|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) A chocolate factory.
(c) Back to the church.
(d) He runs home.
2. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The toy dolls he sold.
(b) The other children in the area.
(c) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(d) The cash register.
3. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(c) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(d) The ability to manipulate his mother.
4. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
2. When is Oskar's mother born?
3. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
4. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
5. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
2. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
3. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
4. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
5. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
6. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
7. What does Rasputin teach Oskar?
8. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
9. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
10. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)