|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, who is killed during an air raid?
2. What does Willie suggest he do to fall back in love with Miss Pioch?
3. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
4. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
5. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
2. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
3. What happens to the family after the train ride?
4. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
5. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
6. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
7. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
8. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
9. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
10. How does Oskar envision the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Oskar's drum represent? Is it possible that Oskar affected so many people and events with his small toy drum?
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, did Oskar kill Sister Dorothea? Provide evidence based on actual events as well as Oskar's character, to support you answer.
Essay Topic 3
Oskar is able to scream loud enough to make glass shatter. What are his motivations for this behavior? How does Oskar's glass breaking screaming change as he gets older? Does he ever stop this behavior?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)