|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Oskar's mother born?
(b) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1800.
(d) July, 1900.
2. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
(b) Black market sugar.
3. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(d) They cost over 6 gulden.
4. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(b) The begining of the end.
(c) The second trial of Jesus.
(d) A sham.
5. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
(a) Too hard.
(b) Too high.
(c) Too smooth.
(d) It is warped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
2. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
3. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
4. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
5. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
2. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
3. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
4. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
5. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
6. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
7. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
8. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
9. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
10. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)