|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 1 (pages 71-90).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard's middle name?
2. How often does the narrator say Kathleen washes her hair in the winter in Chapter 2?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once every two months.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
3. What was Kathleen's maiden name?
4. What color is Kathleen's hair described as in Chapter 2?
(d) Dark brown.
5. Who built George's house?
(c) Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard give the hermit to drink before he pulls his tooth in Chapter 1?
2. What word used in Chapter 2 refers to a device for creating applause in theaters?
3. The drowned child that Howard fishes from a creek is the daughter of what widow?
4. What is the "eighth planet, named after the king of the sea"?
5. What does the narrator describe as Joe's favorite breakfast meal in Chapter 2?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)