|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
(a) He is tried in court and fined.
(c) He is jailed.
(d) He is ordered to community service.
2. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) He does not want Oskar to learn.
3. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Explored the city.
(b) Played instruments.
(c) Committed two robberies.
(d) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
4. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
(b) Hangs himself.
(c) Cleans it.
(d) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
5. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
2. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
3. What does the midget troupe wear?
4. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
5. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
2. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
3. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
4. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
5. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
6. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
7. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
8. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
9. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
10. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)