|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new suspect in the murder case?
(b) Sister Dorothea's brother.
(d) A friend of Sister Beata.
2. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
(a) They sit next to each other at the Onion Cellar.
(b) He stomps her toe on the streetcar.
(c) They run into each other on the street.
(d) They are new neighbors.
3. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
(a) He tells a joke.
(b) A drum solo.
(c) He yells at them.
(d) He takes the onions away.
4. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The moon.
(b) A diamond.
(c) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(d) The Polish flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Dorothea mistake Oskar for?
2. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
3. What does Maria think of the Madonna 49 portrait that Oskar poses for?
4. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
5. In Chapter 33, who proposes to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Schuman shoots the 13th bird in the park.
2. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
3. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
4. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
5. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
6. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
7. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
8. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
9. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
10. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)