|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
2. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
3. Who is at the hospital celebrating Oskar's birthday?
4. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
5. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
2. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
3. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
4. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
5. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
6. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
7. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
8. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
9. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
10. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the main point of this story is? Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use mythical characters and events to enhance the story? Choose one character or event, describe it in detail and provide support for why it is mythical.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)