|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Makes him forget.
(b) Relieves tension.
(c) Reminds him of his youth.
2. Who is at the hospital celebrating Oskar's birthday?
(a) Maria, Klepp, and Vittlar.
(c) Maris, Kurt, and Victor.
(d) The midget troupe.
3. What does Oskar bring to the nurses in the hospital?
(c) Injured animals.
4. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
(a) His rooms at the boarding house.
(b) An aquamarine ring.
(c) His drum.
(d) A small fortune.
5. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(a) Corporal Lankes.
(d) Sister Dorothea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bebra confined to in the doctors office when Oskar visits him?
2. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
3. While modeling one day, what causes Oskar to weep and tremble?
4. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
5. In Chapter 34, how many people are on the freight car with Maria, Kurt, and Oskar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
2. Why does Maria chose to relocate to Rhineland?
3. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
4. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
5. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
6. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
7. What happens to the family after the train ride?
8. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
9. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
10. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)