|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
2. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
3. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
4. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Has a pharmacist make it.
(b) Tells Oskar it is no use.
(c) Brings Oskar real soda.
(d) Buys Oskar a drum.
5. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Bury them in the garden.
(c) Use then to take over the city.
(d) Keep them in the open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
2. What does Oskar associate his guilt with?
3. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
4. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
5. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
2. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
3. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
4. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
5. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
6. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
7. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
8. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
9. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
10. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)