|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) The Post Master.
(b) Bronski's manager.
(c) A customer.
(d) A janitor.
2. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) Immediately after the war.
(b) Many years after the war.
(c) During the gun fight.
(d) During a skat game.
3. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Colorful uniforms.
(b) Army uniforms.
(c) Doctors' coats.
4. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(a) North Beach.
(b) Castle Park
(c) South Beach.
5. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The pyramids.
(c) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(d) The Eiffel tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
3. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
4. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oskar interpret the invitation of Jan Bronski's father to Kurt's baptism?
2. What does each member of the midget troupe perform for the soldiers?
3. What was Oskar's mother's diet like after Easter?
4. What was the result of Oskar's drumming under the rostrums?
5. What was to social and economic situation in Danzig in 1938?
6. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
7. What is Oskar's involvement in the criminal acts committed by the Dusters?
8. What is Herbert's job at the local bar like?
9. What was fizz powder used for and how was it used?
10. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)