|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
(a) The Rhine River Three.
(b) The Danzig Rebels.
(c) The Dusters.
(d) The midget troupe.
2. How does Bebra feel about Oskar's growth?
3. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Cancels his next tours.
(b) Attempts suicide.
(c) Gives away his possessions.
(d) Leaves the county.
4. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Relieves tension.
(b) Makes him forget.
(c) Reminds him of his youth.
5. While in Dusseldorf, who does Oskar befriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
2. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
3. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
4. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
5. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
2. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
3. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
4. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
5. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
6. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
7. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
8. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
9. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
10. How does Oskar envision the trial?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)