|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Has a pharmacist make it.
(b) Tells Oskar it is no use.
(c) Brings Oskar real soda.
(d) Buys Oskar a drum.
2. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A live puppy.
(b) A stack of money.
(c) A human.
(d) A gun.
3. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
5. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 21 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
2. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
3. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
4. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
2. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
3. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
4. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
5. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
6. What is the scene like in the Post Office as the Germans invade?
7. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
8. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
9. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)