|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oskar dressed as at the artist's party?
2. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
3. What type of letter does Oskar read of the nurses?
4. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
5. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
2. How does Oskar envision the trial?
3. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
4. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
5. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
6. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
7. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
8. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
9. What happens to the family after the train ride?
10. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the main point of this story is? Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Matzerath was respected? If so by whom? If not, explain your answer. Was Matzerath aware of this respect (or disrespect) and how did he feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
Is it suggested that Matzerath was not Oskar's father but rather Bronski was. Who do you think was Oskar's real father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer. Do you think this suspicion was Oskar's alone of did other characters also suspect this? Explain your answer.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)