|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
2. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) The room has too many spiders.
(b) The room is used for storage.
(c) She is afraid of ghosts.
(d) There is no heat in the room.
3. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(a) North Beach.
(c) Castle Park
(d) South Beach.
4. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
5. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Poisons her.
(b) Kicks her off a ladder.
(c) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(d) Punches her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
2. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
3. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
4. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
5. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
2. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
3. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
4. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
5. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
6. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
7. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
8. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
9. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
10. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)