|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of face does Lucy have?
2. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
3. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
4. What is one topic Oskar and Klepp talk about?
5. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
2. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
3. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
4. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
5. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
6. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
7. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
8. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
9. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
10. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, did Oskar kill Sister Dorothea? Provide evidence based on actual events as well as Oskar's character, to support you answer.
Essay Topic 3
Oskar is able to scream loud enough to make glass shatter. What are his motivations for this behavior? How does Oskar's glass breaking screaming change as he gets older? Does he ever stop this behavior?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)