|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oskar dressed as at the artist's party?
2. How old is Oskar at the beginning of Chapter 46?
3. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
4. What is the name of the nurse at the boarding house?
5. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
2. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
3. How does Oskar feel about Klepp after he becomes a member of the Communist party?
4. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
5. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
6. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
7. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
8. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
9. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
10. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of irony with the underlying Christian theme and the Christian Nazis. How does Grass use irony to share his feelings about the war? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is it possible that Oskar was real? Why or Why not? If Oskar was not real, who was the man in the mental hospital? Explain your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)