|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
2. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
3. What type of order are out for Victor?
4. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
5. After leaving the room to get some drinks, what do Oskar and Klepp decide to start?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar envision the trial?
2. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
3. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
4. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
5. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
6. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
7. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
8. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
9. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
10. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story begins with Oskar telling a story about his grandparents. Discuss the two themes present in the story of the meeting of his grandparents. How does this set the stage for the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Joseph Koljaiczek running from the law? Describe this event in detail. Is it likely that this event happened the way Oskar tells the story? Of the people Oskar is telling the story to, who truly believes him? Provide evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Does Bruno believe Oskar's stories? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)