|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
2. What does the owner give to customers before each performance?
3. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
4. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
5. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about Klepp after he becomes a member of the Communist party?
2. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
3. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
4. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
5. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
6. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
7. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
8. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
9. How does Oskar become wealthy?
10. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use mythical characters and events to enhance the story? Choose one character or event, describe it in detail and provide support for why it is mythical.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 3
Is it suggested that Matzerath was not Oskar's father but rather Bronski was. Who do you think was Oskar's real father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer. Do you think this suspicion was Oskar's alone of did other characters also suspect this? Explain your answer.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)