|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
2. Where do Oskar and Lankes go before the concert tour?
3. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
4. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
5. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
2. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
3. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
4. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
5. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
6. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
7. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
8. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
9. How does Oskar become wealthy?
10. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it possible that Oskar was real? Why or Why not? If Oskar was not real, who was the man in the mental hospital? Explain your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of irony with the underlying Christian theme and the Christian Nazis. How does Grass use irony to share his feelings about the war? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Matzerath and Oskar's mother join the Nazi Party. Discuss the implications of joining the German Nazi Party. How does this affect or interfere with their relationship with Bronski?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)