|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
2. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
(d) An undefined demon.
3. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) The room has too many spiders.
(b) There is no heat in the room.
(c) The room is used for storage.
(d) She is afraid of ghosts.
4. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
5. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Keeps them.
(b) Throws them out.
(c) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(d) Gives them to the needy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
2. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
3. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
4. What is raised in 1938?
5. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of Sister Dorothea when she first meets Oskar?
2. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
3. What is the scene like at the hospital on Oskar's 30th birthday?
4. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
5. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
6. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
7. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
8. What is a significant portrait that Oskar modeled for and who modeled with him?
9. How does Oskar feel about Klepp after he becomes a member of the Communist party?
10. What does Oskar do at the Matzerath's grave?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)