|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
(a) He is sent to jail.
(b) He is released a free man.
(c) He is committed to the asylum.
(d) He is put in Matzerath's custody.
2. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
(a) Love their son.
(b) Continue growing.
(c) Buy a deli.
(d) Stop drumming.
3. What is the name of the concert promoter that approaches Oskar after Schuman's funeral?
4. How many glasses does Zeidler smash when he is angry with his wife?
5. In Chapter 35, where does the military send Ktzster?
(c) The Arctic front.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
2. What does Klepp use to cook?
3. How does Bebra feel about Oskar's growth?
4. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
5. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oskar give Vittlar the aquamarine ring?
2. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
3. What happens to Oskar when he finds the leather belt in Sister Dorothea's room?
4. What does Guste insist happened to her husband?
5. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
6. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
7. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
8. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
9. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
10. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)