|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part 1 (pages 157-176).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used in Chapter 2 refers to a device for creating applause in theaters?
2. The narrator says of Kathleen in Chapter 2, "Only her face is visible above the top of the bedcovers. It glows like a pale egg." What literary device is used in this example?
3. What does George put the wrapped dead mouse inside of in Chapter 2?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) A cookie jar.
(c) A jewelry box.
(d) A matchbox.
4. What ailment does Howard suffer from?
5. What animal does George take with him when he runs away from home in Chapter 2?
(c) Prince Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Joe given to the bearskin rug in the Crosby home?
2. What part of a clock is described in Chapter 4 as "where the energy generated by the mainspring finally escapes the clock"?
3. What natural phenomenon does Howard compare his seizures to in Chapter 1?
4. Who do Margie and Darla pretend that their dolls are when they play after dinner in Chapter 2?
5. Howard says the following in Chapter 3: "My mother opened the outside door and the light came in and carved every object in the kitchen into an ancient relic." What literary device is used in this sentence?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)