|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar develop because of the bouncing of the train?
2. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
3. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
4. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
5. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the whole of Oskar's relationships with other women. Were they all real or did Oskar make some of them up? Was there one woman in particular that Oskar truly loved? Did any truly love him?
Essay Topic 2
This story begins with Oskar telling a story about his grandparents. Discuss the two themes present in the story of the meeting of his grandparents. How does this set the stage for the story?
Essay Topic 3
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)