|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
(b) Sister Dorothea.
2. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(b) Makes him forget.
(c) Reminds him of his youth.
(d) Relieves tension.
3. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
(a) The dresser.
(b) The bed.
(c) The nightstand.
(d) The wall.
4. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
(b) Mr. Fajngold.
5. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
(a) Maria agrees to marry him.
(b) He will be released soon.
(c) He grandfather is found.
(d) The investigation of Sister Dorothea's death will be reopened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Dorothea mistake Oskar for?
2. What does Maria think of the Madonna 49 portrait that Oskar poses for?
3. What is the result of the concert tours Oskar plays?
4. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
5. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
2. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
3. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
4. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
5. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
6. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
7. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
8. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
9. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
10. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)