|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bebra confined to in the doctors office when Oskar visits him?
2. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
3. Why is Hedwig almost shot?
4. Who visits Oskar and Lankes while on vacation?
5. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
2. What happens after Schuman shoots the 13th bird in the park.
3. What happens to the family after the train ride?
4. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
5. How does Oskar envision the trial?
6. How does Oskar become wealthy?
7. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
8. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
9. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
10. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the main point of this story is? Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Joseph Koljaiczek running from the law? Describe this event in detail. Is it likely that this event happened the way Oskar tells the story? Of the people Oskar is telling the story to, who truly believes him? Provide evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of irony with the underlying Christian theme and the Christian Nazis. How does Grass use irony to share his feelings about the war? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)