|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
2. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
3. What type of letter does Oskar read of the nurses?
4. What happens on the day Schuman shoots 13 birds?
5. While in the boarding house, what does Oskar check daily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
2. What happens after Schuman shoots the 13th bird in the park.
3. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
4. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
5. What happens to the family after the train ride?
6. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
7. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
8. How does Oskar become wealthy?
9. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
10. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, did Oskar kill Sister Dorothea? Provide evidence based on actual events as well as Oskar's character, to support you answer.
Essay Topic 2
Does Bruno believe Oskar's stories? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)