|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
2. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Gives them to the needy.
(b) Throws them out.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
3. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(a) North Beach.
(b) Castle Park
(c) South Beach.
4. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
(b) His Drum.
(c) The mail.
5. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(a) A jazz recorder.
(d) A new drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
2. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
3. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
5. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
2. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
3. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
4. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
5. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
6. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
7. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
8. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
9. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
10. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)