Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
3. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
4. When is Oskar's mother born?
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
2. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
3. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
4. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
5. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
6. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
7. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
8. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
9. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the sexual tension felt by Oskar's mother and Gretchen while they read Oskar Rasputin. What does this tension say about their relationship with men? What does this tension say about the times? How did this affect Oskar?
Essay Topic 2
This story begins with Oskar telling a story about his grandparents. Discuss the two themes present in the story of the meeting of his grandparents. How does this set the stage for the story?
Essay Topic 3
Does Bruno believe Oskar's stories? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)