Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
3. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
4. When is Oskar's mother born?
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
2. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
3. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
4. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
5. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
6. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
7. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
8. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
9. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
How does the author use mythical characters and events to enhance the story? Choose one character or event, describe it in detail and provide support for why it is mythical.
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
Is it possible that Oskar was real? Why or Why not? If Oskar was not real, who was the man in the mental hospital? Explain your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)