|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
2. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Eiffel tower.
(d) The pyramids.
3. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Passes out in a park.
(b) Steals a car.
(c) Bludgeons a cat to death.
(d) Gets into a fight.
4. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Grocery Store.
(b) Consignment Store,
(c) Dime Store.
(d) Music Store.
5. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) She found another job.
(b) She could not afford it.
(c) The border was closed.
(d) The markets were closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
3. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
4. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
5. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
2. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
3. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
4. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
5. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
6. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
7. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
8. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
9. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
10. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)