|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
(a) He is ordered to community service.
(b) He is jailed.
(d) He is tried in court and fined.
2. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Committed two robberies.
(b) Explored the city.
(c) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
(d) Played instruments.
3. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) He misses the nurses.
(b) The world is overwhelming.
(c) He misses his cell.
(d) He can not sleep.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
(a) A book.
(b) The newspaper.
(d) A new drum.
5. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He was not sent to jail.
(b) He is paranoid.
(c) He betrayed his father.
(d) He killed his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
2. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
3. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
4. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
5. How does Oskar feel about the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
2. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
3. What does the Rottweiler do for Oskar?
4. How does Oskar become wealthy?
5. What happens after Schuman shoots the 13th bird in the park.
6. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
7. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
8. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
9. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
10. How does Oskar envision the trial?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)