|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
2. Who visits Oskar and Lankes while on vacation?
3. How many glasses does Zeidler smash when he is angry with his wife?
4. What happens on the day Schuman shoots 13 birds?
5. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
2. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
3. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
4. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
5. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
6. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
7. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
8. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
9. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
10. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Joseph Koljaiczek running from the law? Describe this event in detail. Is it likely that this event happened the way Oskar tells the story? Of the people Oskar is telling the story to, who truly believes him? Provide evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, did Oskar kill Sister Dorothea? Provide evidence based on actual events as well as Oskar's character, to support you answer.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)