|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
2. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
3. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(c) Mother Truczinski.
4. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(a) Works of art.
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) His demise.
(b) Soft as a cloud.
(c) As a goal.
(d) Cold and hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar associate his guilt with?
2. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
3. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
4. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
5. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
2. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
3. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
4. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
5. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
6. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
7. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
8. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
9. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
10. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)