|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
(a) He loses his eyeglasses.
(b) He loses his home.
(c) He dies.
(d) He loses a leg.
2. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Hangs himself.
(b) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
(c) Cleans it.
(d) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
3. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
4. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
5. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Feeds to poor.
(d) Bathe naked in the Baltic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
2. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
3. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
4. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
5. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
2. As the story begins, the reader immediately learns that the narrator is in a mental hospital. How does Oskar wish to change his room and are his changes something that would be expected?
3. What is the scene like in the Post Office as the Germans invade?
4. What do Oskar's family try to get him to do after Bronski was taken by the soldiers?
5. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
6. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
7. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
8. What is Maria's reaction when Oskar puts the homemade fizz powder in his hand and spits in it?
9. How does Oskar become the leader of the Dusters?
10. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)