|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klepp use to cook?
(a) He does not cook.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A bedside stove.
(d) A match.
2. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
(a) His joints are in pain.
(b) He is not allowed.
(c) He prefers to talk to Bruno.
(d) He loses his will.
3. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(b) The moon.
(c) The Polish flag.
(d) A diamond.
4. How many birds does Schuman shoot in the park?
5. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Oskar and Klepp put in the hall of the boarding house?
2. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
3. How tall is Oskar at Matzerath's funeral?
4. In Chapter 35, where does the military send Ktzster?
5. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Schuman shoots the 13th bird in the park.
2. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
3. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
4. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
5. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
6. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
7. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
8. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
9. How does Oskar become wealthy?
10. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)