|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
2. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(d) The mail carriers.
3. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
4. What is raised in 1938?
(a) Food prices.
(b) Custom duties.
(c) The cost of education.
(d) Gas prices.
5. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(a) Works of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
2. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
3. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
4. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
5. Who does the seven of spades represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
2. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
3. What is the scene like in the Post Office as the Germans invade?
4. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
5. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
6. Why does the Board of Health want to commit Oskar?
7. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
8. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
9. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
10. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)