|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He was a torough man.
2. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(b) Castle Park
(c) South Beach.
(d) North Beach.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
4. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
(a) Oskar's drum.
(b) Oskar's voice.
(c) Oskar's small stature.
(d) Oskar's speed.
5. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Outgoing people.
(b) Timid people.
(c) Young boys.
(d) Young girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
2. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
3. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
4. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
5. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
2. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
3. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
4. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
5. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
6. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
7. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
8. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
9. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
10. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)