|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
2. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Bury them in the garden.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Use then to take over the city.
(d) Keep them in the open.
3. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(a) A visit to the zoo.
(c) A new drum.
(d) A teddy bear.
4. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Keeps them.
(b) Gives them to the needy.
(c) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(d) Throws them out.
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The toy dolls he sold.
(b) The other children in the area.
(c) The cash register.
(d) Potatoes and Cabbages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
2. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
3. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
4. Who does the seven of spades represent?
5. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
2. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
3. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
4. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
5. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
6. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
7. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
8. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
9. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
10. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)