|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, who does Oskar have an affair with?
2. What does the midget troupe wear?
3. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
4. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
5. What is raised in 1938?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
2. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
3. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
4. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
5. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
6. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
7. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
8. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
9. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
10. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 2
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Matzerath and Oskar's mother join the Nazi Party. Discuss the implications of joining the German Nazi Party. How does this affect or interfere with their relationship with Bronski?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)