|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
(a) Oskar's speed.
(b) Oskar's drum.
(c) Oskar's small stature.
(d) Oskar's voice.
2. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
(a) He loses a leg.
(b) He loses his home.
(c) He loses his eyeglasses.
(d) He dies.
4. Who does the seven of spades represent?
5. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) His mother.
(b) The virgin paper.
(c) From Oskar.
(d) The ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
2. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
3. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation with Miss Pioch and Willie Volmer.
2. What are three main characteristics of Oskar's friend Klepp?
3. What happens to Oskar when he gets to the train station in Paris?
4. How does Oskar envision the trial?
5. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
6. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
7. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
8. What type of apprenticeship does Oskar take on after the war?
9. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
10. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)