|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
2. How many birds does Schuman shoot in the park?
3. How does Bebra feel about Oskar's growth?
4. What does the patent leather belt represent?
5. What type of face does Lucy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
2. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
3. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
4. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
5. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
6. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
7. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
8. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
9. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
10. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use mythical characters and events to enhance the story? Choose one character or event, describe it in detail and provide support for why it is mythical.
Essay Topic 2
Is it possible that Oskar was real? Why or Why not? If Oskar was not real, who was the man in the mental hospital? Explain your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, did Oskar kill Sister Dorothea? Provide evidence based on actual events as well as Oskar's character, to support you answer.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)