying in this section had no mental illness.
3. What is Miss Alice's response when the lawyer proceeds to introduce Julian to her for the first time?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She does not respond.
(c) She responds enthusiastically.
(d) She coldy offers her hand.
4. How does Julian respond?
(a) By saying that the past six years of his life were blank but not black.
(b) With the details of training to become a priest.
(c) He tells them all he knows about birds.
(d) That he is friends with the Cardinal.
5. Who was Saint Francis?
(a) A pope.
(b) A man who hunted wild animals.
(c) A martyr burned at the stake.
(d) A friend to all animals who often talked to creatures, even birds of the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julian part of this trio?
2. How does the butler feel about listening to Julian?
3. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
4. Not to be outdone, what does the second person sling back?
5. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian tries to explain to her that he wondered if he imagined so many things or whether so many things he thought had come to play in his imagination?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)