|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
2. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) She is ill.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) There is nothing else to eat.
3. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) He runs home.
(b) A chocolate factory.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Back to the church.
4. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Army uniforms.
(b) Colorful uniforms.
(d) Doctors' coats.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A new drum.
(c) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
2. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
3. What is raised in 1938?
4. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
5. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
2. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
3. What extreme measure does Oskar take in an attempt to win Maria's heart?
4. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
5. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
6. How does Oskar feed his fascination with Sister Dorothea?
7. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
8. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
9. What is the scene like in the Post Office as the Germans invade?
10. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)