|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Oskar at Matzerath's funeral?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 3 feet 6 inches.
(c) 4 feet 1 inch.
(d) 3 feet 3 inches.
2. In Chapter 31, who is killed during an air raid?
(a) Mother Truczinski.
3. What instrument does Klepp play?
4. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
(a) He stomps her toe on the streetcar.
(b) They are new neighbors.
(c) They sit next to each other at the Onion Cellar.
(d) They run into each other on the street.
5. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
(a) Letting others touch his hump for money.
(b) Selling himself.
(c) He gets a job at the Post office.
(d) As a model for an Art class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
2. While modeling one day, what causes Oskar to weep and tremble?
3. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
4. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
5. What does Oskar bring to the nurses in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
2. How does Oskar become wealthy?
3. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
4. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
5. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
6. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
7. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
8. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
9. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
10. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)