|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
2. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
3. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
4. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
5. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
2. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
3. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
4. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
5. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
6. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
7. How does Oskar tell Klepp his life story?
8. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
9. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
10. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
Essay Topic 1
Is it possible that Oskar was real? Why or Why not? If Oskar was not real, who was the man in the mental hospital? Explain your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Matzerath and Oskar's mother join the Nazi Party. Discuss the implications of joining the German Nazi Party. How does this affect or interfere with their relationship with Bronski?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the whole of Oskar's relationships with other women. Were they all real or did Oskar make some of them up? Was there one woman in particular that Oskar truly loved? Did any truly love him?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)