|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
2. What happens on the train that causes the passengers to lose their belongings?
3. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
4. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
5. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about Klepp after he becomes a member of the Communist party?
2. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
3. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
4. What happens to the family after the train ride?
5. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
6. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
7. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
8. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
9. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
10. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think the main point of this story is? Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)