|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) He is fascinated.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He does not like her.
2. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
(a) They are new neighbors.
(b) They run into each other on the street.
(c) He stomps her toe on the streetcar.
(d) They sit next to each other at the Onion Cellar.
3. How tall is Oskar at Matzerath's funeral?
(a) 4 feet 1 inch.
(b) 3 feet 3 inches.
(c) 3 feet 6 inches.
(d) 3 feet.
4. As Oskar is in the mental hospital, what does he think Klepp is trying to do?
(a) Steal his woman.
(b) Steal his drum.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Get even.
5. What does Willie suggest he do to fall back in love with Miss Pioch?
(a) Injure her other toe.
(b) Not look at other girls.
(c) Move in with her.
(d) Make love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
2. Where does Maria decide to go with her son and Oskar?
3. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
4. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
5. Who does Oskar meet at the artist's party.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
2. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
3. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
4. How does Oskar tell Klepp his life story?
5. What happens when Billy is overcome with tears?
6. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
7. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
8. What happens on Oskar's date with Sister Gertrude?
9. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
10. How is Oskar able to keep his knapsack when the robber took all the luggage?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)