|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
2. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
3. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
4. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
5. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
2. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
3. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
4. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
5. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
6. What is the scene like in the Post Office as the Germans invade?
7. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
8. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
9. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
10. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, did Oskar kill Sister Dorothea? Provide evidence based on actual events as well as Oskar's character, to support you answer.
Essay Topic 3
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)