|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Tells Oskar it is no use.
(b) Has a pharmacist make it.
(c) Buys Oskar a drum.
(d) Brings Oskar real soda.
2. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
(a) Too hard.
(b) It is warped.
(c) Too smooth.
(d) Too high.
3. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
4. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
5. What is raised in 1938?
(a) Food prices.
(b) The cost of education.
(c) Custom duties.
(d) Gas prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
2. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
3. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
4. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
5. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
2. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
3. What is the scene like in the Post Office as the Germans invade?
4. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
5. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
6. As the story begins, the reader immediately learns that the narrator is in a mental hospital. How does Oskar wish to change his room and are his changes something that would be expected?
7. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
8. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
9. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)