|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
2. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
3. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
4. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
5. What type of people does Greff prefer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
2. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
3. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
4. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
5. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
6. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
7. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
8. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
9. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
10. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Bruno believe Oskar's stories? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Joseph Koljaiczek running from the law? Describe this event in detail. Is it likely that this event happened the way Oskar tells the story? Of the people Oskar is telling the story to, who truly believes him? Provide evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Matzerath was respected? If so by whom? If not, explain your answer. Was Matzerath aware of this respect (or disrespect) and how did he feel about it?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)