Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He despises the person watching.
(b) He wishes the person watching was real.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) His is fond of the person watching.
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
(a) Bathe naked in the Baltic.
(b) Goes to church.
(d) Feeds to poor.
3. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Played instruments.
(b) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
(c) Explored the city.
(d) Committed two robberies.
4. When is Oskar's mother born?
(b) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1900.
(d) July, 1800.
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) His demise.
(b) Cold and hard.
(c) Soft as a cloud.
(d) As a goal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
2. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
3. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
4. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
5. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar eventually tell Vittler to do with the ring and the finger?
2. How does Mr. Fajngold know so much about disinfectants?
3. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
4. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
5. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
6. What has happened to Oskar since the death of his father?
7. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
8. How does Oskar come to be the sole supporter of the family?
9. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)