|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) Soft as a cloud.
(b) Cold and hard.
(c) As a goal.
(d) His demise.
2. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) A ear-piercing scream.
3. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
(b) An undefined demon.
4. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Teach him to drum.
(b) Give him free food.
(c) Drum for Bebara.
(d) Join the troupe.
5. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
2. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
3. What does Oskar believe when Maria becomes pregnant?
4. What does Bronski call Oskar after becoming disoriented due to an injury at the Post Office?
5. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
2. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
3. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
4. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
5. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
6. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
7. As the story begins, the reader immediately learns that the narrator is in a mental hospital. How does Oskar wish to change his room and are his changes something that would be expected?
8. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
9. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
10. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)