|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
3. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
4. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
2. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
3. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
4. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
5. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
6. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
7. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
8. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
9. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Joseph Koljaiczek running from the law? Describe this event in detail. Is it likely that this event happened the way Oskar tells the story? Of the people Oskar is telling the story to, who truly believes him? Provide evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
This story begins with Oskar telling a story about his grandparents. Discuss the two themes present in the story of the meeting of his grandparents. How does this set the stage for the story?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)