|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 1 (pages 71-90).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard use to pull the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A string tied to a doorknob.
(c) A pair of pliers.
(d) A pair of scissors.
2. Why is Howard paid to shoot a dog, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) The dog is rabid.
(b) The dog attacked a farmer's chickens.
(c) The dog attacked a child.
(d) The dog has mange.
3. What ailment has Marjorie suffered from all of her life?
(b) Manic depression.
4. Where is George's workshop located?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In town.
5. What is the name of Howard's family's dog in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kathleen's maiden name?
2. What objects did George begin repairing and trading after his retirement?
3. How many hours before he dies does George ask for a shave?
4. Who is Sam's mother in the novel?
5. What activity does the narrator say George has always hated in Chapter 1?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)