|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
2. What type of order are out for Victor?
3. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
4. In Chapter 33, who proposes to Maria?
5. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
2. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
3. How does Oskar envision the trial?
4. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
5. How does Oskar tell Klepp his life story?
6. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
7. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
8. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
9. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
10. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Oskar's mother, Bronski, and Matzerath. Of the two men, who do you think Oskar's mother truly loved? How does this relationship affect each of these three characters? How does the relationship affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 3
Is it suggested that Matzerath was not Oskar's father but rather Bronski was. Who do you think was Oskar's real father? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer. Do you think this suspicion was Oskar's alone of did other characters also suspect this? Explain your answer.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)