|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Army uniforms.
(b) Doctors' coats.
(c) Colorful uniforms.
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
(b) Bathe naked in the Baltic.
(c) Feeds to poor.
(d) Goes to church.
3. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(c) The mail carriers.
4. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(b) The police catch him.
(c) Anna slaps him.
(d) He catches a disease.
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was a torough man.
(d) He was happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
2. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
3. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
4. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Greff fall into despair in Chapter 25?
2. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
3. Why did the citizens want to be present at the political rally?
4. Why does Oskar lose weight while he is in the hospital?
5. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
6. While at the beach, Oskar and his family meet a fisherman who is using a horse head to fish. What happens to Oskar's mother when she sees the horse head?
7. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
8. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
9. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
10. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)