|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Oskar and Klepp put in the hall of the boarding house?
2. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
3. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
4. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
5. Why is Hedwig almost shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
2. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
3. What happens to the family after the train ride?
4. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
5. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
6. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
7. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
8. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
9. How does Oskar envision the trial?
10. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 2
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is it possible that Oskar was real? Why or Why not? If Oskar was not real, who was the man in the mental hospital? Explain your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)