|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
2. What does the patent leather belt represent?
3. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
4. What type of order are out for Victor?
5. What does Willie suggest he do to fall back in love with Miss Pioch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
2. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
3. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
4. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
5. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
6. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
7. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
8. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
9. How does Oskar tell Klepp his life story?
10. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
Essay Topic 2
What does Oskar's drum represent? Is it possible that Oskar affected so many people and events with his small toy drum?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the whole of Oskar's relationships with other women. Were they all real or did Oskar make some of them up? Was there one woman in particular that Oskar truly loved? Did any truly love him?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)