|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
2. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
3. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
4. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
5. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
2. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
3. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
4. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
5. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
6. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
7. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
8. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
9. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 2
Oskar is able to scream loud enough to make glass shatter. What are his motivations for this behavior? How does Oskar's glass breaking screaming change as he gets older? Does he ever stop this behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Matzerath was respected? If so by whom? If not, explain your answer. Was Matzerath aware of this respect (or disrespect) and how did he feel about it?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)