|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The moon.
(b) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(c) The Polish flag.
(d) A diamond.
2. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
(a) He grandfather is found.
(b) Maria agrees to marry him.
(c) He will be released soon.
(d) The investigation of Sister Dorothea's death will be reopened.
3. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
(a) They are new neighbors.
(b) They run into each other on the street.
(c) They sit next to each other at the Onion Cellar.
(d) He stomps her toe on the streetcar.
4. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
(a) A pig.
(b) A bird.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie suggest he do to fall back in love with Miss Pioch?
2. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
3. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
4. Why does Oskar feel entitled to keep the finger he found on the beach?
5. How does Bebra feel about Oskar's growth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
2. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
3. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
4. How does Oskar envision the trial?
5. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
6. How does Oskar feel about Klepp after he becomes a member of the Communist party?
7. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
8. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
9. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
10. How does Oskar become wealthy?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)