|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Oskar the first time he meets Sister Dorothea?
(a) In Klepp's room.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In her room.
2. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
(a) He is committed to the asylum.
(b) He is put in Matzerath's custody.
(c) He is released a free man.
(d) He is sent to jail.
3. What does Oskar develop because of the bouncing of the train?
(c) A hunchback.
(d) New drum beats.
4. What is the name of the concert promoter that approaches Oskar after Schuman's funeral?
5. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Cancels his next tours.
(b) Leaves the county.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Gives away his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
2. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
3. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
4. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
5. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Oskar hesitant to take the concert promoter's offer?
2. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
3. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
4. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
5. What happens to the family after the train ride?
6. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
7. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
8. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
9. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
10. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)