|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
2. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The pyramids.
(c) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(d) The Eiffel tower.
3. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) He catches a disease.
(b) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(c) Anna slaps him.
(d) The police catch him.
4. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(c) The ability to manipulate his mother.
(d) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
5. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A live puppy.
(b) A human.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stack of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
2. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
3. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
4. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
5. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
2. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
3. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
4. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
5. As the story begins, the reader immediately learns that the narrator is in a mental hospital. How does Oskar wish to change his room and are his changes something that would be expected?
6. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
7. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
8. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
9. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
10. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)