|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one topic Oskar and Klepp talk about?
(a) The existence of heaven.
(b) The war.
2. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
(a) He takes the onions away.
(b) He yells at them.
(c) A drum solo.
(d) He tells a joke.
3. Why is Hedwig almost shot?
(a) For no reason.
(b) For being a spy.
(c) For being a traitor.
(d) For stealing.
4. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
(a) The bed.
(b) The dresser.
(c) The nightstand.
(d) The wall.
5. Who is the new suspect in the murder case?
(b) A friend of Sister Beata.
(c) Sister Dorothea's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the train that causes the passengers to lose their belongings?
2. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
3. What happens to Sister Dorothea when Oskar admits his love for her?
4. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
5. What instrument does Klepp play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar tell Klepp his life story?
2. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
3. How does Oskar become wealthy?
4. How does Oskar feel about Klepp after he becomes a member of the Communist party?
5. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
6. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
7. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
8. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
9. What happens to the family after the train ride?
10. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)