|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A human.
(b) A live puppy.
(c) A stack of money.
(d) A gun.
2. How does Oskar feel about the church?
3. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
4. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) A chocolate factory.
(b) He runs home.
(c) Back to the church.
(d) Under a bridge.
5. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They were never alerted.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) He just ran away.
(d) His father killed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
2. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
3. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
4. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
5. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of portraits does Oskar model for?
2. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
3. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
4. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
5. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
6. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
7. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
8. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
9. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
10. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)