|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A gun.
(b) A human.
(c) A live puppy.
(d) A stack of money.
2. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Tells Oskar it is no use.
(b) Brings Oskar real soda.
(c) Buys Oskar a drum.
(d) Has a pharmacist make it.
3. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) About 35 steps.
(b) Over 100 steps.
(c) Only 5 steps.
(d) Too many to count.
4. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) Immediately after the war.
(b) During the gun fight.
(c) During a skat game.
(d) Many years after the war.
5. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
(a) With weapons.
(b) With religious artifacts.
(c) With anti-war signs.
(d) With pictures of girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
2. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
3. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
4. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about quitting school after the first day and what does he do about it?
2. What did Oskar and his father find at one of the stores during Krystal Nacht?
3. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
4. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
5. What does Oskar do when he does not receive drums for Christmas?
6. What does the midget troupe eat on their picnic?
7. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
8. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
9. Did Oskar think his baptism was successful? Why or why not?
10. What happens to Oskar as the other men are taken away by the soldiers?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)