|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 1 (pages 71-90).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the main narrative perspective of Tinkers?
(a) It is a third-person omniscient narrator.
(b) The narrator is Charles Crosby.
(c) The narrator is Sam.
(d) The narrator is Kathleen.
2. What is the name of the bootlegger that Howard sells five gallons of homemade whiskey for as an odd job?
3. Where does Marjorie live?
4. What kind of liquor does Howard keep a few bottles of in his secret drawer as a tradesman?
5. When is the autograph dated in the novel that Howard receives as a gift from the hermit in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nineteen-year-old who has Howard cut his hair in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the author of The Reasonable Horologist that is quoted in Chapter 1?
3. What game do Howard and George play on the porch when George is a child in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls in Chapter 1?
5. What disorder causes George to shake as he is shaved?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)