|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
2. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
3. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
4. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
5. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
2. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
3. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
4. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
5. What happens after Schuman shoots the 13th bird in the park.
6. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
7. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
8. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
9. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
10. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
War is an underlying theme in this book. How does the author discuss the war? Does this description provide an adequate background for the story?
Essay Topic 2
This story begins with Oskar telling a story about his grandparents. Discuss the two themes present in the story of the meeting of his grandparents. How does this set the stage for the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of irony with the underlying Christian theme and the Christian Nazis. How does Grass use irony to share his feelings about the war? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)