|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
2. Who visits Oskar and Lankes while on vacation?
3. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
4. What does the patent leather belt represent?
5. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
Essay Topic 1
Does Bruno believe Oskar's stories? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Oskar's mother, Bronski, and Matzerath. Of the two men, who do you think Oskar's mother truly loved? How does this relationship affect each of these three characters? How does the relationship affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 3
This story begins with Oskar telling a story about his grandparents. Discuss the two themes present in the story of the meeting of his grandparents. How does this set the stage for the story?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)