|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
2. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
3. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
4. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
5. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
2. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
3. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
4. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
5. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
6. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
7. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
8. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
9. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
10. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the the skat cards represent and how did these representations play out throughout the book? Provide a detailed explanation for which character the cards represented and how it tied into their personality.
Essay Topic 2
Oskar is isolated throughout much of the story. Provide one example were Oskar is not isolated and determine if this event was real or a delusion. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What did Oskar do or say that implicated him in the murder to Sister Dorothea? Provide concrete examples from the book. Discuss possible motivations for Oskar wanting to kill her.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)